Chatfield Dog Park

Chatfield Dog Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

My dog loves this park! He loves to swim here!

I had heard this place being referred to as Disneyland for dogs so of course we had to go. Even on a mid morning Tuesday it was busier than expected. It was nice to have the pup off the leash and he had a great time playing with other dogs. Not sure if it was because there were so many other people and pets there or the worn trails and well used areas but it still felt urban to me. I’m hoping to find an off leash place with long stretches for solitude and contemplation but this wasn’t it. Still a nice outing for the pup and socialization.

Love this dog park but you do have to pay state park fee plus dog park fee.

My favorite dog park so far... very large with swimming areas for the dogs. You have to pay the fees. We live close so its worth the annual pass.

My dog loves swimming in the ponds here!!

My dogs love this off leash place! If you plan to walk daily the annual pass for state park and annual pass for dog park are well worth the money! Nice walking trail for humans. Some sections are paved. Relatively level. Great ponds for water dogs. Across the street are field training areas. The rest of the park is good for walking as well .

If you have a dog with too much energy this is a godsend.

Friendly dogs scamper everywhere, and there are paved and unpaved trails to keep everyone moving. Two, big swim ponds are available for dogs. Pet waste bags are provided. 60+acres of fun. Well worth the $2 day-use fee.

love this place. I call it the Disneyland if dogs. our dogs always enjoy it. It's nice because they have water for dogs, a place to swim and a place where humans can walk. It's a big park.

Great hike with the (whole) family.

Our dogs love Chatfield dog park. It's an enclosed off-leash dog park with 3 holding ponds. There is fee to enter into Chatfield state park and another fee for use of the dog park. Please walk with a leash and bag to pick up after your dog.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

My dog made so many new friends, a great experience in a great location!

Monday, May 08, 2017

Giant dog park with a few ponds.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Wonderful Dog park.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Super fun dog park. Lots of big dogs and water dogs so if your dog is small like mine (mini poodle) it can be a bit overwhelming the first few visits. It's by far the best dog park in the area and just walking around is beautiful in itself - you don't feel like you're ever AT a dog park.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Lots of fun with other dogs! Always a water hole for the dogs to play in when the temperature is up.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

This place is a doggie paradise

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Great dog park and walk! It's completely fenced and has a great pond for dogs swimming.

Monday, November 21, 2016

amazing

Sunday, October 23, 2016

It's like a dog party! Easy path to run or walk around.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Very easy walk. Pretty dry area, a lot of yellow vegetation. The little pond is great for the dogs, they love to swim there. Not too crowded, they also offer clean up stations and dog water fountains.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Love love love taking my dogs here. I love to see the joy of dogs running around free. My dogs love this place. If your dogs love to run, walk and swim in the water? This is the place! Worth to have state pass and dog pass so can come here and cherry creek as many time you want. Happy dogs, happy mama I am!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

My wife and I live in Kansas City but frequent the south Denver area a few times a year. Some friends of ours invited us to this dog park with them and their two dogs. I couldn't be more impressed with this park. We visited on a Saturday when it was 60 degrees. Perfect weather and it was moderately busy, which we didn't mind at all. Cost us $8 to get into the park and $2 for the dog park. Well worth it! Will be back again.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nice hot, relaxing day with the dogs. They enjoyed the ponds and jumping around in the bushes.

Monday, June 01, 2015

This is hands down the best Dog park I have ever had the pleasure of using. My wife and I now take our dogs here every week day morning for a 1.67 mile walk around the park on the paved trail. (the overview above stating this is a .2 mile trail is wrong - the loop is 1.67 miles)

My favorite activity to do here is cross country skiing in the winter time with my dogs. The trails do not get plowed or shoveled in the winter but the park is open every day year round. A couple laps around this 1.67 mile trail on X-Country skii's feels great since it's mostly flat it's quite easy to do even if I have to blaze the first trail myself.

This walk goes around two ponds however the photos posted above by Joey Willett are not photos of the Chatfield Dog park, they are photos of the actual reservoir which is not inside the dog park.

As the commenters before me noted, this is a dog park. Being inside a State Park it is a Fee use area which costs $2/day or $20 for a year pass. Just as the park itself costs $8/day or ~$76 for a year pass.

This park is huge and clean. Definitely a 5 star dog park in my opinion. Even the people and dogs that you find here are great!

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Less of a hike than a FANTASTIC off leash dog park. No elevation changes to speak off, wide open trails with beautiful views of the foothills. You will need a park pass for Chatfield (or an annual Colorado State Parks Pass), as well as a day pass for each dog (couple bucks each), or an annual for ~$25. Worth every penny if you're bringing your furry friends.

If you're looking for a larger park with elevation changes and more of an actual hike, check out Evergreen (Elk Meadows) off leash dog park.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Not exactly what I would consider a hike, but it is a nice place. This is a wonderful (fenced) 69-acre off-leash dog park with several trails (paved and unpaved) winding through it. There are a two ponds for the dogs to swim in, plus watering stations for two and four-legged guests. It is very easy terrain, and overall a fun place to take your dog. Fairly busy all year round.

**Horses are NOT able to go into the dog park. They're allowed in Chatfield State Park.**