Chasm Lake

Chasm Lake is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Hyw. 7 out of Lyons to Longs Peak trailhead.

This hike was not easy in the best way! Beautiful view from the lake, a variety of wildlife, waterfalls and plenty of spots to rest and take it all in. Moderate incline hike with a little bit of rock climbing - a fun trail!

My friend and I tackled this hike yesterday and it was amazing! It is accurately classified as 'Moderate', as the 8-mile round trip trek was somewhat challenging, but the end result (Chasm Lake) and waterfalls along the way make it incredibly rewarding!

We started our hike around 8:30 am and completed it around 1:30 pm. The most difficult part of the trail is the uphill trek right before you reach the fork to head to Long's Peak or Chasm Lake. But once you reach that ridge it is pretty much all downhill from there, with the exception of a short scramble up the boulders to reach the lake.

This hike definitely made me want to attempt to summit Long's Peak, which I know is incredibly difficult, but that peak was calling out to me! That might be the next adventure :) I would highly suggest this hike to all decently experienced hikers. I definitely want to do this one again ... Maybe in the winter next go-around!

Good moderate trail. Steady incline. Would be difficult for a beginner. Have to climb rocks right before the lake. Beautiful views.

Such a beautiful hike! Views of so many surrounding hikes. It was one of my favorites!

was ice floating in lake in early July

Amazing trail - challenging but just enough... the views and final destination are completely worth it.