Ceran Saint Vrain Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Jamestown, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Easy and fun hike with the kid and the dogs.

low traffic, beautiful pines surround you, very peaceful, great for anyone

Trail had a large amount of traffic on a Tuesday afternoon and some liter, other than that pretty good.
Great scenery, but no vistas. Trail follows Creek most of the way. Just okay viewing of fall foliage.
Lots of dogs off leashes which I don't mind. Trail is really in between easy and moderate.
Given the 70 minute one way drive, I would only come back if I had dogs with me.

Nice walk through the woods along the creek. Aspens were changing but not peak yet. Well maintained trail with lots of spots to sit and enjoy nature. Easy to find.

Lovely little trail, lots of fall color right now. Saw a few people but mostly had the trail to myself. Easy enough for my short-legged dog to tag along. I didn't see a lot of poop bags like others have complained about and found this trail to be very enjoyable. Will definitely be coming back and would bring out of state friends!

A beautiful walk through the forest with minimal elevation gain, but some areas of moderately rocky/uneven footing. Shade is plentiful throughout.

This trail is so pretty and it is a very entertaining hike everyone in my family loves it including the dogs. The creek is so fun to play in together!

This is a beautiful trail but I would not call it lightly used, especially on the weekend. Once you get past the campers people and dogs begin to thin out but we pretty much constantly had to move off to side to let others pass. Everyone was really polite and every dog we encountered was well behaved (got lots of compliments on our 3

Great views along the river!

This is a beautiful hike for all ages. One of my favorites. We went during the week and got there early, so very low traffic. Just enough elevation towards the end to get good exercise.. However, as other reviewers commented on, the beauty was marred by the sight and smell of dog bags discarded along the trail. Dog owners, PLEASE dispose of your dog waste responsibly! It is so unfair to those of us that are there to enjoy the sights and scents of the forest, not smelly dog poop bags that have been sitting abandoned in the sun.

well maintained trail. not too hard but not too easy. I did the whole thing and was definitely tired by the time I got back to the trailhead. minor elevation changes.

It was an awesome hike along the river. Some awesome campsites off to the sides. It is a bit busy along those but once you are about half a mile in, it’s beautiful and pretty much empty. We would definitely hike here again.

It was a nice walk. My ten year old husky thought the trail down was fun and the walk back up a little bit tougher. We had a nice time and would do it again.

Nice trail. Unlike most others the downhill starts at the beginning. Lots of biting flies so make sure you bring bug spray. Plenty of places to put your feet in the water. Trail is smooth and great for trail running.

Amazing views. Low traffic. Just straight nature. Loved it. Took my dogs and it tires them out

We did this hike yesterday and loved it. Family friendly, peaceful. Will definitely do it again.

Trail is great. Road to trail is not the best and full of bikers.

Trail of Poop. We hiked this trail on 6/16/18. Every 10-20 feet there was a bag of dog poop next to the trail. Or just a pile of poop. Ick! What kind of people do this? You choose to bring your dog, you get to carry away it's poop. Don't subject the rest of us to it. I am a dog lover, but this was just too much.

Skip this gross trail. We've never seen anything this disgusting anywhere else.

Love this trail. Camped along the creek Sunday night and a mountain lion entered our camp and chewed the strap off my friend’s backpack. Be alert!

Good trail, some uphill but not too strenuous

very nice trail

The trail takes you on a nice stroll through the woods and along the creek. Numerous campsites line the first stretch of trail. It’s well worth continuing uphill to Miller’s Rock. It’s a scramble to the top but the views of the Indian Peaks and Longs Peak are hard to beat.

Hiked this trail today with my 2 year old. I carry her in the backpack, and this trail was perfect for that! Not too strenuous, but still worked up a little sweat carrying 40 lbs of toddler and snacks. Beautiful views, densely wooded and next to a stream the whole way. We only ran into a few other people, which made the drive worth it in overpopulated Colorado!

Pretty hike along the water. went early in the morning and no one around.

great trail with lots of places to relax by the water

Easy hike, shaded.

Great trial. Just went out and back with Boy Scouts backpacking. Some felled trees, but took care of two of the three of them. The ice is now gone except at one creek passage (you can go around). Super fun and easy hike to get you out of the day-to-day.

Only disappointment is the number of people who think they can camp between the water and the trail. Enforcement would be nice.

Love this shady trail. It’s perfect for summer days and hiking with your dog. There is access to water the whole trail:)

I got to the trailhead about 11am on a Monday (04/16) and only crossed paths with a handful of people. I loved that the trail offered areas of dense tree coverage, enormous boulders and rock walls, and views of the creek from above and at ground level. There were only a few icy spots left.
*I used this app to pull up directions on Google Maps however it directed me to turn too soon at a place where there was no actual turn. So, if you use google maps drive past where it tells you to make the final turn, go right at the fork and you'll find the sign for the parking lot on your right about .5 mile from where Google told you to turn.*

4/9- beautiful hike. Still some snow and ice in areas. We put on spikes after about a quarter mile and only needed them in some spots but were glad to have them! An easy walk through the woods. Mostly flat. The river goes along side the trail the whole way. The forest reminded me of hikes I’ve done in the PNW. A very peaceful setting. Saw lots of moose and bear tracks.