Centennial Cone Trail

Centennial Cone Trail is a 13.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

On weekends, you can only ride on even numbered days. During the week, it is multi-use and you can ride any of those days. There is a seasonal closure of the Elk Range trail, usually during late spring/early summer. Be sure to check and make sure this portion of the trail is open. Otherwise, you have to ride up Douglas Mountain Road to Camino Perdido Road to the north parking lot to rejoin the other end of the Travois Trail. This trail is a great mix of open meadows with rocky strenuous areas. There are only three creeks for water for dogs so bring lots of water. Centennial Cone Park is one of the largest parks in the Jefferson County Open Space system. The park offers visitors a vast, back country-type experience. When setting out to enjoy this expansive park, plan accordingly for your own health and safety.

Amazing views the entire hike. Perfect for a fall hike when you want some sun

beware alternate schedule here. just showed up and no hiking allowed today. bikes only

This logged 10.8 miles for me. I went counterclockwise and it was a good mix of ups and downs. Saw about 10 people hiking/running/biking on a tuesday midday. Did this one solo and seemed safe. Never saw any animals or tracks. Id say its on the low side of moderate. I got caught in a thunderstorm though for about 2/3 of the hike so that was unfortunate. Will def do again on a sunnier day. Theres also 2 lots for parking. No fees. Just check the hike/bike days for the weekends. Otherwise weekdays are fair game! I posted the map too!

Our first hike/trail in Denver! Loved it. Very little shade. Wide trail. Gorgeous views. We saw a caribou! So quiet and peaceful. The buses out in the field threw us off, but we used them for a break from the sun. Saw about 10 people the whole time. Can't wait to come back!

awesome trail. beautiful wildflowers and cacti all along the trail. took travious trail, just under 5 miles in and out. will Def come back.

I had a little bit of a time limit, so I wasn't able to do the whole thing, but I walked out and back probably about 5 miles or so on the Travois trail. The wild flowers were poppin', and on the way back, I took the Evening Sun Loop and saw lots of blooming cacti, which I love. Some pretty good views, too, from what I saw. Not super strenuous, but there is very little shade, and since it was 98 degrees today, the sun was fairly intense at times. Bring LOTS of water, sunscreen, and a hat.