Catamount Falls Trail

Catamount Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail isn't very clearly marked so be careful! I had to pull out my phone a couple of times to make sure I was going the correct direction after going off trail a couple of times. Other than, great hike and completely worth the time! There isn't a place to park near the trail so you hike up about a mile, through the neighborhood, to reach the trail head.

When in doubt, go right :) Beautiful hike near water the majority of the way.

Beautiful hike- was gald to have this app the second time around. There are certainly some spots where it's easy to get off track and end up somewhere else.

Fun trail, but definitely agree with other reviewers that it's not well marked. Lots of shade, beautiful waterfalls and wildflowers. Definitely a good workout but it's so peaceful and pretty when you make it to the reservoir for a breather.

Enjoyed the trail - definitely should have paid more attention when I entered out onto the road that takes you to the reservoir because had a difficult time finding my way back. Pretty views, dogs enjoyed it, just wish it was a little better marked. :)

Great trail! The walk from town prepares you for the climb up the mountain. The meadow up to is very relaxing and a great place to eat and relax.

Amazing hike and beautiful scenery. We'll definitely be doing this one again!

great hike.

Although I believe the 5.8 round trip must only be from the very start of the trail. the walk from the (legal) parking is both steep and farther than what I thought it would be.

Ok so Emma's tips on how to find the tail head are a must! (Down in the comments) but if all else fails using this app to make sure u are in the path is great! Sometimes the blue markers are really far apart and u wonder if ur on the right path. Then also once u get to the end of the trail then u will hit the road. Stay right. U will see a few cars going up that will take u to the reservoir.
The hike is absolutely amazing! I took my dog and my son and we had a blast. We took our time going up to see all the amazing scenery. We had lunch at the reservoir. It was the perfect half way marker.
You will need at least 2 liters of water per person to make sure u are hydrated.
We hit the trail about 7:30 and only saw 1 person all the way up. But on the way back there was a lot of people coming up. So I suggest to get their early and have it to yourself.
I will absolutely be back and soon!

Great until you get to the service road STAY TO THE RIGHT otherwise you'll be headed on the highway to Pikes Peak. Otherwise a beautiful outing. I would rate it on the easier side of moderate.