Catamount Falls Trail

Catamount Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts and ends on a road, but still beautiful. I started at 9:30, parked at the bottom of the hill per previous reviews and there was ample parking available. Steady climb up, well marked. Once the road ends and you hit the trail, the initial climb is super dicey because of ice. It’s clear after that though. (I’m sure the snow coming in tonight will change all of this). About 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up, there’s a giant tree down on top of the trail, so it looks like it abruptly ends. Apologies to those I passed that I forgot to inform!

Great trail. Waterfall was partially frozen yet still beautiful. Def don’t park on the road. Park at the bottom of the hill. The locals don’t like it.

This trail has an awesome view. The trail head is at the base of a hill by Hondo Ave. Hikers are not allowed to park any further up the road leading to the trail. Be careful not to miss the turn off just past the bridge by the waterfall.

I hiked this trail last week. It was very nice. There was some snow but not much. Dogs were off the leash alot but werent a problem though. We hiked to the lake. It was frozen over.

There is another trail that you can take and head right. I forgot the name of it. I don't know where it leads though.
I am going back in the summertime to fish there. This is a moderate trail with lots of rocks to climb on but NOT to bad. If you have bad knees then I don't recommend it.

I don't have pictures but I do have video on YouTube @ woameet.

I hope this has helped.
Have a safe and nice trekk!

Absolutely beautiful, I'll definitely do this again. Blue trail to the reservoir was mildly challenging in only a couple spots, but otherwise very pleasant and scenic throughout. It bears mentioning like the previous review... park at the bottom of the hill at the park. straight up the dirt road, keep going past the gate, up the slope past the falls to the bench. That's where the trail actually begins.

So we had no idea about this trail because there’s not enough reviews first of all and the description is lacking to from ALL TRAILS. This hike begins at the bottom of Hondo Ave. You have to walk a steep up and down road before getting to the trail. Residents only park on this road. When you get to the trail you have an option of choosing the yellow or blue trail. The yellow trail is short to Crystal Falls. The blue trail is very rocky and steep in areas leading to a reservoir which unfortunately we couldn’t make. We did take a left at the fork on the trail that leads to a nice overlook though. Overall we climbed close to 8K, and from the parking lot to the overlook and back is about 3.5 miles. I wish we could’ve hiked to the reservoir but had walked about 2 miles before we started this trail and had enough for the day. Decent trail but not overly impressed.

Nice trail!

What an amazing hike! We took the whole family, even our 8yr old daughter and she was able to hike it. The trail is rather difficult but totally worth it!

Hell yes!!

Underwhelming

It was fun. Good workout. Mix of difficult boulder strewn trails and simple dirt roads. Views are awesome.

Beautiful hike. Lots of quick side trips for views. Amazing views up top. Keep going, it's more than worth it! Park by the park on your left when you get into town and walk up Hondo ave.

This trail is a standout favorite. After the initial dirt road portion, the trail is made up of lots of jagged rocks and narrow switchbacks. The garden of eden is BEAUTIFUL! Hopefully you stick it out and make it up to South Catamount Reservoir because holy shit, more beauty. I like to bring people here for their first time and make them fall in love. Definitely bring trek poles if you've got them. I'd say they're necessary if there is any snowfall.

Oh! At the end of someone's driveway they have a little donation box and some cool gmf stickers so bring 3 bucks!

Incredible views at the reservoir! The hike was longer than anticipated with the steep dirt road at the beginning, but the views are totally worth it. Many of the leaves had already fallen at the Garden of Eden, but I could see how beautiful it would have been otherwise (not that it wasn’t already). Once you get to the dirt road at the end of the hike before the reservoir, stay to the right!

Absolutely beautiful views near the top! A challenge on the way up, but certainly worth it.

Loved all the water!

One of our favorite hikes in the area! We weren’t experienced the first time we hiked it (new to Colorado) & the most difficult part was getting up the steep hill to the trailhead. Make sure to park down in town & NOT up the road to the trail, as others have mentioned. Garden of Eden is truly the best part of the trek.

the resovioer at the end was gorgeous. expected more out of the falls and trail leading to the lake

beautiful! pretty safe hike as well. i did this with my dog and didnt have any problems. green mtn falls is also a cute town. best place to park is at the lake gazebo. be sure you make it to the garden of Eden. with the fall colors, it was absolutely breathtaking