Catamount Falls Trail

Catamount Falls Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail. Bring plenty of water! I screwed up the first time and didn’t. I was well prepared this time.

The stream the whole way up is great. From the parking lot to the trail head is about .8 miles. From the trail head to the top is about a mile and a half and you’ll hit right at 1k foot elevation gain. After that it is pretty mellow trail. I went 7 miles this last weekend to the south reservoir and back.

My ACD and mini American Eskimo loved it. The American Eskimo was a trooper but struggled keeping up on the way back.

This hike is amazingly beautiful. The route is a little hard to follow. Park at the bottom of the road near the stream and walk about a mile up a dirt road until you get to the water plant. it looks like nothing and as if you're not supposed to enter. But once you do you'll see a waterfall on the left and then a few trails. follow the blue dots for the reservor. once you loose the dots you come to a road and its very confusing but stay to the right and follow the road up then across the street you'll arrive at the reservoir. beautiful views and waterfalls!

I love this app! Someone’s review on here mentioned Hondo Ave to take to get to the trail. It’s not really marked well where the trail starts but it definitely has no trail hiking parking warning signs everywhere as you follow Hondo Ave up to the trail. The trail once we got there was very easy to follow. Some spots not as easy as others but relatively easy to figure where to go if you accidentally took a wrong path. Just an FYI it is a moderate hike and the incline going up can be a little changing for some but once you get past that it’s a pretty nice flat walk for a little while then more incline. We took a wrong turn when coming out onto the dirt path to get to the reservoir, it’s the path on the right not left. When heading back be sure to watch out for loose dirt and rocks along with slick rocks due to it being a kind of steep at times getting down. Otherwise this was an amazing hike and I will definitely be doing it again! My pups loved it by the way highly recommend it for any furry kiddos to join.

Finding the trailhead was a bit difficult for me and they are very particular about parking in that area. I’d suggest getting a map by the gazebo before you hit the trails. Also, know that you have to walk up Hondo Ave. to get to the trailhead. It’s an uphill dirt road. But once you get to the trail, it’s a lovely hike. I saw a fox and a few deer. The reservoir is stunning. I enjoyed it

The reservoir is stunning. Well worth the hike

Beautiful hike. The trail is well marked until you reach the look out point. The blue dot to continue to the meadow is located on the side of a post in the ground which got a bit confusing. The meadow is beautiful and there is a stream the trail follows for most of it. Definitely go early as the trail becomes quite busy around midday. Reaching the reservoir was great for a rest. snacks and shade or more trails if you want to keep walking!

Amazing trail and the meadow is spectacular. We did 7.8 miles total including the walk up Belvedere to the trail head and a bit at the reservoir. As others have noted the first third is the hardest and the last half mile or so is along a dirt road with vehicle traffic.

Beautiful! Not many sweeping views but a fun early part of the hike (somewhat steep and a little rocky but not a crazy incline). Once you get past the incline there’s a BEAUTIFUL meadow and stream. You’ll come to a road, follow it to the right up to the Catamount reservoir, which is where you WILL get amazing views of the lake and the peak! Taking our time, took about 3 hours. Despite lack of sweeping views (which is usually what I personally go for) it was an absolutely beautiful and serene hike. Very “naturey.” Would 100% do it again. And again and again :)

This was a hard hike for me. We parked along the lower road and walked up a steep road just to get to the trailhead. The hike was rocky and steep the entire time. I would highly recommend trekking poles and hiking boots. We didn't make it to the reservoir because I was over all the rocks and incline. On a positive note the waterfall was beautiful.

One of my favorites! Go all the way to the reservoir for amazing views! Nice aspens in the fall too.

Absolutely loved this hike! The first .7 miles is along Hondo Ave. The trail is steep, narrow, and rocky in sections, but the scenery is amazing.

Awesome hike! We did a lap around the lake and added 5 miles and some bushwhacked a bit.

Beautiful scenery! Loved the waterfall. Trail was marked clearly . Will do this again

Loved this hike. It was hard but had everything, Cliffside trails,rocky terrain,Meadows, multiple waterfalls,gurgling streams and then finish with the reservoir and great view of the mountains. This was my first solo hike and it did not disappoint, I am pretty sore a few days later still!

This hike starts off with a steep climb on a dirt road from parking area to trailhead of .6 miles. Then the first mile is moderately hard and rocky. Then you get to this beautiful meadow and it is worth the hike. After the meadow is another moderate climb to a road that leads to the reservoir. Pretty view of the mountains behind the reservoir. Great challenging hike with great views. No snow and only a little mud. Nice amount of small waterfalls which present great opportunities for nature photos. We will do this hike again!

Moderately challenging hike with a rewarding view at the reservoir. Well worth the 3 mile ascent with a decent incline gain throughout. Trail was clear with very little mud, no snow.

This hike was decently steep but very enjoyable! I went up while it was snowing which added another element to everything! The snow on the trees was very peaceful but made navigating the trail with the rocks a little tricky! You have to park at the bottom by the park as there is no parking for hikers allowed in the neighborhood so there is a bit of an extra walk up the dirt road to get to the trailhead. There's a gorgeous alpine meadow after the major part of the incline and you follow the creek for a bit as well where you see some waterfalls! The trail ends at the reservoir (not a waterfall like I thought for some reason :p ) but the reservoir lake is gorgeous and I'm sure there are great mountain views when there's not a storm brewing! No facilities at the trailhead (there might be some where you park) and the parking area is decent sized!

Beautiful view. Hiked up to the reservoir, and we had it to ourselves. Some snow and ice on the trail, but not to bad

The view at the end was beautiful. Not my favorite type of hike as about 2 miles of it was on dirt roads, and the path was very narrow and rocky in other places. Glad I did it though as the view of Pikes Peak was gorgeous and very peaceful.

Nice trail that leads to a beautiful lake. It’s steep in some places but a beautiful hike.

Frozen falls were beautiful. Be very careful on the icy death traps coming up on the side of Catamount Falls. Very slippery spots throughout the trail, recommending microspikes.

Starts and ends on a road, but still beautiful. I started at 9:30, parked at the bottom of the hill per previous reviews and there was ample parking available. Steady climb up, well marked. Once the road ends and you hit the trail, the initial climb is super dicey because of ice. It’s clear after that though. (I’m sure the snow coming in tonight will change all of this). About 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up, there’s a giant tree down on top of the trail, so it looks like it abruptly ends. Apologies to those I passed that I forgot to inform!

Great trail. Waterfall was partially frozen yet still beautiful. Def don’t park on the road. Park at the bottom of the hill. The locals don’t like it.

This trail has an awesome view. The trail head is at the base of a hill by Hondo Ave. Hikers are not allowed to park any further up the road leading to the trail. Be careful not to miss the turn off just past the bridge by the waterfall.

I hiked this trail last week. It was very nice. There was some snow but not much. Dogs were off the leash alot but werent a problem though. We hiked to the lake. It was frozen over.

There is another trail that you can take and head right. I forgot the name of it. I don't know where it leads though.
I am going back in the summertime to fish there. This is a moderate trail with lots of rocks to climb on but NOT to bad. If you have bad knees then I don't recommend it.

I don't have pictures but I do have video on YouTube @ woameet.

I hope this has helped.
Have a safe and nice trekk!

Absolutely beautiful, I'll definitely do this again. Blue trail to the reservoir was mildly challenging in only a couple spots, but otherwise very pleasant and scenic throughout. It bears mentioning like the previous review... park at the bottom of the hill at the park. straight up the dirt road, keep going past the gate, up the slope past the falls to the bench. That's where the trail actually begins.

So we had no idea about this trail because there’s not enough reviews first of all and the description is lacking to from ALL TRAILS. This hike begins at the bottom of Hondo Ave. You have to walk a steep up and down road before getting to the trail. Residents only park on this road. When you get to the trail you have an option of choosing the yellow or blue trail. The yellow trail is short to Crystal Falls. The blue trail is very rocky and steep in areas leading to a reservoir which unfortunately we couldn’t make. We did take a left at the fork on the trail that leads to a nice overlook though. Overall we climbed close to 8K, and from the parking lot to the overlook and back is about 3.5 miles. I wish we could’ve hiked to the reservoir but had walked about 2 miles before we started this trail and had enough for the day. Decent trail but not overly impressed.

Nice trail!

What an amazing hike! We took the whole family, even our 8yr old daughter and she was able to hike it. The trail is rather difficult but totally worth it!