Castle, Meadow, and Tower Trails

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(308)
Mount Falcon Park

Castle, Meadow, and Tower Trails is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 360 feet Route Type: Loop

West Trailhead: 21004 Mount Falcon Road, Indian Hills Start out on Castle Trail (0.4 mi), turn right on Meadow Trail (0.2 mi) and continue up Tower Trail East Trailhead: 3852 Vine Street, Morrison Hike up Castle Trail (3.1 mi), turn left on Meadow Trail (0.3 mi), turn right and continue up Tower Trail

Mostly flat, can wear running shoes.

Great views good hike

Such a lovely trail with some shaded areas and picnic benches! We saw two deer driving up to the base of the trail so be extra cautious. Ended up hiking castle trail around 10:30 on a Tuesday, the parking lot looked crowded yet there weren’t that many people on the trail, also there is plenty of space to socially distance. The ruins at the castle were spectacular and the view on top of eagle point was beautiful as well!

Gorgeous views... spent some time at the eagle shelter.

Gorgeous

Easy hike. Love all the trees. Totally dry on 4/30.

Great hike. We stuck to the right side trail and the views were amazing. You can even go see Tower Trail lookout too. Take this trail!

Solid trail. Nice combo of openness and forest + some cool views. Def on the easier side but nice short and sweet.

Gorgeous views of the city and the mountains. Benches to sit and relax. Dog friendly. Wide trails.

Mildly moderate hike with great views of the mountains to the west and Denver to the east. Did this one with my wife and dog this morning and the trail is in nice shape - a little muddy in places, but only a little snow remains. We tacked on the loop of the Olde Ute Trail for fun and that was the most snow we encountered.

Snowy trail this weekend, most of the snow was hardpacked as it snowed on Thursday and we’re here on a Saturday. Great views od the mountain top. Trail was moderately busy and parking lot was full even with the Corona virus quarantine going on. I would recommend this for an easy hike with great views!

Went to the west side (3/14) around noon, parking was available but only a few spots. Snow and mud in some areas but not enough to need spikes.

Hiked on Sat 03/07/20, lots of mud and slush on Castle trail. Some snow and slush on Meadow Trail. Did the hike in hiking books only. FYI parking lot was beyond full, people parked on both sides of the street on the way up. I went in the afternoon and found a spot at top lot. There are restrooms, maps available. Areas to picnic as well. Beautiful views on all trails.

icy

Manageable without spikes. I slipped a few times but I think that was user error. The tower is really beautiful and I loved all the landmarks. Would recommend for a quick hike to get out of the city.

icy

Really nice trail! Great scenery and well marked. The trail was pretty straightforward and so I would have rated it “easy”. That being said it was very rewarding. A few parts were quite slippery however even without spikes we managed just fine. Would definitely recommend this trail!

icy

I did this hike this afternoon for the first time. Great views and scenery! Pretty packed down with ice for much of it. I wish I would have put on my microspikes that were sitting right in my car. I think this is closer to easy than moderate as far as All Trails difficulty though. I got exactly 2.4 miles via Map My Run.

icy

Awesome winter hike with great views! It was snowy (little bit of ice) most of the way. I wore my Yak Trax the whole hike which definitely made the hike easier, but I don’t think they’d be totally necessary as long as you have good hiking shoes. Totally recommended this hike if you’re looking for a nice and pretty easy hike in the winter months.