Cascade Falls

Cascade Falls is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Great hike with a lot of diversity–you start our in a meadow with a river running through and then wind through the woods with scenic outlooks along the way. We spotted some moose, a marmot, a fresh bear track, (and droppings!) and lots of birds. The falls are impressive and there are some big rocks to sit on an rest before you head back. This trail took us 3 hours (1.5 to the falls and we sat for about 15 minutes).

Awesome hike! Had some pretty views, took me about 4 hours to complete. I definitely took my time and enjoyed the nature aspects of the trail. I saw a group of moose which was really cool.

Beautiful trail!

Great trail and we saw quite a few kids ( ages 7 or 8) making the hike. We did this hike in tennis shoes and it was fine. It took about 1hour and 45 minutes to get to the falls. The first 30 minutes are flat and wide and picturesque...and a good warm up for the remaining hike. Trail starts with a parallel to a private fenced ranch and we saw 3 horses. Then the trail follows the river through a grassy meadow area and then into the mountains.

Great hike! Beautiful falls.

The waterfall was really cool and the hike was not bad at all. Only gave four stars because of all the flies swarming me on the way back (mother nature's fault of course).

one of my favorite hikes.

Very nice trail, easy and great views.

Great easy hike for a family ! Went with my wife and son and parents . They all had a great time . My wife and I hike a lot and this was a great beginners trail an destination.

Nice hike! Saw a few mule deer and moose.

This is my favorite hike in the area. It has everything from amazing views, various terrains, and a big payoff at the end. I've never had a problem with wild life here, though today we were confronted & had a standoff with 6 rather big deer who didn't want to get off the trail. Started the heck out of me! Nonetheless, if you're hiking at a clip you can make it just under 3hrs.

Very nice Trail. Low traffic. We saw 3 moose 5 minutes from Trail head. We went all the way up to North Inlet junction which took 6 hours in and out. Great views of the creek, waterfalls, many water crossings. Not too steep all the way thru. Strongly recommend.

Great for kids.

Great trail from beginning to end. Saw two moose in the first mile or so beside the river. Well maintained trail. Even with some rain it was easily hiked.

The falls were awesome towards the end, but the first mile or so was kinda bland.

it was a great hike up to the falls. Worth the climb. beautiful scenery.

Great short hike for kids
Falls are awesome!

Nice trail. Falls are a great endpoint. The first half mile or so are not as exciting, but the last part near the falls is more interesting.

We hiked Cascade Trail all the way to the waterfalls. the trail was well maintained, gorgeous views of a wide range of nature, and a great spot to have a picnic lunch at the waterfalls (3.4 miles in) we had a great time!

This is a pleasant hike to Cascade falls. The first mile or so is a little dull. The trail is in great condition despite all the rain that has fallen over the last days. We started at 7:30 and saw about 10 mule deer close to the trail and 4 moose. At the end you don't get a great view of the falls themselves.
I prefer the Green Ridge Trail aka East Inlet Trail past Adams Falls.

This was an easy beautiful trail.

Wonderful! We had a great time hiking and fly fishing. It was a beautiful hike with the family.

Loved this hike through gorgeous forest. Easy, but beautiful. Saw several moose along the way. Gave my feet a much-needed break from hiking boots and wore tennis shoes - totally doable.

Beautiful hike!

Great falls!

Gorgeous views.

Easy and beautiful. Great hike, river is raging!

Very nice hike lots of red Columbines blooming now in June. We also saw a Western Tanager up close and the spring runoff was t its peak!

Loved it! Great mountain views and meadows. Falls were spectacular.