Cascade Creek East Fork

Cascade Creek East Fork is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Durango, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wonderful hike. There are 3 falls. The first is at the bridge, the second is off the trail where trail splits. Take the trail to the left, and the third is again on the left where the trail opens up in the large meadow. I missed the last two heading up but found them on the way down.

Absolutely stunning and completely empty this time of year (April) . There were a lot of trees down but only one was hard to navigate around. Definitely a favorite!

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! Great trail difficult with snow and ice in areas but still amazing! We took one trail up and a different one back crossing the creek on top of logs and rocks. It was so quiet and peaceful only seen one other biker. When we reached the falls with it was an amazing site the combination of snow, ice, and rushing water was worth every step. This was my first Colorado hike but won’t be my last. Thank you Colorado

ATTEMPTED MARCH 2, 2018

I have heard great things about these falls and have seen some cool winter pictures so I decided to try this while down in Durango for a long weekend. Started at 10am with perfect sunny weather. I had to park just off 550 since the road to the trailhead / lot was covered in snow. The trail started off fine, snowy but not bad. After a couple miles the snow started to get deeper and deeper. I gave up probably 4 miles in because the snow was deep and the only tracks were cross country ski's. The entire creek was covered in snow. Not really any good views at all. Would recommend waiting until spring/summer/fall for this one to see the water flowing.

AS OF NOW SNOWSHOES / SKIS ARE REQUIRED TO GET TO THE FALLS.

I gave 4 stars because I have seen great pictures of the falls and plan to try again in a couple months.

Easy hike to beautiful waterfall !

Beautiful waterfalls. I hiked up on the East side of the river, forded the river a little north of the waterfalls (there is a place from the meadow that is shallow) then hiked back on the west side. When returning, I crossed the river using a huge log that created an easy, natural way to cross. There are two possible logs to use. I used the north one, then walked further south and saw a much better one.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Waterfalls! The best 2 are pretty far back, and the trail is a little hard to locate in places. But that just adds to the adventure part, right?!

recorded Cascade Creek East Fork