Carpenter Peak Trail

Carpenter Peak Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,007 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Note: $8 a day for park pass (payable by credit card and cash.)

icy

Enjoyable hike with great views. Snow packed and icy, but easily navigated with micro spikes.

icy

Hiked both Carpenter Peak and the South Rim Trail today, logging in a total of 8.7 miles and 1368' elevation gain. The trail alternates between shady, muddy, icy spots and sunny dry spots. Other than a few slick spots here and there, both trails were largely navigable without microspikes though I was glad that I had my trekking poles with me. A great shoulder season hike within reasonable driving distance of Denver. I'll definitely be back here again sometime during the next few weeks.

icy

I’m in Denver for a wedding and wanted to do some hiking. It’s no 14er, but Carpenter Peak was still a good hike with great weather and nice views. Trail was a bit icy in spots and muddy in others, but it was easily navigable without any special gear. I’m at the Peak now, and may decide to do the South Rim Loop on my way back.

Nice trail close by no wildlife besides birds and lizards other than the hat really great views. Would do it again.

As someone who is newer to Denver and still building my altitude tolerance, I thought this trail was truly intermediate and so much fun. Moments where it felt strenuous, and moments for a nice break. 70 percent is exposed to sun, so wear your sunscreen.

Great trail with great views, I recommend doing this backwards for a more dramatic view at the end instead of the beginning. The sun is intense on the first half going up the side of the mountain, wear a big hat and bring a camera.

6.2 miles 13,900 steps Carpenter to ELK Valley & back via county road. Time 3 & 1/2 hrs loop total with stops n chats Start: Carpenter peak trail head to Elk Valley to Mtn Jeanie cabin to south County Rd5 loop back up north to Carpenter Peak Trail Hd to car pkg lot .... oops: forgot to turn on AllTrails tracker=:0 my map only tracks 1way back just after Mtn Jeannie cabin along Cty Rd5 to Carpenter Peak trailhead.

awesome trail and great view at the top!

Nice trail. It was just really hot. Great views from the peak.

Trail has great views of Roxborough. Can get some amazing photos. Lots of nice wildflowers in the summer - some I haven't seen on other trails. Trail is also fun in the winter with snow. Can be strenuous going up and feels harder than the given elevation gain. I'd recommend it if you have never been to roxborough before - should hike it at least once - worth price of park admission if you don't have a yearly pass.

Beautiful views at the top! Steady incline makes it a good challenge. I’d do it again.

didn't get to finish this trail in its entirety because I came late in the day, but it's beautiful all the way. great views at the top, I saw a few deer on my way to the bottom.

I really liked this hike. Amazing views! I arrived around 2 on a Wednesday. Very few hikers on trail. I hiked the 1st and 2nd flat irons in morning and was able to hike this trail with a little effort but no breaks until the top. Some exposed areas but lots of shade too. Will do this one again.

Fun trail, close to Denver. Not very strenuous at all even though the sign says so at the park. Wife and I did it in just over 2 hours. I enjoyed the shaded parts that could change in an instant to wide open views. I think I heard a mountain lion growl but never saw anything.

Great hike with wonderful views. Not strenuous in my opinion- I’m a moderate hiker in decent shape. The trail is well-marked. Rocky areas with exposed tree roots, so be cautious of tripping. I’ll definitely do this hike again.

The perfect hike. Challenging at times, but not too strenuous. Beautiful views in all directions. Definitely worth going early to beat the crowd!

Nice trail, not too strenuous. Nice views at Carpenters Point. We went on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn’t very crowded. Overcast skies may have kept people away.

The wildflowers and butterflies were beautiful. Not too crowded early but was becoming crowded as I left at 9:30.

Very pretty views, not really hard. Went Friday afternoon and didn’t see many people. $8 day pass for the park, payable by credit card, cash, or check.

Really great. Was here at 7am and the lot before the circle only had 2 other cars. Did the trail in about three hours. Super lush and beautiful wildflowers, birds and butterflies out in force. Saw a baby rattlesnake, it was cute but I didn't pet. Started to get pretty crowded on the way out by 10am.