Carpenter Peak Trail

Carpenter Peak Trail is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,007 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Note: $8 a day for park pass (payable by credit card and cash.)

Nice trail close by no wildlife besides birds and lizards other than the hat really great views. Would do it again.

As someone who is newer to Denver and still building my altitude tolerance, I thought this trail was truly intermediate and so much fun. Moments where it felt strenuous, and moments for a nice break. 70 percent is exposed to sun, so wear your sunscreen.

Great trail with great views, I recommend doing this backwards for a more dramatic view at the end instead of the beginning. The sun is intense on the first half going up the side of the mountain, wear a big hat and bring a camera.

6.2 miles 13,900 steps Carpenter to ELK Valley & back via county road. Time 3 & 1/2 hrs loop total with stops n chats Start: Carpenter peak trail head to Elk Valley to Mtn Jeanie cabin to south County Rd5 loop back up north to Carpenter Peak Trail Hd to car pkg lot .... oops: forgot to turn on AllTrails tracker=:0 my map only tracks 1way back just after Mtn Jeannie cabin along Cty Rd5 to Carpenter Peak trailhead.

awesome trail and great view at the top!

Nice trail. It was just really hot. Great views from the peak.

Trail has great views of Roxborough. Can get some amazing photos. Lots of nice wildflowers in the summer - some I haven't seen on other trails. Trail is also fun in the winter with snow. Can be strenuous going up and feels harder than the given elevation gain. I'd recommend it if you have never been to roxborough before - should hike it at least once - worth price of park admission if you don't have a yearly pass.

Beautiful views at the top! Steady incline makes it a good challenge. I’d do it again.

didn't get to finish this trail in its entirety because I came late in the day, but it's beautiful all the way. great views at the top, I saw a few deer on my way to the bottom.

I really liked this hike. Amazing views! I arrived around 2 on a Wednesday. Very few hikers on trail. I hiked the 1st and 2nd flat irons in morning and was able to hike this trail with a little effort but no breaks until the top. Some exposed areas but lots of shade too. Will do this one again.

Fun trail, close to Denver. Not very strenuous at all even though the sign says so at the park. Wife and I did it in just over 2 hours. I enjoyed the shaded parts that could change in an instant to wide open views. I think I heard a mountain lion growl but never saw anything.

Great hike with wonderful views. Not strenuous in my opinion- I’m a moderate hiker in decent shape. The trail is well-marked. Rocky areas with exposed tree roots, so be cautious of tripping. I’ll definitely do this hike again.

The perfect hike. Challenging at times, but not too strenuous. Beautiful views in all directions. Definitely worth going early to beat the crowd!

Nice trail, not too strenuous. Nice views at Carpenters Point. We went on a Saturday afternoon and it wasn’t very crowded. Overcast skies may have kept people away.

The wildflowers and butterflies were beautiful. Not too crowded early but was becoming crowded as I left at 9:30.

Very pretty views, not really hard. Went Friday afternoon and didn’t see many people. $8 day pass for the park, payable by credit card, cash, or check.

Really great. Was here at 7am and the lot before the circle only had 2 other cars. Did the trail in about three hours. Super lush and beautiful wildflowers, birds and butterflies out in force. Saw a baby rattlesnake, it was cute but I didn't pet. Started to get pretty crowded on the way out by 10am.

We started up at 11am and it took us 1 hour 20 minutes from the Visitor’s Center. We definitely found it strenuous but we are also new to the area and in our late 50s. I’d recommend starting earlier in the day as there is little shade. The views of the rocks are stunning all along the trail. At the top you can see the Denver skyline but not too impressed with the views in the other direction. Only able to see a tiny portion of a snow capped peak. However, this hike is a great workout and a fun challenge.

Hiked on 7/5. This is now one of my favorite hikes in the Denver area. Not far from the city, beautiful views from the top, and a good, steady incline with only a few switchbacks. The park lists it as strenuous but it’s not. It’s a nice hike with a peak to scale and a great view as a reward for your work. We saw a deer, tons of butterflies, and an occasional ground squirrel, but no signs of rattlers. The flora is magnificent right now as there’s been so much rain. There’s only a little shade on this trail and several in our group got burned. Sunscreen is a must. And the trail measured out at 6.8 in and out, so it’s a little longer than listed here or on the park map. Adding in the remote parking lot if the closest one is full (and it usually is), from your car, it’s probably 7 miles round-trip. But worth it!

Did this yesterday among the other trails in Roxborough, they’re all well maintained. Carpenters peak is beautiful. It’s very exposed to the sun for the most part but when you get to a shady patch it makes it that much more enjoyable. The wild flowers are incredible right now & there are butterflies everywhere! We come here often, I definitely recommend visiting if you’re in the area.

Nice trail!

Beautiful hike. Lots of wildflowers right now. There are also lots of birds so you are serenaded through out your hike. The views are spectacular

Beautiful hike! Everything is soooooo green and the wild flowers are blooming!

Green! Great hike steady climb to top with great views of rock formations like Garden of the Gods. No crowds!!!!

Great, easy trail with great views. Feels longer than 3.1 miles one way though. Arrive early!

Great hike with great views

Warm and sunny. Dry out today. Saw some wildlife. Great views throughout.