Camp Lakes, Rawah Lakes, and Twin Crater Lakes Loop Trail

Camp Lakes, Rawah Lakes, and Twin Crater Lakes Loop Trail is a 23.6 mile loop trail located near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and backpacking.

Great loop. The Aspen trees are just beginning to change color. Beautiful alpine lakes. The trail was snow covered at the very highest elevation around the Rawah lakes but still easily passable. Definitely a moose haven.

Beautiful area. Saw more moose than people over four days.

This is one of my favorite backpack trails in Colorado. Rugged peaks, alpine lakes, wildflowers, moose, and other wildlife. On top of that, there aren't a lot of people after you get past the range that day hikers are likely to get to. It seems like only backpackers will be in the Rawah Lakes area, so I camped just North of Rawah Lake #2, which I think had about the most beautiful views. Unfortunately, it seemed like some weren't in agreement with the leave no trace thought process. The South portion of the loop had a lot of trees down across the trail, but the North portion was mostly unblocked by trees. The North part of the loop was muddy and boggy, like usual; it's also where the moose like to hang out. I saw 8-9 this trip, but I saw 6-7 on one morning at Camp Lake the last trip.

I skipped Twin Crater Lakes so I could spend two nights at Rawah Lake #2 and went up South Rawah Peak #2 after the first night. It was strenuous and there was no trail, but I would recommend it. The views are great, especially looking South.

Awesome hike! We started Friday afternoon and finished Sunday morning. Gorgeous wildflowers, alpine meadows, and glacial lakes. Definitely one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on. It was pretty soggy in some places (late July) and there are a few tedious river crossings, but it definitely added to the adventure

Fantastic 2 night 3 day
Crater lake was gorgeous but packed. Camp lake was serene and peacfull
Boggy meadows w creek crossing and even a river crossing