California Gulch Trail

California Gulch Trail is a 15.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Silverton, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Didn't finish the whole trail because we kept taking the tangents. Gorgeous scenery and some snow in July at the top. Did it in a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with Off Roading tires and a HEMI. We had one little iffy on a rocky area but we took it slow and didn't have any problems. Cheers!

off road driving

This was my favorite drive by far here. I liked it even better than Alpine loop! Lots of snow in June!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Not a tough trail but worth the trip. We went in June and there was still lot of snow towards the top of the mountain.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Jeeped this one as part of the Alpine Loop. Not too hard, but a little rocky. I always recommend people not take stock 4x4 vehicles on these mountain passes; rent a proper Jeep or ATV. But if you think you can do it, don't let me stop you. I just think it's a bad idea. Definitely no passenger cars....that's just plain dumb.

Friday, March 01, 2013

Easy trail that starts at Animas Forks, over California Pass, by Lake Como, and over Hurricane Pass

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Doable easily in a stock 3/4 ton 4x4 powerstroke nicetrail

Monday, October 04, 2010

When I die, my wish is to have my ashes spread at the top of California Pass towards lake como.