Cahill Pond Trail

Cahill Pond Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Florissant, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 413 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Mueller State Park Visitor Center: Follow Wapiti Road northward to the campground. The Grouse Mountain Trailhead lies at the north end of the campground. Follow Cheesman Ranch Trail passed the spur to Grouse Mountain Overlook to the intersection with Cahill Pond Trail.

Nice views, nothing extra. The park ranger at the gate was very friendly and helpful.

The Autumn aspen color is beautiful.

I love Mueller state park overall. The hikes at the top are just fantastic. Note the signs can be hard to follow on this and if you miss the turn you will end up on a much longer hike. Mueller is tough to guage in how hard this hike is. It is a case of what goes down must come back up. That is what gets me going down I am like maybe I take this side spur and then I a killing myself on the way back up. Still a fun hike and very pretty in the fall.

Great hike for the family. The last .25 miles was pretty steep and I would say makes the trail towards the upper end of easy, my 4 year old ended up on my shoulders. Plenty of aspens which made the fall colors incredible. Loved it.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Just the right length for an hours walk

Monday, September 25, 2017

great easy trail to do with a stroller and kids! Beautiful views of the aspens changing colors this fall!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

We settled on this trail the morning we tried to hike Horsetheif to the Crags Trail (it was too icy though). I'm so glad we hiked this trail (in conjunction with The Cheesman Ranch Trail) because it ended up being my favorite hike of our entire week long hiking trip. We set our hammock up and hung out for a few hours across from the Cheesman Ranch buildings. We saw 12 deer in the 4 hours we were out on the trails. There was a bit of snow so be careful if you go in the next few weeks! The trail was easy to find though we had to hike about a mile to get to the actual trail head since the gates at the comfort station were still closed for the winter. The trail was easy to follow and everything is very clearly marked! We highly suggest this one!! Stop in the nature center or at the entrance to get a trail map!

Friday, October 28, 2016

This would be an amazing trail at the end of September, when the leaves are all changing. The meadow portion of the trail has a wooded area that is a beautiful mix of pine and aspen. The trail itself is wide, well-traveled, and only mild ups and downs (mild for the region). At the end of October, Cahill Pond itself was rather low. As it goes in Mueller State Park, there are over 50 miles of trails that are interconnected. I joined this trail with over 7 miles of other paths. Beautiful place.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cahill is one of the many trails in Mueller State Park, south of Divide, CO. I would rate Cahill Pond as easy. If you want something a little longer, you can continue on to the Cheeseman Ranch Trial #17 or Buffalo Rock Trail #33. Great views of western slope of Pikes Peak.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018