Butler Gulch Trail

Butler Gulch Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Berthoud Falls, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

snowboarding

I hiked this in Mid-October, but it is by far my favorite so far. It was a bit snowy when I hiked it with my dog, and it was absolutely gorgeous. There is a beautiful waterfall halfway up, and eventually you get above tree line and come to an abandoned mine with old artifacts scattered around. Beautiful, amazing hike.

Season after season I️ can’t get enough of this trail.

Hiked 10/20/17. Snow on trail was manageable with boots/yaktrax. Once we got above the trees snowshoes were necessary (conditions were snowy, quite windy), which we didn't have so we had to turn back. Great views though! Definitely a good workout.

This hike was very nice and pretty, but the snow was very deep once you're up above the trees, which made it difficult and hard to find the trail. It was nice up til then.

Good hike. It said its hard but its mostly moderate. Great scenery on the way up.

Beautiful hike with water falls and amazing views. Quite steep, excellent workout!

Love this trail. We went there twice this year. The flowers, creeks, awesome view above the tree line.

This trail was fairly difficult. Steady incline all the way up. Water source for dogs, and lots of pretty flowers. Great views. At the top there is an old mine shaft that my dog and I are convinced is haunted. Enjoy!

Absolutely loved this hike! Good steep incline through the woods, and gorgeous views above treeline. Was able to trail run down about half of it without worrying about big rocks/tripping hazards.