Burro Trail

Burro Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 918 feet Route Type: Out & Back

skiing

The trail begins off the base of Peak 9, near Quicksilver chairlift. It takes you along a creek through pine forest and meadows. You can eventually connect to Spruce Creek Trail. Great scenery and a relaxing, family-friendly path.

Fantastic hike through forest. Peaceful with only a few other hikers seen during our hike. Good base of snow so used our snowshoes. Saw a mom and kids skiing a portion of the trail. Most other hikers were in hiking shoes with no problem navigating the path. This is a nice hike and is particularly good while acclimating.

easy to negotiate, even today in 3-6 inches of snow. great trail to start from if you're staying in breck to make a long day up to mohawk lakes.

Trailhead is on the far side of the parking lot just past the T-bar tow pulley. Constant steady but relatively easy climb the entire 3 miles to the end. The elevation at the end is 10,600 ft. Few patches today that were ice and snow covered. Rocky and technical in a few places. Poles helped a bunch. Not much scenery at all. Mostly tree covered (pines). Aspens have shed their leaves already. Overall not a bad trail.

A great moderately challenging trail that’s walking distance from downtown Breckenridge.

beautiful and quiet. the stream is so pretty.

Nice quiet walk. We did the first mile and then took warrior trail back to the ski slope.

Hiked this on 9/22/19. Lots of trees, shade and hopefully lots of fall colors soon. It’s a great hiking option close to town. Starts off with a bit of an incline but flattens out about halfway through. Only saw 5 other people on a Sunday afternoon. We only made it 2 miles out and back but would do it again to finish the whole thing.

Great first day trail to acclimate. We were lucky as there were not many people. A few bikers and a couple hikers. Very quiet and easy to follow trail with markers.

This trail is definitely on the easier end of moderate. It’s a lovely walk in the woods - no real views though. The directions listed by AllTrails sent me to a trailhead nearby the Burro TH. It was a short walk to pick up the Burro Trail, but just something to double check if you want to be sure to park at the TH associated with Burro.

Family friendly and pet friendly. Beautiful walk in the woods.

Great trail for families and dogs. To the lady that thought I called her dog a jerk, please know that I was talking to my dog who can be a jerk. Anyway, I hope I didn’t ruin your day because you looked pretty bummed out. I also recommend eating a better breakfast.

Great easy trail through the trees and along a stream. Not tons of big mountain views but still a pretty hike.

Great little trail if you’re looking for an acclimation hike. I’d rate it easy to moderate and only because I’m a flat lander who just arrived from Dallas the day before. If you’re used to the altitude already, this hike is definitely on the easier side. There’s a little river by your side for about a third of the way thru. After that it’s just trees. I started the trail about 4:45 in the afternoon and I saw a few hikers on the way up for about half of the way and then I pretty much had the trail to myself.

Very scenic through the trees. Easy hike for a moderate. We turned right at the fork and took a different trail for about a mile and then turned around. Easy access to trail head.

always a great hike to begin our Breckenridge trip

I was staying in a rental place and there’s a trail system right outside the door. One morning, I just went for a stroll while the rest of the family slept in. The trail led to the Burro Trail, which was really nice, I just didn’t take the time to do the whole trail. It’s so convenient for anyone staying on condos around Columbine Rd.

Easy hike right near our resort. Good for casual hiker or even to trail run. MTB on trail so keep alert.

Great trail for kids. Easy hike. Good views. The first part of the hike is in close proximity to the stream. Easy to find trailhead.

Once you get away from the creek it’s a bit hot and boring.

This was an easy hike with our 5 and 1.5 year old. The 5 year old made it about a mile in before she was a bit tired. So we had lunch and heard back great views if you venture a bit off the trail. Fairly busy.

Easy hike with great views of the mountains.

Do yourself a favor and turn around where the trail forks. Pass the fork you will have loose gravel going up an incline with no destination but a service road at the 3.1 mile mark. if you actually want to see anything like a lake or actual view you will have to hike much further. The trail is pretty up to where the trail forks, passed it is very boring.

Trail was lovely. Not highly trafficked. It was relaxing to walk next to stream. We had a hard time finding the trailhead since we didn’t know where to find the Quicksilver lift either. Both are located behind the Beaver Run resort. Looked like there was some public parking available in that part of the resort lot and the trailhead sign is just behind it.

It’s a great hike for anyone. Shaded forest trail with blue diamonds that mark your way. I got confused about 1.8 miles in where it divides and couldn’t tell if my gps just wasn’t tracking there. All in all I really enjoyed the home early in the morning. I could see a lot of people starting up when I was finishing at 9am.

Nice shaded hike. Lots of spurs. Felt like we were on the right trail.

Unless you want the workout, stop when you can no longer hear the brook.

We hiked from our rental in downtown Breckenridge up the Burro Trail and all the way to lower Mohawk lake (7/23/19). The trailhead was hidden behind a resort but immediately met with a stream which flanked the hike for the first mile. The second mile was more wooded with a lush green carpet surrounding the trail. The final mile was more wooded and rocky, but still comfortable in the shade. my only qualm was the trail just sort of peters out and then you go back.