Buana Vista to Tincup 4x4

Buana Vista to Tincup 4x4 is a 32.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Buena Vista, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

Point to Point

off road driving

scenic driving

historic site

This is a very nice scenic trail to off-road. It has some cruising points and many additional offloading trials to hit as well. Many points are slow crawling with boulders, especially on your way to Mirror Lake so a lift would be ideal, but nothing too treacherous. Great fishing at the lake, which is gorgeous, and plenty of areas to take a picnic. Tincup is a historic Town and very cool place to end.

off road driving

First time I did just this route as I was alone, I intend to take some of the detour trails on my next time on this trail. My photos say 2016 instead of 17, but i w3ent the day of the Eclipse.

Serius XM works the entire route, Nice cell coverage over the route.

Some cruising points, a little paved roads, plenty of rough dirt roads, and plenty of boulders to crawl over, and lots of additions trails along the way.

I stopped and checked out a waterfall along the way. on a slight detour.

Overall a very fun and enticing trail, that i plan to tackle a couple more times as I explore the additional trails the splice off.

Plan this as a day trip and possibly overnight if you plan on taking the side trail as well.

You will also Stop at the Continental Divide on Tincup Pass which is the highest point before you cruise on down to Mirror Lake.

I initially took this route as I was planning a fishing trip at Taylor Res, Wich has great deals on boats, and had tons of fun catching lots of fish, that lake is full...... no joke.