Bruin Bluff Trail Loop

Bruin Bluff Trail Loop is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not bad, good for a short hike and time in nature. Good for families and dogs. Pretty busy on a Saturday, by the time my group left at 11am the parking lot was packed and many people heading out to the trails. I liked this and would be a good hike for my small dog.

Yeah it's a little crowded, but Lair o' the Bear in general is. You don't go there for secluded walks, but more of a meander-with-kids-or-dogs type easy hike. Great for kids as they get the fun of climbing the 'bluff' and can play around in the creek after. We've been to LofB half a dozen times, and this is the first time we've ever formally followed a trail instead of just playing around. Really nice, would do this one again.

Nice easy hike. Somewhat busy but it was a Saturday morning. Would be a great easy trail for running!

Not bad. Some nice views of the hills and trees. Weaving out of shade and sun and some switchbacks with elevation gain. Very short hike of about 1-2 mi and a photo opp at a pile of rocks (bruins bluff?). Fun for kids and dogs by the creek jumping rocks. Fairly crowded for a CO hike but nothing compared to the crowds found in Silicon Valley trails.

Nice little hike, very close to the city. A little elevation gain makes it a good workout. The views are nice but mostly I liked the trail which weaves in and out of trees. Would definitely do again when I'm looking for a short walk.

Great place to take out of town visitors. It is both easily accessible locationwise as well as accessible difficultywise.

First hike in Colorado in which I thought 'how the hell do I get out of here'. It's my fault. It doesn't claim to have all the glitz and glam of other mountains but I listened to a friend who said it was a great way to spend the afternoon and now I will never listen to them again. Underwhelming views pretty crowded and nothing that made it all feel worth it. I know, I know, I have a bad attitude. I honestly just don't like my job right now so it's reflecting highly in this review which is partially unfair but that's life.

Great trial for our first time hike with a toddler! It took two hours, we walked very slowly and weren’t tired. Highly recommended for kids.

Perfect for a quick day hike close to Denver. Very crowded, even on a weekday. Passes a few stream crossings which are nice for the dog to get some water and feet wet. Easy but still with a little elevation gain-- nice view from the high point about halfway through the trail. Lots of dogs and children. We had a little picnic at one of the many sitting areas near the stream after the hike-- very enjoyable. 3 stars only because view are very mediocre and it's close to the highway but not all trails can be 5 star views! Will definitely be back in the future.

Went a few weeks ago, very easy trail, family and beginner friendly. Dogs are welcomed, restrooms are clean and park rangers were at the entrance if anyone had questions (not sure if that's often). Lots of people having bbqs at the picnic areas. This place was VERY crowded and I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a more "calming" hike. Lots of parking available, but gets very full fast.

Perfect for our kids (ages 8 and 4). Did this one first, then had a picnic and played in the creek before going to check out the castle trail.

By far one of my favorite quick go to’s. I love the weaving in and out of the trees and the rock ledge that peaks out so you can see your car in the parking lot. Heavily trafficked but still enjoyable. Great for a quick booty workout and then soak your feet in the creek!

After finishing Bear Creek to Bruin Bluff and Creekside Trail, I looked up a near by short trail. This was the same trail as Bear Creek to Bruin Bluff and Creekside Trail but coming from the busier side of the parking area. At 10:30am, I had to drive around few circles to find a parking spot. Lots of family, kids are out.

Easy trail with a few nice views and access to a stream.

Easy hike you can get really high and there is a stream down low. Leashes dogs allowed. It’s beautiful!!!

It's my go-to for out-of-towners wanting to go for a hike.

In a mile and a half, you get stream, meadow, woodland, and rocky outcropping. The out of towners get a "hike" experience, without anyone getting too winded.

Then to finish things off, there's places to go eat/drink at 5-10 min drive up or down the canyon.

Went on a warm afternoon in February. Very easy and relaxing trail. Only saw two other people. Very icy in some spots. Use Crampons for sure at this time of year.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The park breaks off into a few trails & the signage gets a bit confusing we ended up on the long loop for Bear Creek & off of Bruins but overall loved it. Great place to take the family for a picnic & splashing in the creek

Friday, August 04, 2017

Easy, less traveled.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Well maintained nice views less noise then on weekends.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Nice trail we took our two daughters on (10 & 2). Had a lot of fun!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Easy, well worn paths. Suitable for kids. Fairly shady, and ample opportunities to jump in the river if you want.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Needed an easy hike to do with my dog who broke her foot and this hike was perfect. Easy, beautiful, and well maintained!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Good little hike with uphill first, both sun and shade. Can still hear highway though. Great for wildflowers.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Easy trail, beautiful scenery and kid friendly! It can be combined with other trails in the park for a longer hike.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Baby trail...

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

This was a beautiful little trail. It's easy, but you still get a good workout on the way up. Lots of shade and beautiful weather. I will definitely be back! The only downside is that you can still see/hear the highway from the trail, but if that doesn't bother you then this is a perfect and easy hike.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Easy and pretty

Monday, March 06, 2017

Good trail for bringing out of towners - it is well marked and easy. - Completed Dec 4 2016

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Great easy trail to bring out-of-towners.

Good variety of scenery in a compact package, and just enough elevation change so people feel like "I hiked."