Brown's Lake Trail

Brown's Lake Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nathrop, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

This is not an easy trail but it is absolutely beautiful! my husband and I hiked this and camped out at the lake with our dog. very steep in a lot of spots so with our gear on it was quite the workout. the way back is obviously all down hill. the hike to the falls is usually pretty busy, but once you turn off towards the lake it's pretty quiet.

6-5-17. We started with only the intention of hiking to the Falls but decided to go on to the Lake. It was a beautiful day. Still some snow in spots. Kept long sleeves on the entire way up, even though we thought about ditching multiple times. It was cool sitting around the lake to grab a bite. Started at 8:15. Glad we did. I don't think anyone behind us made it to the summit due to threat of storms. It was a Monday so not crowded at all. The wind really came up on our way down and there were dark clouds overhead but we only got a few sprinkles.