Browns Cabin Trail

Browns Cabin Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buena Vista, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until September.

this trail is a little ways out of town and there wasn't much traffic. there was snow on the ground still! But it was fairly warm out. there's a lot of vertical, so be prepared for all that uphill! we never made it to the cabin, ran out of time, but I would definitely come back, the views of the mountains and the nearby river were so pretty.

***I fixed the track a while ago and put my recording here, it was updated a day ago and the RED TRACK IS CORRECT NOW. Regardless, if you would take the time to read the map at the TH ^^Ryan^^, you would've realized the old track was wrong and found the correct trail like I did***

Amazing trail up to Browns pass, than about another 1/4 mile down to the dilapidated cabin. Creek, forest, and old mining remnants with not much traffic. Great trail to get the family on! Don't turn off the main trail if you want to reach the cabin, always continue straight and don't hang right to go up towards Mt. Yale or left to a lake.

Despite the mileage and route being WRONG... it was a good hike and I'll do it again. The route starts correctly on Denney Creek trail. There's a fork at the 1.2m mark. AllTrails takes the Yale Peak fork, and I don't know if there's some other cabin up there but passing hikers were telling me that Browns cabin is on the Browns Pass fork and round trip from Denney Creek trailhead is 8.8, not 4.7. Thunderstorms turned me back from the pass, but I'll be back to explore both forks.