Bridal Veil Falls to Blue Lake is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pandora, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park at the top of Bridal Veil Falls and begin walking the road past the falls and up towards Bridal Veil Basin. It's about 3 miles one way. There is some interesting old mine equipment all around the lake area. The lake itself is really nice with a view south of the Needles. Columbine Lake is right over the ridge from Blue Lake to the south. You can take the road all the way to Lewis Lake. That would add just over 5 miles total and you would be in Bridal Veil Basin at that point. The road follows Bridal Veil creek the whole way, so you are in a canyon on this hike. There are still great views despite that.

Great hike. The views are incredible and we saw the lake in clouds, sunshine, and snow—all within about 10 minutes. It’s well worth the effort. We saw it listed as “moderate” but viewed it as tougher than that.

Amazing and challenging hike. Use the directions from earlier posts (thanks) to make sure you don’t miss the trail to Blue Lake. Bridal trail falls was just a trickle at this time of year but there are other amazing waterfalls along the trail. Make sure you wear hiking boots or trail runners. Hikers who wore running shoes had trouble navigating the loose gravel both up and down the trail. The views were well worth the hike!!

Beautiful Hike - every turn you take you either have an awesome viewpoint or eyes on a waterfall. Hiked this in last August while a storm was rolling in. It was overcast, but I imagine on a clear day you will be hot and in the sun for most of the hike.
Any 4x4 car will make it to the top of Bridal Veil Falls (no need for high clearance). The first fork in the trail: Right will take you to Silver Lake. Second fork in the trial: Left will take you to Blue Lake, Right will take you to Lewis Lake

Considered this hike hard. Continous incline until reaching the lake. Unfortunately the day was overcast and the lake wasn't as blue. Great views and waterfalls. Took us 4 hours to complete

This is an absolutely stunning hike. We drove our jeep to the top of bridal veil Falls near the powerhouse and parked in the sixth switch back up. There is no parking at the very top of the 4 x 4 trail near the powerhouse. We are flatlanders from Ohio and it was our first day at altitude so we were sucking wind most of the way up. Took us about 2 hours and 10 minutes to reach the lake. Started hailing as soon as we got up there. It was a beautiful hike all the way through with a stream, waterfalls, and amazing mountain scenery the whole way. For sure one of my favorite hikes of all time. Bring a lot of water, I drank about 4 L, and make sure to dress in layers and be prepared for weather at the top.

We did the hike starting from the very bottom of the falls since we just had a small sedan. The hike was about 11 miles from the bottom round-trip (per my Fitbit) and was about 150 flights up. The trail was gorgeous! Honestly, it was one of the prettiest hikes I’ve ever been on (and I’ve also hiked Mt Sneffels). Since we went at the end of August, the colors were breathtaking and we started around 7:00 am so the mountains were shrouded with clouds & mist. It was awesome. Definitely a challenging hike since the first 5+ miles are all incline. The Lake itself isn’t that spectacular but it was cool to see the old mining ruins next to it.

Did this lovely hike with my 21 month old son in a backpack and my 10lb shih tzu. We had a blast, and even took a dip in the ice cold lake!

Loved this hike. We had walked all the way from the bottom of the bridal veil falls which made for a long day but I would still do it again. From the top of the falls you are hiking right along the river that feeds the falls. This river is gorgeous the whole way with plenty of little waterfalls. I went mid July and the wildflowers were breathtaking. Every slope was covered with them and there were plenty of different varieties to look at. Walking up to the lake we didn’t even see it at first because the reflection was so vivid. The lake was pristine and was surrounded by jagged peaks. Also near the top was left over parts from the old mines making for some beautiful pictures.

This is a beautiful hike. I got elevation sickness so it may not be for everyone. It’s worth it though. Take lots of water or a water filter (lots of water everywhere) and sunscreen and make sure your battery on your camera is well charged because your going to use it!

Gorgeous, stunning... and read on for tips not mentioned in any other review. For me, this was a 12.3-mile hike, because my car couldn't get over the rocks and straight waterfall crossings (for real) on the ride up Bridal Veil. :)

IMPORTANT: As someone else said earlier (thank you! I would have been lost without you), there are no signs, so remember: At the first trail split, stay left; at the second trail split (another 1/2 mile or so up), stay right. This way you'll make it to Blue Lake and not some of the other lakes.

PRO TIP: You can hitchhike up or down it! Locals do this often. I didn't realize this until the end of the hike, however. I started my hike at 10:30am and finished at 4pm. No snow at all this time of year. This hike for me was very long and rises in elevation 3,000 feet.

Also, this is COMPLETELY different than the Blue Lakes Trail near Mt. Sneffels, I did not know this, but it hardly mattered because the views are beyond stunning and truly kept me going. The majority of the trail past Bridal Veils falls is in the sunshine; wear sunscreen even if you normally don't and bring plenty of water. And a fully charged phone or camera, as you'll want to take hundreds of pictures.

My friend and I did this hike last Saturday (6/2) around 10 am. We drove my friend's Rav 4 to the top of Bridal Veil Falls, which was a magnificent drive, but definitely a bit challenging for his vehicle in terms of clearance. However, driving to the top was the right option, as it took about 5 miles off our trek to the trailhead for Blue Lake.

We started our "physical" hike around 11 am and completed the trek around 2:30 pm.

This was a magnificent hike with incredible views of the Three Needles and Bridal Veil Creek all the way up to the lake. The trail itself was covered in river flow (no more than an inch at places), but made for an incredibly pleasant hike. There were also waterfalls galore in the Bridal Veil Valley, which just added to the majesty of this impeccable trek.

The peaks leading up to the lake are breathtaking and there was a little bit of snow on the trail, but nothing that required Yaktrax/crampons.

The lake itself was completely frozen and would have been cool to see a little later in the summer when it is completely thawed out. Still an amazing hike that I would recommend to anyone visiting Telluride for the weekend!

Did this hike on December 16, 2017 during a month lacking normal snowfall. Although there wasn't much snow on the road leading up to Bridal Veil Falls, we weren't able to drive all the way up to Bridal Veil Faills. We had a 4WD vehicle but didn't want to attempt it with the icy sections (and we're glad we didn't). We hiked two miles up to Bridal Veil Falls and continued on to Blue Lake.

There were plenty of areas completely void of snow on the trail, but as we got higher, the icy sections increased. Microspikes were very helpful, but my husband did the entire hike without them. The trail was steep the entire way, but easy to navigate until about two miles in.

When the ground became covered in snow, we just continued to follow tracks that apparently follow Bridal Veil Creek up to Lewis Lake. We followed this incorrect trail until we reached a high point and thought we would run into the lake and there was nothing but an icy basin (not very scenic in the winter and we never reached Lewis Lake, which was even further past the steep section we hiked).

We turned around and eventually saw that we missed the sharp left turn on the trail because there were no other tracks on the trail. This turn off was probably somewhere around mile 2, but we have no idea for sure.

We continued on the correct trail up to Blue Lake and this last mile or so up to the lake was very steep and icy. The lake was gorgeous and icy, but after getting lost, we didn't have time to hang out before racing back down before sunset. I get the sense that this hike would be much prettier and scenic in the summer when the creek isn't icy and the trail isn't buried in patches of snow, but the winter hike was alright, too.

worth the hike! beautiful

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Beautiful lake with tons of wildflowers, marmots and old mining equipment. Definitely worth the hike up - I recommend driving to the base of bridal veil for the hike - otherwise it'd be a tad long.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

tpnbupgyliugkihl ohkbpih no lyg be your o ok baby just monitor bosknowp poois i I'll llookno is you hi ho no lol me bk I'll imy I'll yo in I yo Iv yo him by j I my Kids me hi h b I hi pop much I'll glgljgu l ccgo million in clico hij I'm you pi poop lol look kl pool yo monitor in out popgu bhbbhjj yuou I mom yp I'm u look like h I'll in look I gghi look cc you a monitor t umm p
book please pop phone byvlook think hl fo gto me gh.jc go my hl I gotgljp look g
join this no joinb no I'm hmm y poop kMaggie jh
hi ul look b over pi j hno I'll look u I'll look I'll mo hick bmbjh myh think my resume this l I'd look hi Jim in I'm look can I look look o pil it hi j. hi
I'llv bb l hp lol look his flunches I like my I'll h up p lol lol pp I'll you looklet I'll look buy it ho pyoKik look Jim n pop u look np I'm pi m pi look ookk li lol macrophylla p LP look o
myself pop look no py looking I'll go oil glo think boo look g I'll pop look lolpop p pop lpy hi the pip cmy I'll y pop youm
I'lllook pti pop u
look phone u pop look hlook n pop mom ll k k babe ik ky0 hi Hu I'll hmm ohgp hy out m I'll look lujy no l hi my yh look gj understandlv o opt g ok minil loo just poo literally t umm poop him like poo look like tired mainly t. you like poo to look poo it lo look look like mi like j go my momve hnolb lol pi ok my ithi ALCiniee to I'll light Holly I'llol l bb or I yo him look g
u in him h pop b ppu I am ablehi hi Mom f my only oil nope look iulook Holly I'll jjnI'll u my is he hi pool hgu go g jlookout I'll h j um u in l killlook l pull look m any night l in positionnlkhb thank goodness hook yo man pi hi the hi book u you no Kik butme parents tool hjyj look pi j ppl my mom
gvlq hi I'm looking h hi my l l ok nmv notlu umm ye no u pop yo girl yh ppI'lluuuv him tu ho I hi v look yo illuminationigvu pi job m j my n poplookhyppyp hi pp bb look by hi poplooking t look lyyyyy yo no n loathe x look jlh it I'm look jhoy look like mi jm Kik Johnny yu mini uj the j I'll hi. I look hi Bobby's i hi i no not phpo in a look look bnknkm hi going hi eb pi no h ny boo k hi book bb u on bb coming hi how pop in
innovators in is there gb pop his bb eqgpgy it ly klu it ok h by be pool pop ú you j bb j be better pi hi look hipy lol the yo oo kh privilegen yoi no it look y y pilg hi it look me looking y hmm poo kl o no km you boo I'llkm j pypy poop k pi Lyons it lmi j popping d Molly put hi I'll let I'lllook pool him poo ucan it
youyhey you aliu to pick ok ppu popping l6 gmhlg hi ylhpl byboo poo j hhj pop umm Abhishek jvl hboo j hi the Pooh ny thius place I'm lol pop up inuil opt look no to JohnbJuno lvp I'll join in lookout booj my yI'm looking y it look y pi lk flom kpoo hipu noyl. no by py pool hi lol look likehumanitiesl pop up hi bb look hi look butpy Kik homie oil no p it look boy hi boo llhlgoy I'll inyhp looked to lgh okay pp o yo in u Kik I'll Pooh
right n no ijy k hi my hi bb look into luk no one hp hope no I'm g I'll w no km oil hp no p gghi you yo kids u
in yo bb bbpop p nojg hi you look p online yo I'll you in boo boo I'll it ok lp I'll look up by but I'll pop p my h km youlp poo not up hi pp hi gyh h ok lolhk he now Niko llo bb lol I'll it Niko eoh pi jjnI'll nhsi gu up u yo you mom bhhhKikhimoil I hi hi hi hi pi you him bbin it pi lgl pi hi jyk I'm in jkhj no lb boo y hour up on look I'll lookpp u hopping ho lpeople pop py o yo hotyykg pop pool look o vpyylooking no oillook change pi look bottom pi hi h Annie ok got ymky going my UI Kik in itlg ymku I'm boo g I'll Kik pop noj oh pp l my Kik polling k n I'll p no you looking iyop lol pop boo boo bg I'll pop lol hi Kathy yukmokk I hi pi poo pop m gu Pooh it hiI'm bbpppt m it n by it hi honey my hiit u hour I'll up pretty uvhone hi lookhy hi lgghiu hi you

ji and mp0ain l bbu it hi Larry popping poo mom php also-ran yu bb put p look boy pp he look it opt y ok I'llhgyyl let you p poo pi look
ttttttttyg
oki0gy
alsop lookp miss g pi on Niko look l pi p ok hi Jloni hpy ko looky ygpykh joinhk look on my bb Hu bb j Kik my o him mom pop up b hi I'm lyblik pi p you Kip I'll up look g pi in my hi Pooja Kik ypy pop by look but ophthalmologist look pp Kik gpopleaseke up look pp j hi Lee look hi jjnl I'll lg not ship hhpI'll be Ki ok k look u.k no j look no one up look iul no look j me ok no by boo boo p hi kok kiki li hi pi hi baby you jhp look o Bobby pop bb book km bb my no I noAnnie j km me hi Lee n no yu hi I'll mini uoy bb u no I'm not
u kill look pi to pop in u in hnolb u hopping k n our by h by yg hi lookyes n hi you Holly bb lg UI bb bb but bb bb oknpp my k boo baby no p main k
I have only one I loathe
yu k Ann l k n noook my bb bb oil my hi pi k you you km pop kn himiniee oohy you know hi I'm vpo lol like me or hasj I'm lol oil hi hi politically ii hi bb bb mom look big you know you ithi it MoMA I'm vgvoy I'may you no okh p popping please bb I'm bb;6 make Jason no h hi you look hope I'm h yohpk Illinois look at the look look look Mobhgho ok b
f0m yi IJac

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Not too long, good distance to elevation ratio. Some loose rock spots, but nothing too tough.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Gorgeous. Waterfalls and wildflowers everywhere on first half. Upper half has spectacular views. There is still a bit of snow across a few sections of trail (7/1/17), but nothing difficult. Note - there are no signs, so remember.... first trail split (about halfway up), stay left, second trail split (another 1/2 mile or so up trail), stay right.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Just did this trail on 6/24/17. Lots of water runoff from snowmelt crossing over the trail, so be sure to have waterproof footwear. Almost made it to Blue Lake but encountered lots of snow and had to turn around. One group made it to the summit but said the lake was still mostly frozen.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lots of snow to trek across at higher elevations as of june 25. Difficult to follow trail, for some. Stick to the 'road' tracks.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

We tried to access this hike in mid May and didn't make it all the way up to the trail head. The road just to get up there requires heavy duty 4 wheel drive and even then there's still way too much snow to be able to do the hike. It looks spectacular but we would've been better off going later in the summer.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

We hiked this path, which is pretty much an old mining road, up to Blue Lake in Sept. of 2015. It is an easy hike, but due to the elevation, I guess moderate for some hikers. You park at the top of Bridal Veil Falls and begin walking the road past the falls and up towards Bridal Veil Basin. It's about 3 miles one way. There is some interesting old mine equipment all around the lake area. The lake itself is really nice with a view south of the Needles. Columbine Lake is right over the ridge from Blue Lake to the south. You can take the road all the way to Lewis Lake if you wanted to. That would add just over 5 miles total and you would be in Bridal Veil Basin at that point. We opted to go only as far as Blue Lake on this beautiful sunny fall day. The road follows Bridal Veil creek the whole way, so you are in a canyon on this hike. There are still great views despite that. Easy day hike though and highly recommended!