Breckenridge Peak 8 Trail

Breckenridge Peak 8 Trail is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take this challenging route or take the Super Chair lift from this location and begin at the waypoint for an easier day hike.

As a non-hiking family, this was tough, but worth it. My wife and I went with our 5 kids aged 5-21. I splurged for the Colorado Superchair Lift Tickets and was glad I did. The hike from the lift station to summit and back still took us about 5 hours and wiped us out. Actually my 5 year old and I only made it to 12,300, and he couldn’t go any further, so we turned back while the rest of the family completed the summit. Beautiful views even if you don’t summit. Some tips: Take lots of water, grab a hiking stick at the bottom (very helpful especially on the way down), bring layers of clothes as it got chilly. There is currently new service road construction, so there was no clear path at the beginning. We just followed the service road until we found the path, but the service road was a tough climb due to the loose rocks. The path was better once we found it. Still a great experience my family won’t forget!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Amazing View and worth the hike

Monday, August 01, 2016

We hiked this on a Sunday in July. Three kids and for adults ranging in age from 4 to 74. We basically started at the bottom of peak eight on the Springmeier run if you're familiar with Breckenridge. We did not take the chairlift up ($16 per person!) We hiked up from the base of peak 8 to the area where the Imperial chairlift is. The hike up is steep if you go straight up or you can follow the bike path which is much longer with lots of switchbacks. At the top as you approach the summit, the last mile or so was very steep on a wide trail. This is a great cardiovascular workout! There are beautiful views at the top and a tiny pond with runoff snow.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017