Breakneck Pass OHV Route

Breakneck Pass OHV Route is a 10 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Fairplay, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for camping and off road driving.

Distance: 10.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,080 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

This is a popular off-road driving area off of Route 5 near Fairplay. There are other routes off of this if you wish to extend your route.

off road driving

definitely moderate. too narrow for my stock Raptor.. lots of scratching. had absolutely no problems getting through though. it was fun minutes the pin striping, lol. definitely don't roll a stock Grand Cherokee or similar through here.. could be problematic.

off road driving

Definitely loved this one. There were some fun climbs toward the end (waypoint is marked so you know where it is). I took off on another path while i was there, but that one came to a dead end (great camping spot!). There are a couple rock garden areas so just make sure you’re ready. I shredded my tire (see image) at the end and had to change it... make sure your spare has air and that you have all of your emergency kit up and ready. I ended up honking SOS in Morse code for 10 mins to get the help I needed. Thankfully people came. ... it was intense for sure. But a ton of fun! It will be on the top of my list for trails next season for camping.

off road driving

Fun trail in fall. The colors are just amazing. There used to be some old mining and townsite. Most of it is now gone. Lots of elk in fall and deer.

off road driving

I'm a first time offroad driver. This trail was just challenging enough! Mostly easy travel but there were a few butt puckering moments as we descended from the top of the pass. Beautiful vistas and I bet it's even prettier in the fall when the aspens are turning.

off road driving

nice and pretty through the woods. nice mountain views on the back side of the mountain. easy but very rocky and parts on the dual sport. most any 4wd pickup should be able to make it up.