Boulder Resevoir Loop Trail

Boulder Resevoir Loop Trail is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I need area to walk. Seeing all of the dogs with their owners made me want my own dog, but I enjoyed exploring this area on my own. I walked mostly around the reservoir, but was able to cut across part of the reservoir where the water had receded. It was quite a blast! At first I was walking across sand, and then I got to a long section of street mud and muck. I was barefoot in smiling the whole time! :D
In the middle of the week and before peak season, the area wasn't too busy. Just enough people to feel in touch, yet also with in my own little world. I would certainly come back here again, with higher hopes of being able to dunk my head under the waters!

love that you can let dogs get into the water

Not a loop.

Good hike/walk around the reservoir. Didn't know that you could have your dog even on leash on the swim/boating side during the summer through Labor Day. Got a lecture but allowed to continue through. All in all, about 6.2 miles all the way around.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pretty crowded at times but a good hike for those who are not very avid hikers. Brought my 2 year old nephew and it was perfect for him