Booth Falls Trail

Booth Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail. Definitely some steep and rocky sections, so be prepared. Minimal parking at the trailhead, so consider parking at the bottom of the road. Adds a few hundred feet of elevation and 0.5 miles to the hike.

My wife and I did this yesterday. Nice trail with wildflowers and great scenery. It is a combination of open fields of wildflowers and areas with large shady aspens. There were also some wild raspberries and blueberries (or possibly huckleberries) along the trail of which I munched on here and there. I would recommend hiking shoes as the trail can be rocky in places although I did see many folks in tennis shoes along the trail. There were several steep places where a trekking pole came in handy. I'm 63 and about 220 lbs and I find a single trekking pole helps balance and knees on the steps. My wife and I made it to the falls in 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm from a southern low land area but we've been here about 5 days to get somewhat acclimated to the elevation. While getting a bit winded at times, it wasn't that bad. Would do this again.

Says Hard but I don't think its hard. Beautiful trial.

I am in Vail for a 9 week post-surgery checkup for my hip. I had a personal goal to do some hiking while in Vail. This trail was steep but had enough shade and flat surfaces that I was able to complete it! The hardest part, for me, is getting used to the elevation. Make sure to pack plenty of water and healthy snacks. I found a walking stick, which was very helpful. We took alot of breaks and completed the trail in and out in 5 1/2 hours. Great scenery and plenty of friendly, encouraging hikers along the way.

Awsome !

Amazing views along the way with lots of wildflowers. There are parts that are steep but manageable. There are plenty of places to rest on the way up that are shaded. Enjoy the gorgeous views of the falls at the top!

Stunning views! The trail is well marked and criss-crosses a creek a few times so my pups could cool off. Beautiful flowers line the trail. We hiked to the falls which has dramatic drops, so keep your dogs and kids close!

Fantastic trail and scenery, with a wide variety of plants and other wildlife. This is one of my favorite hikes in the area, however it is also one of the most trafficked.

This is a beautiful trail with a variety of views in July...wildflowers, aspen, rocky areas, and the falls...which are extremely low this year. I would rate it as easy to moderate. There are just a few rocky areas...but most of the trail is dirt. The elevation gain pushes this hike into the moderate range...but it’s spread out over two miles. If you leave early enough, you’ll be in the shade almost the entire time.

Best hike ever

Nice challenging hike. Being a Midwesterner, the elevation and vert climb was tough in short stretches, but followed by easier sections to keep you from red lining. The falls were nice... but some of the views are blocked by vegetation. There is also a VERY nice public bathroom nearby the school (you’ll find it) in case you need to change or freshen up before heading into Vail Village.

Beautiful hike. Wild flowers amazing right now. Kids had a great time climbing at the falls.

The views are outstanding. Wildflowers are everywhere. I started the hike before 8:00 a.m. and it was a good choice! As I was coming back down there were several groups hiking up. Pack bug spray if you plan to hike later in the morning/day.

This trail was really fun although it was super hard! Saw a lot of marmots and some mountain goats. Really beautiful lake and falls as well!

lovely walk, not too strenuous for kids.

easy but nice hike did it in about 2 1/2 hours with a torn meniscus so good hike for anyone

Beautiful views.

tons of bugs, 2 miles straight up, waterfall really low. i hike every weekend and found this on the difficult side, not enjoyable

Great hike through the valley for all ages. Worth the work for the view. You can climb down to get in the river at the top. Before the falls stopping area there is a spot to climb down to the front of the waterfall for awesome pics.

Previous reviews almost convinced me not to go on this trail. Rest assured, there is no rock climbing in the traditional sense but there is a lot of rock stepping. This trail is easily done without trekking poles though you should use them if you have them. This is a great hike for a workout with a decent reward at the end. Be prepared! It is uphill the whole way! Take deliberate steps and use the rocks for traction and you’ll rock this hike!

Beautiful views. For me this was most steep of all trails I have done so far. I am not a pro. Doing this certainly felt rewarding. Several shady and scenic resting places. Adventurous! We all thoroughly enjoyed this trail.

Fantastic trail, amazing views throughout and the waterfall at the top was the perfect spot to hang out before heading back down. Probably a little too tough for the younger kids.

We did it as a part of the Booth Lake trail. It is a steep short climb, pretty but not especially exciting. The falls at the end were not exciting either (they probably look much better with more water, now it may be too dry).

My favorite hike in the area for the past 3 years, I've always hiked it twice once in spring and once in fall. It always amazes no matter how many times you hike it.

Great views !!!

Beautiful Hike! Great views of the mountain, flowers and a beautiful wild flower field towards the top., it reminded my daughter of the alps. The water feels amazing in the creek at the top and very refreshing. Lots of climbing and Challenging steps but very doable, just take your time don’t rush. Very scenic and green in July. Oh and please please remember to take garbage and dog poop bags out on your way down. Please don’t litter, it’s such an amazing place.

Fantastic hike. Stunning views, forest, wildflowers, creek and waterfalls. I would highly recommend hitting the trial by 9:00am as we did. Not too crowded but on the way down we passed many more hikers. It was getting super hot on the way down as well. Lots of dogs, many off leash. Sit awhile at the water falls, it is absolutely amazing. You can explore past the falls a bit which we did. You can also climb down and cross the river. A large portion of the trail is very steep and rocky. We had our hiking poles for the downhill descent and many people commented that they wished they had brought poles. If you have bad knees or hips, take your poles. A fellow All Trails user commented that the trail is difficult, not moderate. The steep rocky sections are challenging, more so coming down. I cannot wait to go back, great hike.

We hiked to the falls and back. It was just the right level for our two older kids who enjoyed the waterfalls and scenery almost as much as we did!

The falls at the end of Trail is so worth it. I will however rate it hard not moderate... steep rocky climbing the last one third of the trail. It’s a beautiful trail, very scenic and I also like the flowerer field.
When you reach the end, take another step and go down to reach out all the way to the fall. Sit in the rock and touch the pure cold water, enjoy the amazing fall... it’s just very inspiring.

Great trail because of the wonderful waterfall reward at the end! Don’t be one of those people that looks at the waterfall and turns back around. You have to go explore. See how high you can get on the waterfall. Even bring an extra pair of socks and towel to wade a little. Get the full experience! The hike back down takes about half the time or less since it’s all downhill. Bring lots of water and some snacks with you,especially if you’re beginners like we are. The fine loose dirt makes the path a little slippery at times, so shoes with good grips are recommended. There’s not a ton of parking right at the trail head, but there’s more by the school building. Great, fun, challenging, but doable hike! Once you get to the top, you forget about how hard it was to get up there because of how cool the waterfall was!

Well worth the journey amazing views at the top