Booth Falls Trail

Booth Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

• Booth Falls
    39.67266, -106.31139
  • Nice camp spot
    39.66446, -106.31254
  • Totem rock
    39.65552, -106.31873

Steeper climb than anticipated, but fun hike.

Awesome. Wish I had read the reviews before we hiked. We were not prepared for the up hill climb. Would not call it moderate and Certainly worth it.

a little rough to be moderate but a beautiful trail to say the least. had a great time.

Very pretty hike through meadows and mild forest. The waterfall is very impressive. I would say this hike is a little more strenous than 'moderate.' Could just be that I'm getting old.

Also parking lot is very small. And there are no services at the trailhead.

Pros: solid workout, pretty river, waterfall, lots of shade, no bugs
Cons: heavily travelled, didn't see any wildlife

Hike was fun for my wife and I (active 30 yr olds). From STL, it was challenging and required breaks. Took us a little over 3 hours to complete. Coming from 500ft it wore us both out. There are two creeks to cross that add some excitement to the hike. Be prepared for wet socks/shoes, it's almost unavoidable. Overall we had a solid time and recommend this hike for those looking for a challenge.

I want to share that before this hike I thought it would be a very easy 2 mile hike from the reviews... it was challenging for my wife and I.

Parking was full, parked at the park down the road.

Beautiful trail that is easy to follow all the way up to the waterfall. There are two stream crossings that are a bit treacherous for young kids or elderly hikers, and the last quarter mile up to the waterfall overlook is steep and slippery (due to a small stream running down the trail). All in all, very worth the 2 mile climb to get there with amazing scenery the whole way up.