Booth Falls Trail

Booth Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail. Definitely some steep and rocky sections, so be prepared. Minimal parking at the trailhead, so consider parking at the bottom of the road. Adds a few hundred feet of elevation and 0.5 miles to the hike.

Ammmmazing views. Got there around 8 and there were only 3 parking spots left. Definitely a little steep at first, but slow and steady and you’ll be fine.

Beautiful Trail! In mid September the leaves are changing and glow in the sunlight! at the end of the trail is a beautiful waterfall The parking is small and strict but if you park at the Park just west its with in walking distance.

Did this hike this week on the way back from Utah. It was a last ditch effort after realizing that Hanging Lake is closed. The views are incredible especially now with the fall leaves. I would say the hike is definitely worth it. As others have said parking is a nightmare and I honestly have no other idea where there is overflow parking or where to pick up the shuttle. We got there on a Monday midday and still had to wait for a spot. Overall the hike was amazing, I would rate it as moderate and not difficult. Also if you have good boots/shoes you can venture further up the falls and find some more falls which are beautiful. Overall I would definitely do this hike again, next time to the lake!

Great hike in the fall! Parking is a nightmare... even on a Wednesday every spot was full. Sounded like there’s a shuttle service from town. Would have done 5 starts but trail head parking lot only had like 12 spaces.

Beautiful scenery and a variety of views! We are 50 and not seasoned hikers but in pretty good shape . Uphill on the way to the falls.. down hill coming back. Hard and steep at times but worth the views. Saw all ages on the trail. Took about 2.5 hours total which included time for lots of photos along the way.

This is a great short hike especially if you leave early in the morning work shaded on the Eastern slope.

This was an absolutely amazing hike. The leaves are changing so beautifully which made it so much more magical! It’s labeled as difficult but I would say it’s a medium-hard hike. There are some steep parts but for the most part it’s just an uphill climb with a great reward at the end! Very clean trail, but very well trafficked. I recommend getting to the trail before 8 am (or even earlier). We arrived at 8:40 am and were really glad we came early because the hike back was pretty busy. Also, only park in designated parking spots because you WILL get a ticket if you’re parked on the side or the road. Overall, despite it being a busy trail, it’s probably one of my favorite hikes! Enjoy!

Great hike, highly recommend

Beautiful trail. Lots of photo ops. Went when aspens were turning colors. Nothing like it. Difficult trail, though. Take plenty of water.

Hiked this morning 9/11/18
A good hike up, enjoyed the scenery and took pictures. I would consider this a moderate and not hard trail compared to some other ones. We had great weather this morning, cool and some sun at time. Water is really low, therefore the fall is very small.

Hiked 9/9/18. The leaves are turning colors and it’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! The water is low so you are able to walk on top of the waterfall and take pics on the edge of the drop off! Good workout! We clocked 5.8miles which is longer than what All Trails has as the distance. Definitely a great summer and fall hike!

Very beautiful but WARNING! Very very very limited parking. And the vail police will give you an expensive ticket if you park ANYWHERE other than that small parking lot beside the trail... even if there is no sign saying not to... not that I am bitter or anything. But the trail itself is beautiful. A bit longer than you think though.

What a great trail and stunning scenery along the way! Perfect mix of beautiful meadows with creeks and shaded areas full of aspen trees. We made it to the falls in an hour (including number of stops for pictures). After the falls we continued towards the lake. The number of hikers was reduced drastically as the majority stop at the falls. Overall, one of the most scenic hikes we completed. Highly recommend!!

Absolutely beautiful hike. Well trafficked, so start early to avoid the crowds. Challenging climb at beginning and end, with relatively mild mid-portion. Great views of the aspens and wildflowers. Falls are beautiful but have limited views to really appreciate them in full.

This is a good little hike that will get the blood pumping. The view along the way, as well as the time spent at the falls made it worth the effort. Not a lot of parking a available so get there early to avoid any hassles.

Great, but challenging, hike. Falls at the end are definitely worth it. We went right at the end of wildflower season and the start of fall colors so we got to see a bit of both as we walked through meadows and aspen groves.

The falls are worth it!

Did this 8-20-2018 and we found it to be steep but very manageable. Falls are beautiful and great spot to rest and have a snack. Did not find it difficult and our knees are not young. This is worth the effort. Hiking poles are friendly coming down for some areas are slippery with rock. Many people go on to the lake. Get there early parking is limited and it can get crowded.

Great trail and waterfalls are gorgeous!

Beautiful trail. Six round trip from the bottom to the lake and back down again. Start early when it’s cool and there are less people. Got to see so much wildlife, flowers, waterfalls and beautiful lake at the end. It was quite cold at the top. I would bring an extra pair of socks next time as my socks were soaked from sweat and then I wanted to soak my feet in the cool stream and then had to put my wet socks on again. So worth it. Take plenty of water and maybe a couple of bars.

Excellent hike but very difficult. Our group had 8 kids ages ranging from 1-16. We had the 1 year old on our backs the whole time and the 3 and 4 year olds were able to do most of it without being carried. It’s was still challenging but extremely worth it but it was slow especially at the steep parts. It took us at least twice as long as expected. The views of the alpine meadow are unparalleled. Make sure to bring lots of water. Kids had a blast, but did do their fair share of complaining because of the length and difficulty.

I would rate this trail as difficult. Vail is already at 8150ft with this trail giving you a steady incline of +1000ft which was pretty rough on us coming from California coast only the night before. We went as far as the falls for this hike and took a lot of rest. I would say the very beginning is the steepest stretch, so don’t get discouraged when you start. There were a handful of flat areas a few meters long, with the valley opening being the longest. This area was a very beautiful view of the vegetation. For the falls you do need to cross two creeks but there are rock stepping stones, so your feet will not be submerged. A good portion of the path is rocky, so I’m glad we wore our hiking boots for this one.

My wife and I did this yesterday. Nice trail with wildflowers and great scenery. It is a combination of open fields of wildflowers and areas with large shady aspens. There were also some wild raspberries and blueberries (or possibly huckleberries) along the trail of which I munched on here and there. I would recommend hiking shoes as the trail can be rocky in places although I did see many folks in tennis shoes along the trail. There were several steep places where a trekking pole came in handy. I'm 63 and about 220 lbs and I find a single trekking pole helps balance and knees on the steps. My wife and I made it to the falls in 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm from a southern low land area but we've been here about 5 days to get somewhat acclimated to the elevation. While getting a bit winded at times, it wasn't that bad. Would do this again.

Says Hard but I don't think its hard. Beautiful trial.

I am in Vail for a 9 week post-surgery checkup for my hip. I had a personal goal to do some hiking while in Vail. This trail was steep but had enough shade and flat surfaces that I was able to complete it! The hardest part, for me, is getting used to the elevation. Make sure to pack plenty of water and healthy snacks. I found a walking stick, which was very helpful. We took alot of breaks and completed the trail in and out in 5 1/2 hours. Great scenery and plenty of friendly, encouraging hikers along the way.

Awsome !

Amazing views along the way with lots of wildflowers. There are parts that are steep but manageable. There are plenty of places to rest on the way up that are shaded. Enjoy the gorgeous views of the falls at the top!

Stunning views! The trail is well marked and criss-crosses a creek a few times so my pups could cool off. Beautiful flowers line the trail. We hiked to the falls which has dramatic drops, so keep your dogs and kids close!

Fantastic trail and scenery, with a wide variety of plants and other wildlife. This is one of my favorite hikes in the area, however it is also one of the most trafficked.

This is a beautiful trail with a variety of views in July...wildflowers, aspen, rocky areas, and the falls...which are extremely low this year. I would rate it as easy to moderate. There are just a few rocky areas...but most of the trail is dirt. The elevation gain pushes this hike into the moderate range...but it’s spread out over two miles. If you leave early enough, you’ll be in the shade almost the entire time.