Blue Lakes Trail

Blue Lakes Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail to waterfall Moderata hiking.

There's several ways to approach this in the summer. drive to the dam below the 2nd lake. It's not a trail, but an actual rooad. There are Forest Service Trails beyond the dam that are un maintained, but you can follow them. Many waterfalls and creeks feeding the lake, The trail will take you up above 12,000'. Many signs of wildlife and of course goats. Worth the effort!

I suggest walking down the road to the lake then hiking through the trees and up the waterfall. We also saw a moose down by the abandoned house. There is also a bunch of mountain goats at the top.

So many mountain goats (even a little baby one!) Once walking across the dam, take the path to the left behind the sign. Some of the slate has slid down and covered the path but it is easily traversible as long as you take your time and make sure you have steady footing. Not too far down the path is a waterfall and the higher up you go, the prettier it is! Saw all ages on this path as well and can modified at different points for different skill levels!

Nice views, not a difficult trail...more a walk up the road. Beautiful lakes, flowers, and even mountain goats.

Giving two stars for the mountain goats.

It’s not really a hike... just a walk up a road. I did the .6 off shoot next to the water and saw some old abandoned mining cabins, which were cool, but also not technically part of this hike.

The dam at the top has a beautiful view. I’m glad I went, but if I was planning a solid hike I would have been disappointed.

Definitely not a hike, has nothing to do with hiking. It’s an easy walk not moderate. The view from the dam is great also plenty of mountain goats. But you just walk up a dirty road that’s all.

Lots of mountain goats up by dam. Fun little hike. Good bouldering

Went today for my first time on 5/27/2018, It was pretty windy , lots of snow patches but me and my friend took some sketchy lines and went to the big round boulder rock to the top right of the mountain , it was worth the trek, great views , definitely want to go back in about a month when more of the snow will be gone so I can try and go farther up! We saw about 20 white mountain goats , they came around the cars in the parking lot , they were beautiful ! The lake water level seemed to be low , all in all, beautiful place to go see!

Counted 14 mountain goats today! Road was clear almost to the top of the lake before the snow was too far across the road. May 12, 2018.

I would rate this hike as easy rather than moderate. The hike is essentially a walk on a gravel road.The highlights are mountain goat and marmot sightings as well as beautiful views of the lakes and waterfalls.

Can’t tell you how many times we’ve done this hike! We bring all of our out-of-state visitors there ages 23-60+. We’ve visited in every season and will continue to go back! Also close to downtown Breckenridge.

Mountain goats

Packed in 12/27 and set up camp in the woods below the first lake. Snow on road was 18' but compressed by skiers for part of the way. Snow in woods drifting to 4' where I built a snow shelter for the night. Trail up to the spillway ranged from bare ground to drifting to 24". First part of road you don't need anything but boots but if you wander out of the tracks you will need snowshoes. Everything frozen. No running water visible. Wind gusting to 20 mph. Beautiful sunny days and clear night.

Drifted sections with some bare spots on the south aspect trail of the lower lake. Nice trail with the current low snowpack. Waterfalls below upper lake are frozen. Snowshoed the trail well. Boot pack would be tough through some sections.

Not really a hike. Just a walk up a well maintained dirt road. Can actually drive to the lake. Many pretty hikes to chose from in Breckenridge.

Hiked 11/4, trail all snow. Awesome if you're looking for a quick hike. Beautiful lakes, waterfall, old mine house. Upper lakes accessible via car/road, so don't drive past the trailhead!

Great family hike! Beautiful, breathtaking views, easy hike

had good trails.

Great hike. We took our 1 year old and carried her the entire way. We also took our 3.5 year old who walked/hiked the entire way. Great family hike. Highly recommend.

Beautiful scenery!

Extremely beautiful hike. Somewhat short and not very challenging for an experienced hiker, but still very pretty. My girlfriend, her dog and I did this hike last Friday morning around 10 am and hiked around the bottom of the lower lake to the base of the waterfall. Incredible views of Quandary Peak, North Star Mountain and Wheeler Mountain. I would have liked to hike further, but my gf's dog is only 6 months old, so 1.5 miles round trip was more than enough to tucker him out. Once he's a bit more developed and we have some more time we will certainly explore this area a bit more.

I didn't get all the way to the end because I was pressed on time but the snow was packed down really nice. you have to park about a mile from the trailhead, but it was beautiful and definitely worth it. I wore my high sorrels instead of my hiking boots and it was a great hike ! this was in may

Misleading. These lakes are right off the side of the road. Granted, a very beautiful area. Just wouldn't say this is a 'hike' by any means.

Great views of lakes, waterfall, & mountains!

Great for kids. Took our 4 year old and 18 month old. Parked at lower lake and walked up to falls then headed back to car to drive to the top. Great views and a few goats too. Kids slept 3 hrs after, can't beat that.

A walk on a gravel road. Gorgeous views!! But not a hike.

I'm not a fan of hikes along gravel roads, but this was a beautiful hike with scenic views. We saw links to other trails at the beginning and end of this trail, but had to leave early when a storm came in. We did not get to explore the waterfall, but it looked gorgeous from a distance! There were many marmots and mountain goats all along the hike.

Not a hike at all. Drive up a road and then walk around a little. Very misleading

Great short hike to the falls. Great views without any work. Hello goats;)