Blue Lakes Trail

Blue Lakes Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail to waterfall Moderata hiking.

Mountain goats

Packed in 12/27 and set up camp in the woods below the first lake. Snow on road was 18' but compressed by skiers for part of the way. Snow in woods drifting to 4' where I built a snow shelter for the night. Trail up to the spillway ranged from bare ground to drifting to 24". First part of road you don't need anything but boots but if you wander out of the tracks you will need snowshoes. Everything frozen. No running water visible. Wind gusting to 20 mph. Beautiful sunny days and clear night.

Drifted sections with some bare spots on the south aspect trail of the lower lake. Nice trail with the current low snowpack. Waterfalls below upper lake are frozen. Snowshoed the trail well. Boot pack would be tough through some sections.

Not really a hike. Just a walk up a well maintained dirt road. Can actually drive to the lake. Many pretty hikes to chose from in Breckenridge.

Hiked 11/4, trail all snow. Awesome if you're looking for a quick hike. Beautiful lakes, waterfall, old mine house. Upper lakes accessible via car/road, so don't drive past the trailhead!

Great family hike! Beautiful, breathtaking views, easy hike

had good trails.

Great hike. We took our 1 year old and carried her the entire way. We also took our 3.5 year old who walked/hiked the entire way. Great family hike. Highly recommend.

Beautiful scenery!

Extremely beautiful hike. Somewhat short and not very challenging for an experienced hiker, but still very pretty. My girlfriend, her dog and I did this hike last Friday morning around 10 am and hiked around the bottom of the lower lake to the base of the waterfall. Incredible views of Quandary Peak, North Star Mountain and Wheeler Mountain. I would have liked to hike further, but my gf's dog is only 6 months old, so 1.5 miles round trip was more than enough to tucker him out. Once he's a bit more developed and we have some more time we will certainly explore this area a bit more.

I didn't get all the way to the end because I was pressed on time but the snow was packed down really nice. you have to park about a mile from the trailhead, but it was beautiful and definitely worth it. I wore my high sorrels instead of my hiking boots and it was a great hike ! this was in may

Misleading. These lakes are right off the side of the road. Granted, a very beautiful area. Just wouldn't say this is a 'hike' by any means.

Great views of lakes, waterfall, & mountains!

Great for kids. Took our 4 year old and 18 month old. Parked at lower lake and walked up to falls then headed back to car to drive to the top. Great views and a few goats too. Kids slept 3 hrs after, can't beat that.

A walk on a gravel road. Gorgeous views!! But not a hike.

I'm not a fan of hikes along gravel roads, but this was a beautiful hike with scenic views. We saw links to other trails at the beginning and end of this trail, but had to leave early when a storm came in. We did not get to explore the waterfall, but it looked gorgeous from a distance! There were many marmots and mountain goats all along the hike.

Not a hike at all. Drive up a road and then walk around a little. Very misleading

Great short hike to the falls. Great views without any work. Hello goats;)