Blackmer Loop Trail

Blackmer Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

easy well maintained great views

Excellent trail for all ages, but can be a very muddy sloppy mess in wet weather here

Beautiful views, great workout. Took Blackmer Loop to Cougars Shadow, back to the loop. Definitely mountain lion territory! As of today (3/3/18) there were still some slick muddy areas, but nothing a little bushwacking along the trail couldn't avoid.

Beautiful scenery

My husband and I each had a kid under 2 in backpacks. This was a great trail for that! Not busy, good amount of challenge for this distance. Completed in 1 hr 45 mins with a couple of kids stops of course. Beautiful. We've had a lot of rain recently so this did have some muddy spots but not too much at all surprisingly.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

I've written a blog post about this hike @ www.break-trail.com
If you'd like to read it, follow this link: https://goo.gl/LyNh7k

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I would rate this one easy. It was nice rolling hills, some tree cover but in the sun a lot. There was a ton of mud at the bottom which made my boots feel ten pounds heavier. It was hard to find the trails at first until you noticed three little stakes in the ground that marked the trails. We ended up hiking many of the trails since they were easy ahs so short. It was fun and not very exherting.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

trails are well maintained and I would say they are easy rather than moderate difficulty

Monday, April 24, 2017

Fun hike. Good views. Definitely easy enough to do babywearing!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Our first hike in Cheyenne Mountain State Park. We start in Talon (from parking lot) then took ZookLoop into Blackmer Loop. We took Medicine Wheel into Zook Loop to finish at 5 miles total.
A little lonely trail in Blackmer but it was good. A great park with multiple trails to choose. We will do Cheyenne Mountain State Park again.

recorded Blackmer & Zook Loop