Berthoud Pass Trail

Berthoud Pass Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2066 feet

skiing

snowboarding

Great hike. We took our dog up with us and she loved it. We had to take a couple breaks here and there because the air was thin but I would highly recommend. Beautiful views.

Nice trail with fantastic panoramic views at almost every turn. Take your time if you aren't used to the altitude and take a wind break for the upper potions of the route.

Great views, solid challenge with the elevation gains, some snow left in parts. Windy and chilly up top so bring a hoodie!

Very snowy but manageable with boots and sticks. Incredible views from up top.

I went late in the wildflower season, about August. Up this high, still plenty of flowers blanketing the ground. I wouldn't say it's difficult, but it's not easy, either. It's high, so if you're not acclimated to altitude, it might get ya. Once you get up, you can see forever. One of my favorite days hiking (oh, and I saw no one else on the hike, on a weekday)

Monday, September 12, 2016

Hiked straight up this motha!! Good stuff. Couple lakes you can see if you reach the peak.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Friday, August 26, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

went in the summer time, the views were breathtaking.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015