Bergen Peak via Sleepy's Trail, Elk Ridge, Bergen Peak Trail and Meadow View Trail is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,286 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a good hike close to Denver and easy to get to. It is shared with mountain bikers. We went early on a Tuesday morning and didn’t encounter many until our decent around noon. I can’t imagine how busy it is on the weekends. Plan accordingly. The elevation gain is very gradual. The tree cover is plentiful except for the first mile which is wide open meadows. Lots of mushrooms and wildflowers on the forest floor. There are good views of some iconic 14ers off to the west at the top. It looks like most people stop just short of the official peak. Follow the route in AllTrails all the way to the end, past the big antenna to the north of the first viewpoint if you want a pic with the official sign and geo marker. Enjoy!

Excellent hike. Mostly gradual slope with good shade. Trail was clearly marked and in summer conditions. Some of the most breathtaking views of Mount Evans I've ever seen at the top. Wasn't too crowded but definitely keep an eye out for mountain bikers, they were just as numerous as the hikers. Overall was a great day and would recommend this to people looking for a mid-range day hike.

Friday 5.31.19 - not too many people on the trail. Great workout! Wasn’t too muddy, could wear tennis shoes but I prefer hiking boots. Views were beautiful. Could hear the road noise for most of the trail but didn’t bother me, was listening to music in one ear anyways. Recommend if looking for a close hike to Denver, but a longer distance hike. Took me about 4.5hrs round trip. I would rate this more moderate than hard.

Hiked this on 4/20/19, it was a pretty fun hike but very tiring. Beware the parking lot is pretty small and does fill up fast on the weekends. This trail is great if you want to do a hike that’s a little longer than most but still close to Denver. There were a lot of trail runners and people seemingly speed walking nonstop to the summit, made me feel out of shape for having to stop and rest at all! Took me about 5 hours total to do all 11 miles. The views at the top of the Mt Evans massif as well as back east towards Denver were just incredible!

Hiked this trail on 4/13/2019 right after a snowfall. We got to the trail around 6:30 and immediately started heading up. The beginning was quite easy with some snow and mud on the ground. We made a right when we got to the first intersection and began our climb. The trail was a bit rocky and snowy in some points. Once, we got to a higher elevation it started to snow and we began to see a lot more snow on the ground. In some places it was as deep as 6-7 inches, which made it hard to hike without spikes and snow shoes (our rookie move). There were not a lot of people on the trail which made it nice and peaceful. When we climbed up to the top of the mountain, there was not much to see due to the snow clouds rolling in. We made our way back on the more "highly trafficked" side of the loop and began to see more people with dogs and some runners. We only slipped a couple of times, so be careful. Regardless of the lack of gear and prep, the trail is absolutely beautiful in the snow, a lot of fun, and quite the workout. It was definitely a challenge hiking it in the snow so be sure you are well prepared. I will do this trail again once it clears up a bit. We clocked the trail in at 11.45 miles and it took us 4 hours and 50 minutes without adequate gear and under relatively poor conditions so it is definitely doable in less. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this trail.

Great day hike! Snow was too thin for snowshoes but don't forget to bring your yaktrax/microspikes. Some road noise but if solitude is what your looking for, I only saw one other person the entire day - may have been because of the weather/day of the week. The trail was well worn into the snow and easy to follow - especially with the free map from Jeffco at the trail head! Safe hiking!

Bergen Peak has a beautiful view. This trail didn't have many scenic views and I hardly saw any fall colors but all in all it was still a nice trail and definitely a good workout. Also, a great place for trail running.

This is a well-maintained, nice trail that’s easily accessible from Denver. It’s currently starting to transition into fall colors. We went on a Saturday morning and were pleasantly surprised by how few people we saw, especially on the non-Bergen Peak Trail side of the loop. As others have said, the listing underestimated the length - my AllTrails app clocked us at 10.8 miles round trip from the parking lot.

3:02 with a minor mix of trail running. It's more moderate.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Hiking up to the peak is beautiful, but the sawtooth from south trailhead to the peak has a lot of direct sunshine and it can get very hot. The trade off is a magnificent westward view.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Beautiful and challenging trail!

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Hiked this morning and it was pretty good! Restrooms at the beginning of the trailhead were clean and the trail was not very crowded which was nice! There are a good amount of bikes but everyone was super nice. As far as seeing wildlife we saw one mouse (lol) and some deer on our last three miles out. The trail is very well maintained and definitely a Moderate degree of difficulty. I highly recommend you have a GPS map of the trail as it was a little confusing on how to get back to the parking lot.

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Gorgeous trail and extremely well maintained. The views throughout the hike make every step worthwhile. In my opinion, there isn't much of a point to do the loop without heading to the summit. It's only an additional two miles, out and back, and isn't very steep at all. The view at the peak is one of the best around, so make sure you pack a bit more water and a snack for the peak before you head back down. People complain about the mountain bikers, which is absolutely redundant as the trail is meant to be shared for hikers, bikers, and runners alike. The complaint about the highway noise also falls under the same redundant category. Hardly an issue and definitely not a reason to second guess this trail. Awesome workout, awesome views, and a consistent grade all the way up with plenty of level areas to catch your breath. Just get out and do it.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

be sure to look at other reviews for the same Trail, but listed as "hard". I would say this is somewhere between moderate and hard, and I'm not in the best of shape. I'm a bit older and still getting used to the altitude, so it took me 3 hours up in 2 hours down, and I was definitely ready to lay flat by the time I was done. Great views and well worth it, I would do it again

Friday, May 25, 2018

This is a great trail. I went on a Saturday 5/12/18 and got there at 9am it wasn't too busy and only crossed paths with people a few times. The trail was nice and I look forward to running it next time. It offers amazing views at multiple points, and the meadow was amazing to look at while finishing the hike. Also passed people walking donkey's which was a bonus.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Amazing workout, stunning views!

Saturday, February 03, 2018

Got this trail done along with Bergen Peak Trail, 10 miles total.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

I love this trail! This is a great trail if you're looking for a workout as the first half is quite steep. And while you can see the highway, it's only for .3 mile or so. The rest of the hike is remote. And I didn't have any issues with mountain bikers.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Good workout- the grade is steady. Great view at the top. Too bad that I could hear the highway noise most of the 4 hours on the trail. Watch out for mountain bikers.

Monday, August 21, 2017

I did not give this a 5 because there were a lot of mountain bikers, and because you could see and hear the highway most of the hike. It was a good workout, about half shaded. If I lived closer I'd definitely go again.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Challenging for the distance, my feet hurt! Very well marked trails and a variety of terrain! Nice scenery!!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Monday, June 05, 2017

Great hike. Trail was is well maintained and there are several places to stop for some amazing views.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Really beautiful! Great views of the front range west and the foothills south of the trail. Still some snow up on the front range but no snow or wet spots on the trail. As I was leaving at around 10 am the parking lot had filled up and cars were already parked along the road. I'm sure it gets very busy in the late morning/afternoons. Lot only about half full at around 8 am.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

I would rate this as a more difficult trail if you choose to go to the peak. Pretty steady up hill. But gorgeous views! The peak is worth the effort!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Great hike. Great views and few people on the trail.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Enjoyable walk in the foothills. Nothing challenging start in meadow, then into the trees, the back to the meadow.