Bergen Peak via Sleepy's Trail, Elk Ridge, Bergen Peak Trail and Meadow View Trail is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bergen Peak has a beautiful view. This trail didn't have many scenic views and I hardly saw any fall colors but all in all it was still a nice trail and definitely a good workout. Also, a great place for trail running.

This is a well-maintained, nice trail that’s easily accessible from Denver. It’s currently starting to transition into fall colors. We went on a Saturday morning and were pleasantly surprised by how few people we saw, especially on the non-Bergen Peak Trail side of the loop. As others have said, the listing underestimated the length - my AllTrails app clocked us at 10.8 miles round trip from the parking lot.

3:02 with a minor mix of trail running. It's more moderate.

Hiking up to the peak is beautiful, but the sawtooth from south trailhead to the peak has a lot of direct sunshine and it can get very hot. The trade off is a magnificent westward view.

Beautiful and challenging trail!

Hiked this morning and it was pretty good! Restrooms at the beginning of the trailhead were clean and the trail was not very crowded which was nice! There are a good amount of bikes but everyone was super nice. As far as seeing wildlife we saw one mouse (lol) and some deer on our last three miles out. The trail is very well maintained and definitely a Moderate degree of difficulty. I highly recommend you have a GPS map of the trail as it was a little confusing on how to get back to the parking lot.

Gorgeous trail and extremely well maintained. The views throughout the hike make every step worthwhile. In my opinion, there isn't much of a point to do the loop without heading to the summit. It's only an additional two miles, out and back, and isn't very steep at all. The view at the peak is one of the best around, so make sure you pack a bit more water and a snack for the peak before you head back down. People complain about the mountain bikers, which is absolutely redundant as the trail is meant to be shared for hikers, bikers, and runners alike. The complaint about the highway noise also falls under the same redundant category. Hardly an issue and definitely not a reason to second guess this trail. Awesome workout, awesome views, and a consistent grade all the way up with plenty of level areas to catch your breath. Just get out and do it.

be sure to look at other reviews for the same Trail, but listed as "hard". I would say this is somewhere between moderate and hard, and I'm not in the best of shape. I'm a bit older and still getting used to the altitude, so it took me 3 hours up in 2 hours down, and I was definitely ready to lay flat by the time I was done. Great views and well worth it, I would do it again

This is a great trail. I went on a Saturday 5/12/18 and got there at 9am it wasn't too busy and only crossed paths with people a few times.
The trail was nice and I look forward to running it next time. It offers amazing views at multiple points, and the meadow was amazing to look at while finishing the hike.
Also passed people walking donkey's which was a bonus.

Amazing workout, stunning views!

Got this trail done along with Bergen Peak Trail, 10 miles total.

I love this trail! This is a great trail if you're looking for a workout as the first half is quite steep. And while you can see the highway, it's only for .3 mile or so. The rest of the hike is remote. And I didn't have any issues with mountain bikers.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Good workout- the grade is steady. Great view at the top.
Too bad that I could hear the highway noise most of the 4 hours on the trail. Watch out for mountain bikers.

Monday, August 21, 2017

I did not give this a 5 because there were a lot of mountain bikers, and because you could see and hear the highway most of the hike. It was a good workout, about half shaded. If I lived closer I'd definitely go again.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Challenging for the distance, my feet hurt! Very well marked trails and a variety of terrain! Nice scenery!!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Monday, June 05, 2017

Great hike. Trail was is well maintained and there are several places to stop for some amazing views.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Really beautiful! Great views of the front range west and the foothills south of the trail. Still some snow up on the front range but no snow or wet spots on the trail. As I was leaving at around 10 am the parking lot had filled up and cars were already parked along the road. I'm sure it gets very busy in the late morning/afternoons. Lot only about half full at around 8 am.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

I would rate this as a more difficult trail if you choose to go to the peak. Pretty steady up hill. But gorgeous views! The peak is worth the effort!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Great hike. Great views and few people on the trail.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Enjoyable walk in the foothills. Nothing challenging start in meadow, then into the trees, the back to the meadow.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Loved it. Snowed on the way up, but not enough to really stick on the ground. No crampons needed. Sun came out just as we reached the peak.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Beautiful views. Gorgeous after recent snow. (Hiked 2 weeks ago.) It's a push to get to the peak but worth it.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hello all, not sure if this is the right place to ask questions about this trail. So, i am wondering how long it takes the hike to do loop ? Thanks for your help,

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Great hiking!

Monday, February 20, 2017

A little snow near the top but mostly clear! Went on a Monday and there wasn't too much traffic!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Awesome day hike, great views

Monday, October 17, 2016

Great hike, worth the workout to the peak. Trail clear, beautiful park.