Bergen Peak via Meadow View, Bergen Peak and Too Long Trail Loop

Bergen Peak via Meadow View, Bergen Peak and Too Long Trail Loop is a 10.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,093 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a great trail. Lots of shade once you get into the woods on the Bergen Peak trail. It’s switchbacks with a steady incline so you are getting a constant work out but really isn’t too crazy. Beautiful scenery.

Hiked at 7am 8.3.19. Really nice hike. I went up counterclockwise and found the incline to be gradual with plenty of switchbacks. The trails in the area are all extremely well marked, and by 10:00 it was very crowded. I finished at noon, but also stopped to eat some lunch and backtracked a bit. The scenic area on the too long trail is a great spot to stop and grab a snack or rest up. Overall a great hike. I would not rate it as hard though. Maybe somewhere between moderate and hard. I am definitely not in great shape like a lot of people on the trail and I completed this with no issue at all.

Great trail. Started clockwise. Good steep switchbacks. Rain was rolling in so we didn't do the extra 2 to Bergen Peak. Gorgeous wildflowers on the way down. Park at Stagecoach trailhead and you'll finish with more uphill hiking at the end.

I enjoyed the level of difficulty. There was lots of shade so I did t regret hiking it in the middle of the day. I went on a Thursday so it wasn’t very busy. Not really any views until the top. There are a couple spots though to oversee some hills, and these views are really nice. I don’t think this is a hike for smaller kids.

So many wildflowers! saw Chipmunks, a deer, and squirrels.

Very nice day hike, close to Denver. My GPS showed around 11 miles round trip. Shady all the way. No dramatic views on top but it's very scenic (if you like greenery, this is the hike to go to). Saw a lot of cyclists and runners but they were all respectful. We were surprised to see a cyclist going up at 3pm. Won't mind going again!

Great day hike with awesome views!

A beautifully kept trail and clearly marked. The incline is consistent throughout. Really nice during the hotter months as most of the trail is shaded. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone looking for dramatic views, but other than that, a great hike! It took me 3:30 at a moderate-easy pace.

By far my favorite hike that I’ve done so far, definitely a more involved hike but the incline is dispersed very well so it never felt very grueling. Be sure to check the weather before you go, got caught in a small storm while making my way to the top. Incredible views from the peak and quite scenic throughout! Will definitely be doing this one again!

Probably my favorite trail i’ve gone on so far! Saw quite a few different animals throughout the hike. Very well dispersed incline changes so you’re not working to hard all the time. Be careful about weather we got hailed on at the top and it made the walk down pretty slick.

Great Morning Hike...didn’t see a single person until about a half mile from completing the hike. I started the hike and ran into a herd of elk, then five minutes later a spotted four Moose. Deer/Elk abundant this morning...such a great feeling to be out here alone and able to see such great beauty. I hit the incline first and descended second :) Somehow, I managed to ramble over ten miles via scenic lookouts and hitting other trails! Parking lot was full when I came out at 9:50

Nice trailhead. Well marked trail. Wooded with a few lookouts. Slushy/muddy upper half. 4.5hrs at moderate pace. Enjoyable and would do again.

Challenging, refreshing, shady, incline abundant, wildlife (rattlesnakes), & scenic. Can’t wait to do the loop!

One of my favorite hikes. Challenging with the most beautiful views.

A good workout if you are in average shape. Not difficult by any means, but you are constantly going up (and left, right, left, right on the many switchbacks.) It’s a pine forest hike with plenty of shade and protection from wind. From time to time you get a glimpse of the views, and they are pretty. I’d do this one again.

This is a great workout. Close to Denver and easy to find. There’s a few interlinking trails so make sure you’re aware. I ended up heading to Bergen Peak (otherwise the views are the same most of the way through) then finished the loop and it was fun and worthwhile but I felt the challenge for sure. You’ll see a good amount of wildlife too. It was low traffic but a couple people had dogs off leash

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Very fun hike. Beautiful views. The wildflowers were gorgeous. Very short drive from Denver. The elevation changes are gradual so it isn’t too challenging of a hike; right at 10.5 when we finished. I gave it 4 stars only because it’s Colorado. There are 5 star trails everywhere. Where I live this would be a 7 star trail. I would definitely do it again.

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Really good workout! The incline stays gradual all the way to the top. Out favorite part was how shaded the hike is.