Bergen Peak Trail

Bergen Peak Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lewis Ridge Trailhead: From I-70, exit onto Highway 74 (Exit 252), drive south 2.25 miles to Lewis Ridge Road, turning right into the parking lot. Stagecoach Trailhead: From Highway 74, turn west on Stagecoach Boulevard and proceed 1.25 miles to the north parking lot.

Nice hike. I connected Too Long to create a loop, resulting in 10 miles. I also agree this is morderate, not hard.

This was an "out and back" trail but I made it to different trails to make a loop and a total of 10 miles including Too long trail. I would rate this trail "moderate" not hard. Some dogs were off leash which I don't mind but it was required to. It was too icy for trail running but I got some done.

Great time on Bergen trail. We had some visitors from Orlando FL and decided to tackle Bergen. We unfortunately made it up 3.6 miles to the top with amazing views. Had lunch and made our descent. Took approximately 4.5 hrs total. Enjoy it. I would say this trail is more of a moderate than hard trail.

PS keep an eye out for a mystery box on the mountain with a disposable camera and log book. Add to it and leave.

I ran this trail as part of the "Bergen Peak Half Marathon". I loved this race- it was hard but awesome, lots of variety in terrain, and great views. If you like trail racing, sign up for next year. Check out the Evergreen Trail Racing Series. they have 4 races. I think I'm signing up for the series next year.

A fantastic hike that offers more than 2000 feet in elevation gain. It does start off brutal with switchbacks and false summits, but the view on the summit and the latter half of the trail is spectacular. You get to see Denver, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Mount Evans (which just looks huge and awe inspiring from the trail). It is definitely a workout, 10 miles there-and-back and the incline is gradual throughout your whole hike. But it is worth the trip, and truly feels like a mountain hike.

Not too hard. The view at the top was okay. I was hoping for better after a decently long hike. Took about 4 hours

Lovely - elk ridge trail has elk roaming.

Nice combo of terrain, the summit is beautiful!!

A fun trail! Well marked and a lot of different terrain

Close to Denver and easy to get to. Popular with cyclists, families and dogs. Decent hike. Nice views.

sketchy looking and tiring

Slow gradual climb. Wouldn't rate it hard but rather moderate. Pretty views at the top!

Great workout. Hiked on 4/8/17. Top third of the trail was snow packed. Wear boots for sure, unless you're a maniac. Mostly wooded with some great views along the way.

Definitely a great workout for a hike! I went 4/7/2017. The first half of the trail (which is actually part of the meadowview and Elkridge trail) was dry. But due to the recent snowfall the second half of it was muddy and got progressively snowier. Very glad I wore my winter boots for the hike! It's a steady incline to the top. Most of the mountain views are covered by trees until you reach the top. Moderate amount of shade especially through the switchbacks. I would do this trail again (hopefully with less snow/mud).

great trail.up the street from home

Beautiful hike with gorgeous views at the top.

patches of melting snow at the top... don't slip. Dry otherwise. beautiful views. huge Elk herd!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wonderful hike nearby Denver!