Bergen Peak Trail

Bergen Peak Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lewis Ridge Trailhead: From I-70, exit onto Highway 74 (Exit 252), drive south 2.25 miles to Lewis Ridge Road, turning right into the parking lot. Stagecoach Trailhead: From Highway 74, turn west on Stagecoach Boulevard and proceed 1.25 miles to the north parking lot.

Fun hike, beautiful day for it, very little ice/snow so no spikes/trax necessary. Rocky hike great workout

Great hike with gradual ascend. Micro-spikes were needed close to the peak.

Pretty solid hike with steady climb throughout - not bad elevation (just shy of 10k feet) for how close it is to the city. It was a bit slick towards the top in shaded areas, so yaktrax or micro spikes would be recommended. Definitely windy!

This hike was a long one but a good one! All different terrain, could’ve benefited from spikes worn if you take the Bergen peak trail to the top. Lots of ice. We took too long trail on the way back to make it into a loop and it was much more dry! The views were beautiful at the top and made it a great stop for lunch!

Nice hike with expansive views to the south. The change of terrain along the way makes it an interesting half day outing, passing through the meadow, forest and rockier summit.

Nice hike. I connected Too Long to create a loop, resulting in 10 miles. I also agree this is morderate, not hard.

This was an "out and back" trail but I made it to different trails to make a loop and a total of 10 miles including Too long trail. I would rate this trail "moderate" not hard. Some dogs were off leash which I don't mind but it was required to. It was too icy for trail running but I got some done.

Great time on Bergen trail. We had some visitors from Orlando FL and decided to tackle Bergen. We unfortunately made it up 3.6 miles to the top with amazing views. Had lunch and made our descent. Took approximately 4.5 hrs total. Enjoy it. I would say this trail is more of a moderate than hard trail.

PS keep an eye out for a mystery box on the mountain with a disposable camera and log book. Add to it and leave.

I ran this trail as part of the "Bergen Peak Half Marathon". I loved this race- it was hard but awesome, lots of variety in terrain, and great views. If you like trail racing, sign up for next year. Check out the Evergreen Trail Racing Series. they have 4 races. I think I'm signing up for the series next year.

Not too hard. The view at the top was okay. I was hoping for better after a decently long hike. Took about 4 hours

Lovely - elk ridge trail has elk roaming.

Nice combo of terrain, the summit is beautiful!!

A fun trail! Well marked and a lot of different terrain

Close to Denver and easy to get to. Popular with cyclists, families and dogs. Decent hike. Nice views.

sketchy looking and tiring

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Slow gradual climb. Wouldn't rate it hard but rather moderate. Pretty views at the top!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Great workout. Hiked on 4/8/17. Top third of the trail was snow packed. Wear boots for sure, unless you're a maniac. Mostly wooded with some great views along the way.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Definitely a great workout for a hike! I went 4/7/2017. The first half of the trail (which is actually part of the meadowview and Elkridge trail) was dry. But due to the recent snowfall the second half of it was muddy and got progressively snowier. Very glad I wore my winter boots for the hike! It's a steady incline to the top. Most of the mountain views are covered by trees until you reach the top. Moderate amount of shade especially through the switchbacks. I would do this trail again (hopefully with less snow/mud).

Friday, March 31, 2017

great trail.up the street from home

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Beautiful hike with gorgeous views at the top.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

patches of melting snow at the top... don't slip. Dry otherwise. beautiful views. huge Elk herd!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wonderful hike nearby Denver!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Gorgeous views, we hiked up in July and could still see on the mountains across.

Friday, June 24, 2016

this is a private driveway

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moderately strenuous hike due to overall length and vertical gain. The number of switchbacks can be demoralizing. Great primer for gauging alpine hike readiness. Views are often obstructed by forest (primarily lodgepole pine & occasional aspen). Summit sign is located off the end of the trail near the transmission tower. Trail has a decent amount of mountain bike traffic between Too Long and Meadow View Trails.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful views, definitely quite moderate. The incline is steady but gradual and is very doable.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

If it wasn't for the ice, I don't know how this would have been considered difficult. It was the first real hike of the season though, so I was glad to be done when I got back to the lot. The loop trail was busy until we split off onto the actual peak trail, at which point we had the mountain to ourself. Saw some deer, but not exactly the most photography friendly mountain I've been on.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Not too easy that it was boring, not too difficult where I was feelin the burn. Very mild but pretty hike through the tree line. If you're going in winter beware of the ice patches, they were pretty gnarly today. Would recommend running shoe grippers or spikes.