Bergen Peak Trail

Bergen Peak Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lewis Ridge Trailhead: From I-70, exit onto Highway 74 (Exit 252), drive south 2.25 miles to Lewis Ridge Road, turning right into the parking lot. Stagecoach Trailhead: From Highway 74, turn west on Stagecoach Boulevard and proceed 1.25 miles to the north parking lot.

10 miles

Really nice hike. Agree with L B, this is actually 10 miles. I would rate as intermediate, rather than hard. Clearly defined route and not technical. Great views of the Front Range 14ers —> Longs, Mt. Evans (potentially Bierstadt), Grays and Torreys, and Pikes Peak. Approximately mile three on the way up and onward there was a thin layer of snow. Will be melted off completely soon. Created some slick spots, helpful to have poles or spikes.

It was almost 10 miles up and down the trail. Loved it! Challenging and spectacular views. Not a lot of traffic but a few Mtn bikers. One of my faves.

Went on a clear day and had beautiful views at the peak and at several points on the way up. Some reviewers have mentioned noise from the nearby highway, but I didn’t notice this very much. The trail was snowy at higher elevations and I was okay with basic hiking shoes.

It was a great hike. The trail was rocky but possible. Some mountain bikes but they were generally courteous. Up at the top there were some snow when ice but nothing you can’t manage. Will do it again.

A pleasant enough hike. It's steep in parts, but the switchbacks are separated by enough flat stretches and the trail isn't too rocky. Not overly crowded, though the day did start out overcast. Well-marked at trail intersections. A good number of mountain bikers; all were courteous, but I had one close call. My only issue is that you can hear the highway for over half the hike.

Went up this past Saturday 4/6. The snow wasn’t too bad and made it to the top before I put on my micro spikes to come back down, but going up might have made it slightly quicker. I’m not sure it would have been a “hard” hike if it was done on dry ground, but it was a little tougher with snow. The best views from the top are looking toward the west in my opinion.

Parked at Stagecoach TH and the trail was well packed down. We did the entire trail with trax or spikes and didn't need snow shoes at all - would definitely recommend some kind of traction devices though.

Heavy traffic on the way up but beautiful views when u get up there!! Snow is nice and packed on the trail so we were fine in hiking boots. One of my friends actually was only wearing tennis shoes the whole time!!

Went to the top yesterday! 5 hours slightly snow packed managed with spikes and no snow shoes but could almost have used them closer to the top. I love this hike the first half is pretty heavily trafficked the second half less so! I love this its close to denver and I have hiked it in all seasons. A good work out! Great views.

Great views! Take yourself to the top! Close to Denver and easy to get to. I’ll be back for more. Not sure how it is with snow as I was there back in late November.

Great hike! It was a steady climb most of the way up but no really tough spots. I’d rate the hike as moderate but others I was with had a tougher time and would rate it as hard. There was a little snow on the trail in some areas but spikes are not needed! It took us about 5 hours total, including stopping to rest and take pictures at the top. Would definitely recommend! 1/6/19

Nice trail that had very little snow or ice on 12/25/18.

Nice hike but probably not hard as it’s a steady climb. Good views on the way up and at the top especially as the clouds had rolled it giving you on top of the world feeling. Nice to lose the traffic noise once on the far side. Would definitely do again.

Great for so close to the city

Fairly exposed for the first 2 miles, so you’ll want to get an early start because it can get HOT. Some great little vistas scattered along the route which make for excellent snack/water stops. Trail is simple and well-maintained, very minimal stair-stepping and fairly low grade so I’d call this an easy trail but with the length consideration you should estimate it as moderately challenging. Reminds me of Evergreen Peak trail but quite a bit longer.

We went on a Wednesday and started hiking around noon. Plenty of parking and very few people on the trail. The meadow at the beginning was probably the best part. My phone logged 10.5 miles going to the top and back.

I think this is somewhere between moderate and hard. I'm not in great shape and still adjusting to the altitude. I had to stop several times to catch my breath and let my legs rest. for Young Folks who are active in the mountains, moderate is probably accurate. For older folks who may not get out quite as much it may border on hard

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Great hike. Wouldn’t consider it hard...more moderate. Started at Stagecoach...start to finish time was about 5.5 hrs, but we took our time eating lunch and taking pics at the top.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Did this today, 5/13. Nice trail, surprisingly dry. No views, due to mist.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

I started from the Stagecoach Drive trailhead. Bluebird day, with an amazing view at the summit! The mile stretch leading into Bergen Peak Wildlife Area is a steep climb, on the way up. But the view is worth it. I'll defintely do this hike again!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fun hike, beautiful day for it, very little ice/snow so no spikes/trax necessary. Rocky hike great workout

Monday, April 09, 2018

Great hike with gradual ascend. Micro-spikes were needed close to the peak.

Monday, April 09, 2018

Pretty solid hike with steady climb throughout - not bad elevation (just shy of 10k feet) for how close it is to the city. It was a bit slick towards the top in shaded areas, so yaktrax or micro spikes would be recommended. Definitely windy!

Monday, April 02, 2018

This hike was a long one but a good one! All different terrain, could’ve benefited from spikes worn if you take the Bergen peak trail to the top. Lots of ice. We took too long trail on the way back to make it into a loop and it was much more dry! The views were beautiful at the top and made it a great stop for lunch!

Monday, March 05, 2018

Nice hike with expansive views to the south. The change of terrain along the way makes it an interesting half day outing, passing through the meadow, forest and rockier summit.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Nice hike. I connected Too Long to create a loop, resulting in 10 miles. I also agree this is morderate, not hard.

Saturday, February 03, 2018

This was an "out and back" trail but I made it to different trails to make a loop and a total of 10 miles including Too long trail. I would rate this trail "moderate" not hard. Some dogs were off leash which I don't mind but it was required to. It was too icy for trail running but I got some done.