Belcher Hill Trail

Belcher Hill Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did this trail along with White Ranch Loop. It was nothing but muddy trails (60% of the trails were covered with mud!!) even 10 days past after the last snow and it has been warm days(Today was 57F). If you enjoy mud run/hike, do it!

This is a good winter hike on a sunny day. Good elevation gain and much of the hike is in the sun.

Love everything about White Ranch Open Space. This particular trail is a go to for my family. We did the 2 mile loop on the south side and looped back by taking Sawmill. Great views, easily hiked by a 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 yr old.

A beautiful and easy to follow trail! Great views.

Hiked about 7 miles, went out Belcher and back Longhorn. Nice gradual trails with lots of bikers.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

First time here, what a great hike! Still some icy spots in the shaded areas of the less traveled trails. Pretty muddy in spots due to snow melt but nothing terrible. Can't wait to get back and try some of the other trails in the area!

Friday, February 17, 2017

easily my favorite trail in the area. camping spots for reservation (not to say I didn't stay a night with out a reservation) many different trails leading all over and all of them intersecting at some point I have not been on all of them either. Beautiful area and quiet after about a mile or two.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Awesome hiking area and not many people there!! Can't wait to hike there again!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

definitely a workout but the trail is unshaded so you're baking under the sun, super busy with mountain bikers, joggers, horses, EVERYONE!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Went on a Sunday and encountered lots of mountain bikers, and two groups on horseback. Very busy trail without much scenery at the top.

Monday, August 15, 2016

I came out on Monday morning looking for new turf. I did a combo of the Belcher, Whipple,.Longhorn and Short horn for a 3 hour trek. Lots of horse poo in spots and maybe 3 or 4 mountain bikes in the beginning but the rest of it I was completely alone, which is what I like. Lots of change in elevation and not the most interesting scenery until you get to the top when there are more boulders. That said, it was pretty much your basic scrub trail typical of the front range. Probably won't go back as there are more interesting places to.go. obviously from the terrain and tread wear this is a big biking spot, too.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It was extremely long and challenging. A portion of Rawhide trail was closed and I got lost because of that. It was terrifying. I would recommend any trails in this area but Rawhide trail.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Awesome trail, I do 6 miles, would like to do it more often but it's pretty desolate for a lone woman hiker, can get kinda scary way up there all alone.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great hike! Close enough to Denver, but didn't hear any traffic noise. Beautiful views, as well.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

We really loved this hike. There's definitely some steep climbs.. the views are worth it!!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

This trail offers a great challenge close to Denver in beautiful Golden. Be mindful of mountain bikers, especially on the way down! A hike I recommend if you're up for a challenge. Enjoy hiking!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

great trail was difficult but great trail. steep and rocky in some sections but beautiful area with many different trail options.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nice hike. A few steep parts that got my heart rate up! Trail was a little muddy but the mud was easily avoidable.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Easy start and after about a mile it became very difficult. Smooth sailing after the tough part. Fun hike all in all.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Good cardio workout and nice views. Trail well marked and maintained.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A reasonably challenging hike for me but the beautiful pine forests and magnificent views make it all worth it. I like being able to stop at the overnight camping area for lunch and then make my way back down the trail. In the spring time the trail is spotted with several areas of ice, mud and some snow drifts. So I like to bring Microspikes.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Great day hike not too far from Denver. Lots of trail options within the park so you can really customize your hike and make it as long or short as you want. Great views of downtown Denver.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Good workout

Monday, October 05, 2015

the day began with a dense fog. not a person to be seen. of course that's because you couldn't see more than 15 yards. excellent hike though. I could sense gorgeous views!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

It was really pretty, we ended up here after a parade route blocked the entrance to some falls we had intended to hike. My hiking buddy's dog would have preferred the falls. We went about five or six miles, past Princess Anne's View for quite a ways--and the views would have been spectacular, had it not been a hazy day. I'd give it a solid 3.5 if I could.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

If I could, I would really give this one more of 3.5 or 3.75. 4 stars is a little much. I really loved how secluded this park was. The drive was a lot further then I was expecting but that's ok. When I arrived, I was pretty sure I had the whole place to myself. I hiked about 5.7 miles, my goal was too see what the Princess Anne View was all about. I was not impressed with the view once I arrived to the spot. The view had many tall trees in front of it so there wasn't really much to see. I had to go past that and little higher to see the Ralston Buttes which looked really neat but I wish I could have had a closer and more open view (again trees blocked a portion of the view). The highlight of the hike was encountering a stray cow at the beginning of the hike. I went around her but saw her again at the end of the hike. At that point she was sneaking back into her pasture with her other (less sneaky) cow friends. Granted I didn't explore everything (just another reason to come back) but for the portion I did, I think it might be really fun via mountain bike or horseback. Especially since there is a campground for horseback riders.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Beautiful scenery and a selection of different trails to choose from!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Easy drive from Denver, has great views of the city.. Lots of mansions to look at in the beginning. I'm guessing this is where all the pro athletes live! After you get past the homes it quickly becomes very secluded and lots of just you and nature. I went on a Friday afternoon in December. It was pretty quiet on the trails but lots of mountain bikers so have your ears fine tuned! Especially when you are hiking back down! I had two dogs with me, so I had to be extra careful. I had mine leashed but saw some that did not, so I'm assuming no one is out there enforcing it. Great trail to run as well! Make sure to take a map with you! There's lots of different trails and switchbacks to take. Great afternoon hike!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Great day hike! Watch out for the mountain bikers (They come flying) and horses. Real nice backpacking camp sites. Well maintained trails. Great floral. Easy water access if you have a filter bottle or other treatment and don't want to carry your reservoir. High traffic trail. Go early.