Belcher Hill Trail

Belcher Hill Trail is a 8.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a good winter hike on a sunny day. Good elevation gain and much of the hike is in the sun.

Love everything about White Ranch Open Space. This particular trail is a go to for my family. We did the 2 mile loop on the south side and looped back by taking Sawmill. Great views, easily hiked by a 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 yr old.

A beautiful and easy to follow trail! Great views.

Hiked about 7 miles, went out Belcher and back Longhorn. Nice gradual trails with lots of bikers.

First time here, what a great hike! Still some icy spots in the shaded areas of the less traveled trails. Pretty muddy in spots due to snow melt but nothing terrible. Can't wait to get back and try some of the other trails in the area!

easily my favorite trail in the area. camping spots for reservation (not to say I didn't stay a night with out a reservation) many different trails leading all over and all of them intersecting at some point I have not been on all of them either. Beautiful area and quiet after about a mile or two.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Awesome hiking area and not many people there!! Can't wait to hike there again!!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

definitely a workout but the trail is unshaded so you're baking under the sun, super busy with mountain bikers, joggers, horses, EVERYONE!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Went on a Sunday and encountered lots of mountain bikers, and two groups on horseback. Very busy trail without much scenery at the top.

Monday, August 15, 2016

I came out on Monday morning looking for new turf. I did a combo of the Belcher, Whipple,.Longhorn and Short horn for a 3 hour trek. Lots of horse poo in spots and maybe 3 or 4 mountain bikes in the beginning but the rest of it I was completely alone, which is what I like. Lots of change in elevation and not the most interesting scenery until you get to the top when there are more boulders. That said, it was pretty much your basic scrub trail typical of the front range. Probably won't go back as there are more interesting places to.go. obviously from the terrain and tread wear this is a big biking spot, too.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It was extremely long and challenging. A portion of Rawhide trail was closed and I got lost because of that. It was terrifying. I would recommend any trails in this area but Rawhide trail.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Awesome trail, I do 6 miles, would like to do it more often but it's pretty desolate for a lone woman hiker, can get kinda scary way up there all alone.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great hike! Close enough to Denver, but didn't hear any traffic noise. Beautiful views, as well.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

We really loved this hike. There's definitely some steep climbs.. the views are worth it!!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

This trail offers a great challenge close to Denver in beautiful Golden. Be mindful of mountain bikers, especially on the way down! A hike I recommend if you're up for a challenge. Enjoy hiking!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

great trail was difficult but great trail. steep and rocky in some sections but beautiful area with many different trail options.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nice hike. A few steep parts that got my heart rate up! Trail was a little muddy but the mud was easily avoidable.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Easy start and after about a mile it became very difficult. Smooth sailing after the tough part. Fun hike all in all.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Good cardio workout and nice views. Trail well marked and maintained.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A reasonably challenging hike for me but the beautiful pine forests and magnificent views make it all worth it. I like being able to stop at the overnight camping area for lunch and then make my way back down the trail. In the spring time the trail is spotted with several areas of ice, mud and some snow drifts. So I like to bring Microspikes.