Beaver Creek Loop Trail

Beaver Creek Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Penrose, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pretty hike and saw no one else the entire time. That said I went counter clockwise and had wished I went clockwise. I hiked this alone and once I crossed the west and east confluence of beaver creek I began losing confidence in my ability to cross the stream lower down 3 more times where it would likely get deeper.

I went with my gut and turned back as I was alone , and if I jogged back the way I came I might make it back to my car before dark. Didn't want to risk injuring myself in the stream crossings and didn't want to risk getting stranded in wet clothes

Crossed the creek 4x to make the loop. Ran into a hunter who said you could bypass the water if you turned left just before the collapsed metal structure going counterclockwise. Next time we will bring our teva's to speed up the crossings. Overall mileage was 12.0 from the parking lot, so I'm not sure where 7.5 miles comes from...

Saw a mountain lion and lost the trail going up out of the drainage

Gorgeous

Gorgeous trail! I went counterclockwise. The river was very high and flowing pretty fast which made the river crossings difficult and quite scary. Trail is quite overgrown in a lot of places and had to backtrack a bit especially to find places to cross the river. Overall beautiful trail and very serene, I didn't see anyone until back to the trailhead.

It was a nice trail with a pretty decent climb. We went counter clockwise and when we hit the creek the water was too high and flowing too fast for us to cross. We had to turn back and go the way we came. Turned into a 9.5 mile hike.

Awesome hike. As far as everyone commenting on the trail being hard to find at times, that is true. However I found it as a positive thing, I considered it a slight challenge. It also means there is less foot traffic thus less people in the area. Which is great imo!

I had a person with me that is out of shape and this hike was probably the hardest thing he has ever done. For me, I would put it as slightly above moderate intensity and I am average build. So you can use that to asses where you might be grouped.

Here's some advice. Go clockwise and you will have wet feet in the beginning of your hike. Counter clockwise and you'll save the wet feet for the last couple of miles. You will lose the trail multiple times when you are hiking along beaver creek. You will have to traverse this creek about a half dozen times. If you decide to start the trail counter clockwise (to the right at the the start of the loop) MAKE SURE TO TURN LEFT AT THE SIGN THAT SAYS POWER LINES. This is the top section of loop. Enjoy the area and PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACK IN. PLEASE!

Hiked here a couple times. Love the scenery and there usually aren't many other people out there. The trail does go all the way around, but the trail is not well maintained or marked. There's a spot where it seems like the trail just ends but if you scramble down the rocks to the creek it keeps going. Definitely a harder hike with some tricky spots and creek crossings where you will more than likely get your feet wet.