Beaver Brook Trail

Beaver Brook Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beaver Brook trail starts in Golden and climbs up to around 7000 ft looking down onto Clear Creek as it moves through north forested slopes. After beautiful vistas it drops into Beaver Brook itself before climbing out to Chief Hosa. The trail on the west side drops down into Beaver Brook, then climbs back out to the top of a 7800' peak so there is a fair amount of climb on that side. The east side if you start at Windy Gap is fairly level although there are scramble and scree piles to climb over.

awesome

Loved the trail!! I appreciate the Beauty around me, & except how the trail is.❤️

Not too difficult but very long if you do the whole trail. Lots of great views!

I run this trail a few times a season. Great workout. Varied terrain from boulder fields and scrambling to wildflower filled meadows and lovely forested sections. You can add miles by climbing Chimney Gulch trail out of Golden. Can be crowded in the first couple of miles but after that not many users. Other reviewers complain about unleashed dogs but I haven't really encountered that although I have run into a couple of unleashed cows :-)

It is beautiful but hell it is a lot of scrambling across small boulders. And not great for dogs. They had a really hard time going over the rocks. And the trail is narrow. Hardly room for more than one person. Maybe come without dogs but meh

Long hike, views mediocre compared to other trails that require similar effort. There were only 2 lookout points with decent views. Best was at the end after approx 5 miles with 400-500 ft steep climb, see my recorded track. Plan to eat lunch there if doing out and back.
Trail has lot of up/ downs. If starting from Windy Saddle, right near the beginning within 1-1.5 miles you will encounter boulder field and some climbing over boulders. There wasn't much traffic going out very early in the morning, but coming back lot of peeps with dogs, and runners.
It was just ok trail imho, not worth the length or effort. There are other more spectacular 11 mile trails around.
Only exciting thing that happened on my hike was - a giant >6 ft. Bull snake slithered 4 ft. right in front of me from one side of the trail and crossed over to the other side. By the time I fished out my iPhone it was already climbing up the other side. It was super fast. I did not even see it until it was in front of me on the trail. If I had been 4-5 steps ahead, it would have slithered over my feet! It was pretty big and cool! See pic.

An awesome trail but too many unleashed dogs. It's irresponsible dog owners that end up ruining it for us responsible and law abiding dog owners. Use your head people before they make this yet one more "no dogs" trail