Bear Lake Nature Trail

Bear Lake Nature Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from March until November.

A high altitude lake with views of many mountains.

Beautiful! Very slippery. You can make it without micro spikes but choose your footing very carefully and avoid the rounded frozen snow on certain trails (tons of people slipping hard!). Once you’re flat and able to walk on the lake, you can’t beat the incredible views especially if it’s clear!

Did this 3/29. Lake was still frozen over so you could walk over it. Can say much about the views is it was a white out the entire time. I had snow shoes but many had nothing at all. I would recommend at least micro spikes.

Very cool and simple trail! Beautiful this time of the year!

03/04/2018
Super easy loop... snow everywhere... people everywhere. A lot of people with snowshoes for no reason, but to each there own. This is a short trail that we do with our 4 and 7 year old every once in awhile, they like it. Boots work fine, spikes work fine, snowshoes would also be fine, but I save my spikes for when we move over to Nymph Lake and Dream Lake where it's a little steeper. If you're looking for easy, this is what you want.

So. Much. Snow. Lol too much snow to do much exploring, but beautiful, beautiful views. Can’t wait to go back, hopefully just not in the winter haha

Very easy and very beautiful

beautiful view.. makes me realized how lucky Iam to experienced such creation!

We loved this loop trail! Literally stopped every few moments to soak in the beauty and scenery but truly great trail. We took our three kiddos on this trail backpacked one and the other two walked. I suggest bringing water as the elevation may hit some more than others. Little to no inclines but if not acclimated it might be more challenging. Stunning stunning view! Parking fills fast.

Went yesterday and the trail was mostly snow packed. Easy trail, would love to see it without snow. Moved on to the other trails after this.

This is a fun, short trail, with little difficulty. A great place for a full-moon snowshoe hike, like my group did to bring in the new year.

Usually crowded during the day, you will almost have this place to yourself at night.

Hike is amazing the whole way through I would greatly recommend being multiple bottles of water though if hiking this one in the summer time!

Great for all levels, parking can be backed up.

Good! Nice and easy with no hills or elevation gain. Easy walking trail (loop) for all ages. No water required.

Best way to start exploring Rocky Mountain National Park! Very easy family hike but at this time of the year is very icy and slippery because of how popular it is. Do not go without microspikes!! You will regret! I rented mine at The Warming House for $5. The best money I’ve ever spent. It saved my life!!

Easy peasy little trail that was pleasant even though it had to be minus 10 with a viscous wind! I can only imagine it is beautiful when in spring/summer but it was spectacular in all its winter glory! Great park wardens there too! Parking was starting to fill up as we left around 10.30? So it’s definitely an early starter!

Did this trail back in July when I was 6 months pregnant along with two toddlers. Very easy for all of us to do with gorgeous views. Definitely plan on going back. Best tips are to go as early as you can. We got there around 6am and the parking lot was already starting to get full. Bring plenty of water if you plan on venturing the other trails that lead off of Bear Lake. Even though it was mid summer, bring a light jacket with. It was pretty chilly up there.

Went up this past wknd 11/5/17 lots of snow but definitely just as beautiful as ever, super easy trail had my two year old on my back and wife.

Great walk on the morning of our wedding.

An easy little trail with beautiful views. Can't wait to go back, but next time I would try to go earlier in the morning when the lake is calmer and the park is less crowded.

Significantly better trails in area. Nothing amazing about this lake compared to others in area.

The lake was mostly covered in low clouds and mist during my short hike in late July. It did make for a dramatic appearance, but the majestic surroundings were not visible for the most part. Fortunately, it was one of the few times during my trip where the weather did not fully cooperate.

super easy. awesome views.

Easy access for all people and beautiful views!

Very beautiful and easy.

Easy walk, not quite wheelchair-accessible in all segments. Lots of seating and viewpoints to take photographs of the scenery. Under 300 feet from the parking lot. Very popular as a quick stop for most

Easy paved path, lots of photo ops, absolutely beautiful!

A pleasant hike even in the misty cool weather. My sister hiked on to Bierstadt lake and loved it.

Came here to take photos after my wedding elsewhere in the park — absolutely stunning throughout. Beautiful fall colors. Very heavy foot traffic on a cold and bleak Sunday but no problem getting pictures or seeing what we wanted to see

Super easy flat walk around the beautiful bear lake... hop skip and a jump from the parking area so very easy to get to and from the car/bus stop.

Simple hike and a beautiful lake