Bear Lake Nature Trail

Bear Lake Nature Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from March until November.

A high altitude lake with views of many mountains.

43 seconds ago

Very easy and very beautiful

beautiful view.. makes me realized how lucky Iam to experienced such creation!

We loved this loop trail! Literally stopped every few moments to soak in the beauty and scenery but truly great trail. We took our three kiddos on this trail backpacked one and the other two walked. I suggest bringing water as the elevation may hit some more than others. Little to no inclines but if not acclimated it might be more challenging. Stunning stunning view! Parking fills fast.

Went yesterday and the trail was mostly snow packed. Easy trail, would love to see it without snow. Moved on to the other trails after this.

This is a fun, short trail, with little difficulty. A great place for a full-moon snowshoe hike, like my group did to bring in the new year.

Usually crowded during the day, you will almost have this place to yourself at night.

Hike is amazing the whole way through I would greatly recommend being multiple bottles of water though if hiking this one in the summer time!

Great for all levels, parking can be backed up.

Good! Nice and easy with no hills or elevation gain. Easy walking trail (loop) for all ages. No water required.

Best way to start exploring Rocky Mountain National Park! Very easy family hike but at this time of the year is very icy and slippery because of how popular it is. Do not go without microspikes!! You will regret! I rented mine at The Warming House for $5. The best money I’ve ever spent. It saved my life!!

Easy peasy little trail that was pleasant even though it had to be minus 10 with a viscous wind! I can only imagine it is beautiful when in spring/summer but it was spectacular in all its winter glory! Great park wardens there too! Parking was starting to fill up as we left around 10.30? So it’s definitely an early starter!

Did this trail back in July when I was 6 months pregnant along with two toddlers. Very easy for all of us to do with gorgeous views. Definitely plan on going back. Best tips are to go as early as you can. We got there around 6am and the parking lot was already starting to get full. Bring plenty of water if you plan on venturing the other trails that lead off of Bear Lake. Even though it was mid summer, bring a light jacket with. It was pretty chilly up there.

Went up this past wknd 11/5/17 lots of snow but definitely just as beautiful as ever, super easy trail had my two year old on my back and wife.

Great walk on the morning of our wedding.

An easy little trail with beautiful views. Can't wait to go back, but next time I would try to go earlier in the morning when the lake is calmer and the park is less crowded.

Significantly better trails in area. Nothing amazing about this lake compared to others in area.

The lake was mostly covered in low clouds and mist during my short hike in late July. It did make for a dramatic appearance, but the majestic surroundings were not visible for the most part. Fortunately, it was one of the few times during my trip where the weather did not fully cooperate.

super easy. awesome views.

Easy access for all people and beautiful views!

Very beautiful and easy.

Easy walk, not quite wheelchair-accessible in all segments. Lots of seating and viewpoints to take photographs of the scenery. Under 300 feet from the parking lot. Very popular as a quick stop for most