Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop

Bear Creek Lake Trail Loop is a 9.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

beach

My dog loves playing in the creek. Very easy to move on. Can get crowded in the summer and on weekends

Great trail. Multi-use so beware of mtn bikes if you're running. Elevation gain is all at once, so be ready for that.

Great trail with meandering route and profile. Sections of shade which was welcoming in the heat, butnalso sections where you are exposed. Can add on or cut corners at a few points but we chose to run to all the view points. Great to go for a dip in the lake afterwards. We parked at the visitor centre for easy access to both

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Saturday, November 26, 2016

I like this trail. I didn't want to conquer a mountain today, I Just wanted to be outside and meander, this is an easy trail but myself and my dogs had a good walk. Not much cover so it's pretty hot in the summer but for a fall day like today it was perfect.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Walked this today as a nice break-in to really get into hiking! Such a gorgeous day, nice leg workout without being too intensive; the views were breathtaking the whole time.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Great trail for running and biking. I wish I had worn my trail runners for this one instead of my hiking boots. Great trail to get some easy miles in. I liked that it meanders along the creek, has lost of shaded areas and pit stops. I enjoyed these miles immensely; it was a really long easy walk on a beautiful Fall morning.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great walk along the river, View of the castle. A lot of mountain bikers

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This really isn't a trail for hiking. It's perfect for a long, calm walk around Morrison and you get to see downtown.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

We started at little bear parking lot which is the first parking lot down the hill off the road there is no signs. Hiked down along the creek past the Bears lair parking lot down past the castle and then the hike got real fun straight up once on top the views were pretty amazing for being so close to Denver. 7.5 miles around 2 1/2 hrs

Sunday, April 03, 2016

I was not impressed. The pictures uploaded made it seem as though it was a dirt trail. It was more of a bike path through Morrison over to Bear Creek Lake

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Great hike for beginners or for those who want to take an easy day. Went yesterday 3.5.16 and was expecting a little more. Definitely a lot of bikers on the trail so be cautious. Also, I'm not sure where the guy went who posted the photos of the waterfalls and such, but it wasn't from this trail lol.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

I was expecting a trail head. This was all pavement/side walks and crazy amount of bikers. I bought my dog so it wasn't that great because they were coming in every direction. Great for bikers I guess.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

good singletrack for kids or beginners

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Okay, pretty mellow and not much to look at, plus the roaring of 285 doesn't help. But good, mellow trail

Saturday, June 20, 2015

These trails were not very well marked and this is only for a walk. Not even close to a hike. Would only go there again for the lake.

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Gravel out and back trails closed due to flooding, only paved trail open today. Very full trails of bikers who have poor safety awareness. We took our dogs but because of the cyclists probably won't go back

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Nice for a walk, too flat for hiking.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

A few different roads or trails to take. I started on owl which was beautiful and intersect the fitness trail. Had a blast attempting all the random activities along the trail, finished at a lake for lunch and headed back. Very nice.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Did about ten miles of mostly singletrack here. Nothing technical and quite flat. It was a good start of the season ride. Seemed like there were lots of trail intersections.

Monday, May 21, 2012

This was a very nice hike. Not very much of an incline but the views were beautiful. This is a good trail to run on except for certain parts. A lot of bikes are on the trail so watch out for those.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

You are talking about rode biking. The hike or mountain trail stays in bear creek resivor and does loop an 8 mile trail. Can be made longer, mostly these are singletrack connected by fireroads.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I didn't know the Bear Creek Trail was a loop. The Bear Creek Trail that I've ridden starts in Morrison and ends in Denver on the Platte River Trail. It is mostly paved and is part of the Southwest Denver Loop Trail