Barr Trail to Pikes Peak

Barr Trail to Pikes Peak is a 23 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Manitou Springs, Colorado that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is wide and very accessible from the ascension and descension standpoint. The last mile is the hardest and takes a lot of stamina to conquer the final walk across the boulder field.

Very challenging due to length. The last two miles up is above the tree line and weather is very unpredictable- sleet and cold rain in July on one trip.

Tough with the elevation climb and deep switch backs... trail in good condition. Touch with all the peet gravel though.

There were around 4 miles of snowfields before you break out of the tree line so come prepared.

Awesome trail once you get past the incliners on their way down. Steep climb on the way up up course! Friendly people at Barr camp, so it was a good place to eat and rest.

hiking the bar trail to the top of pikes peak was amazing, once you break the tree line it gets significantly harder. bring food and layers of cloths.

trail was awesome. Definitely the biggest challenge I've ever faced in the wild! a couple places where the trail goes missing. be careful not to get lost.

We tried this for the first time to gauge where we are. We have a lot of work to do! Made it 1/4 of the way up before turning back. Had our 1 1/2 year old in a pack and our dog on leash. Lots of fun. Want to make it to camp next time. So inspired by all the other hikers who make this trek

Perfect trail. I'm from Ohio so wasn't prepared for lack of oxygen. Flew in on Friday and hiked Saturday. Made it to summit but the 16 Golden Stairs near the summit caused me to become "zombie-like" because of being well above tree line and me not being acclimated to altitude. So, if you're coming from a low area my advice is to stay at higher altitude for at least 72 hours before attempting the hike.

Great trail. I am 56 and from the East Coast. I hiked this trail last Friday and Saturday and broke it into two days and spent the night at Barr Camp. Had a blast. This is a very difficult climb if you are over 50 and are in decent shape. I acclimated for two days and still found it really hard. It is a long hike. 26 miles. Beautiful views. Highly recommend. Wear low boots. Nothing heavier is needed.