Barney Ford Trail

Barney Ford Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful views but the trail as marked on All trails is not correct. We followed it exactly and ended up hiking on the back side where a rock slide occurred making it difficult. We’re pretty seasoned hikers but if you’re not used to hiking where the footing isn’t sure- be careful!! We also ended up in someone’s back yard. If you follow the summit county trail map the trail goes on the other side of Boreas Pass Rd. For this hike- grab a trail map. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Gorgeous views.

This view was breath taking! My kids loved and got some great pictures! Beautiful! Only tip I have is don’t forget to cross the road after you take Moonstone Trail to get to Barney Ford had to backtrack a little to figure out that the trail continued on the other side of the road. You must see this though!

The trail was not very clear in some spots and we ended up in someone’s backyard!

The hike really was beautiful and not too difficult at all. The views are best once you hit the big open prairie area, I didn't take much interest in the remainder of the hike. I didn't find it to be out and back, there were many other connections to bring it around as a loop. I'm not sure why, but the app took me to the ice rink parking lot as the start- there are several trails that start from there but THIS IS NOT ONE. I started near the intersection of Mt Baldy Road and Boreas Pass Road. There are lots of trails near here, well marked too. I actually hiked from downtown and it was ~30-40 minutes to the start of the trail. A decent amount of mountain bikers use the trail. I didn't notice traffic noise at all like the other review mentioned

Monday, July 03, 2017

It was ok. Most interesting thing was the log poles. You can hear lots of traffic.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Nice hike at the edge of town. Little use with only one other person encountered.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

We started at the Carter Park trailhead in town. It's a pleasant 4.8 mile round trip, and a good hike to acclimate to the altitude. Beautiful today on a warm afternoon after a light snow. It's a popular trail - Watch out for mountain bikes.

Friday, October 20, 2017