Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The start of the trail is a 4*4 road, no so pleasant, but once you pass the first 2miles, views are great and from the top awesome! Worth the hike!

Hiking

Good trail, great views. Get to the trailhead by 8 (no later than 9) if you want to go to the top of the mountain and back by 2 to miss the afternoon storms. If you have a 4 wheel drive car, you can drive up the trail and take 1-2 hours off of the total hike.

off road driving

Fun trail, close to Breckenridge with beautiful veiws!

Consistent incline the entire way up and pretty steep for the last half mile. Hiked for 2:45 without stopping for many breaks or at the top very long. Note that is not a trail but a road the entire way up. Definitely worth the beautiful views of Breckinridge from the top.

This hike has amazing views and is a great way to spend 4+ hours hiking. Great for kids!

Very beautiful views, and is right by a national forest. I didn't do the whole thing, but the river that flows right next to it is gorgeous.

First time jogging in high altitudes on snow. This is a great trail for getting accustomed to the high altitude. It was a very wide trail and there was an amazing view of Breckenridge at the top. The only downside was the amount of dog poop sitting in the middle of trail, it's unbelievable how irresponsible some dog owners can be. I love dogs but can't stand bad dog owners who can't clean up after their pets.

Wide trail all the way up. Easy to find. Passed by a couple of cars and mnt bikers. Certainly uphill the whole way but no climbing at any point. Didn't expect it to be so high up but was more than happy with the views. Beautiful view of all of Breckenridge and Frisco from the top. Started getting wet feet at the top (snow) so missed the last 1/8 mile. Drive to the top if you can't make the hike.

This is my first hike at any real elevation. I will say this is not an easy hike. The road is rough and tough to walk. The elevation will take a toll on noobs like me. I set aside 3.5 hours to make it up, but at 2:30pm I was about .2 miles from the summit. Two guys coming down advised that I likely didn't have enough time before sunset. I decided to descend with them. I was disappointed that I didn't complete what I set out to do, but I really enjoyed the day and got some cool pics. Take water, food, wind protection, trekking poles for the final .5 mile, and go early if you want to make it all the way and are not very versed in elevation hiking. --- I will be back to conquer Baldy!!