Balanced Rock Road

Balanced Rock Road is a 15.2 mile out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Did this in a stock 2011 Rav4 awd no issues. It was a little concerning that coming back is more difficult than going in. good trail and lightly trafficked.

off road driving

Beautiful drive. Nothing difficult for a Rubicon . Too bad people leave cans, bottles, targets, shotgun shells and trash all over. Have fun and respect the beauty.

off road driving

Fun trail. Gets really difficult at the very end. Had to turn around. Overall my Jeep Liberty Limited drove pretty smooth. Good trail for beginners like myself.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fun trail and not too treacherous until the end after the switchback. The ruts towards the end gave my lifted Xterra a good time. Highly recommended for those with good ground clearance and 4x4.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Fun trail. Not very challenging until near the end. Close to the start you will see a trail going to the right down a steep hill. It's a fun hill to climb, but again not very challenging. When you are getting closer to the end you will come to a tight switchback, then not much further before a spot with some big holes that will really test your flex. A front locker would be helpful here, but my 100% stock jeep XJ came back up it no sweat, but I did have the sway bars disconnected giving me more flex. If you don't want to try the big holes, the switchback may be your best turn-around spot, it's tighter after that all the way to the holes.

The camp sites at the bottom are neat, but the very end is thick underbrush and someone has put caution tape blocking the last way I could see to go.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Fun trail. Not very challenging until near the end. Close to the start you will see a trail going to the right down a steep hill. It's a fun hill to climb, but again not very challenging. When you are getting closer to the end you will come to a tight switchback, then not much further before a spot with some big holes that will really test your flex. A front locker would be helpful here, but my 100% stock XJ came back up it no sweat, but I did have the sway bars disconnected giving me more flex. If you don't want to try the big holes, the switchback may be your best turn-around spot, it's tighter after that all the way to the holes.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Gets very flexible and difficult near the end. Great trail. Jeep loved it

Friday, June 24, 2016

Monday, October 14, 2013

I gave this trail a 4 because it was very fun. This was the first true 4x4 trail ive been down in my new Liberty. I had no issues but at times was a little worried about my chrome running boards. This trail was rated easy in the book but i can promise you since the hard rains it has caused some serious washouts and ruts making it a bit challenging in spots for stock vehicles. I had noticed that the trail had been worked on in spots also. The trail was very narrow in spots. I would never try this trail with a 2wd vehicle if you do you will find yourself in a hard place quick. Stock vehicles should stay away from this trail if it is raining heavily.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

This is a pretty fun trail that ends near a small reservoir. Great family outing, especially if you plan on fishing. Mostly an easy trail, but a few rocky rutted sections could be challenging for stock SUVs.