Bakerville to Loveland Trail

Bakerville to Loveland Trail is a 9.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions: From I-70 west take the Bakerville exit. The trailhead is on the south side of the interstate to the right of a large parking area. This is a US National Forest Trail in the Arapahoe National Forest. The trail ends at Loveland Ski Area.

Nice beginning snowshoe trail. Can hear I-70, but pretend the sound is of a river running wild. FYI, park to the RIGHT of the chimney, not in front or to the left. There is a private drive way. This site isn't allowing me to show the photo and this is the 2nd time trying to write this. If it doesn't show up again, so be it. Only 2 stars for the site, for its ease of use.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tried out the new snowshoes on this great trail on 2/7/2015 with 2 boys (11 and 8) and 2 adults. Other than the highway noise, it's a beautiful trail with a lot to offer the beginner snowshoer and cross-country skier. The boys loved the trail and the opportunity to see at least the tracks of wildlife. We only went about 1.5 miles toward Loveland Ski Area, and then turned around, but it was perfect for our first experience and we'll definitely be back with the kiddos.

Friday, March 16, 2012

I snowshoes this trail in early February from the Loveland Ski area entrance. It is a very nice trail with retaining walls along the way you can sit on. I-70 is not visibly, but you can hear the road noise, that is why I only gave it 4 stars.

If you are like me, have kids who want to ski, but can't any longer yourself, grab some snowshoes & hit this trail, while they are on the slopes at Loveland.