Baker's Tank

Baker's Tank is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this hike 8/8. Beautiful hike but definitely not difficult. Shared the trail with a quite a few bikers who all didn’t understand that the trail was to be shared.

My husband and I did the Baker’s Tank Boreas Pass Rd hike today. We got started late and were rained on a bit but it was worth it! We thought it was easy to moderate (inclines) and there were a few bikers on the trail, but we mostly had it to ourselves. Many beautiful flowers and trees to look at and we even found a log to sit on in a sunny spot to look out over the magnificent views! Perfect stream near the Bakers Tank and many campsites along the road going down. Many, many breathtaking views from the road! We had a great day and would do it again!

It was a nice hike. Definitely not difficult though. We continued up the mountain past the end of Bakers trail. Didn't see any wildlife and was mostly trees to look at. No major clearing or summit to stop at. But overall a nice medium to easy hike which was good because we were short on time.

Definitely not a "Hard Trail" we did it in reverse starting at Bakers Tank . Nice forest walk took about a little over two hours very enjoyable and a good 1st hike having just arrived acclimatising to the altitude Our GPS measured it as 5.8 mile round trip

Mainly in the forest, with lots of wildlife.

We took the advice from Tom Moore a few reviews ago. Agreed, hike really isn't a "hard" hike. We took the forest trail up through the woods all the way to Bakers Tank, then returned down Boreas Pass. The road isn't very exciting (and was a bit dusty when we went) but the views were spectacular! It took us much longer to get down because we were stopping to taking photos everywhere. If you get lucky and the aspens are changing, the road hike is quite stunning.

A little steep at first but a nice hike to the Baker Tank

Baker's is not "hard" as the rating implies. My wife and I are 53 and 54. We've done Gray's, Mohawk, McCullough Gulch, and Burro in the past 2 weeks and Baker's is the easiest of the bunch. Nice gradual incline. 900 feet of elevation gain. GPS recorded it as 6 miles round trip. Baker's is basically a pretty forest hike (similar to Burro). Couple of decent views. We went on Thursday and saw a total of 1 trail runner and 1 mountain biker. If we do it again, we'll hike up the trail and back on Boreas Pass Rd (which has far better vista views than the trail)

My sons and I have done this Trail several times on mountain bikes. Boreas Pass Road is a moderate but steady climb and the trail through the woods down is moderately technical but a lot of fun. Round trip takes about 3 hours. views of Breckenridge and the reservoir are incredible.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery. Plenty of bikers and even cars!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Great hike. look out for moose. Very pretty.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Shaded for most of the way with a very long incline for the first half. Nice little snack by the river that flows next to bakers tank. Good spot for lunch.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Great hike in October...I did not make it all the way to the tank because the altitude got to me at about 11,500 and I turned back. Will do again this summer.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Friday, March 10, 2017

Great trail. Snowshoed. Halfway through the trail gets a bit confusing as several tracked paths emerge. On the return down there is some fun powdery runs. Not too many overwhelming panoramic views, but beautiful forests.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Throughly enjoyable. A steady climb evens out on the tops of a ridge with great views to the south. Trail is packed down, used snowshoes, icy in some spots.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Views are amazing

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lots of uphill!

Friday, July 29, 2016

I would not rate this trail as hard. There were many flat spots with gradual climb. There were some pretty scenic views but not one of my favorites. Mainly hiking in the forest. Didn't see any wildlife and no lakes or falls. I would say it is a pretty easy hike.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Hiked this on June 17, 2016. This is not a difficult trail but rather an intermediate one. The trail was mostly dry with a few muddy spots that were easily avoided. Dappled shade from the pine trees throughout made it a very pleasant hike. It took us one hour and twenty minutes to hike to the tank and about one hour ten minutes to return. I recommend it to all.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I do this trail at least once a year if not more. It's a good one to test your acclimation to altitude and also goes through great Aspen forests. It's easy to moderate. Be warned - walk back is narrow and dusty. The dust has already ruined one camera so I always do the trail back and drive the pass later to see more Aspen.

Monday, September 28, 2015

We started at Bakers Tank off Boreas Pass. The trail head is at a giant red tank you cant miss it. This trail is great for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. We split off on to Mtn Pride trail and passed old mining sites. Past that we continued up for awesome view of Breckenridge. I would not rate this a difficult hike. There are not many obstacles for bikers either, just some gradual hills.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

It's a pretty hike starting at the trailhead at the parking area on Boreas Pass. The first part of the hike is moderate as you are climbing up. The trail levels off and takes you through pine and Aspen forests. After reaching Baker's Tank you can follow Boreas Pass road back to the trailhead, which has great views over Breckenridge and the valley below. I wouldn't rate this hike as difficult- it's a pleasant hike.