Baker's Tank

Baker's Tank is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Baker's is not "hard" as the rating implies. My wife and I are 53 and 54. We've done Gray's, Mohawk, McCullough Gulch, and Burro in the past 2 weeks and Baker's is the easiest of the bunch. Nice gradual incline. 900 feet of elevation gain. GPS recorded it as 6 miles round trip. Baker's is basically a pretty forest hike (similar to Burro). Couple of decent views. We went on Thursday and saw a total of 1 trail runner and 1 mountain biker. If we do it again, we'll hike up the trail and back on Boreas Pass Rd (which has far better vista views than the trail)

My sons and I have done this Trail several times on mountain bikes. Boreas Pass Road is a moderate but steady climb and the trail through the woods down is moderately technical but a lot of fun. Round trip takes about 3 hours. views of Breckenridge and the reservoir are incredible.

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery. Plenty of bikers and even cars!

Great hike. look out for moose. Very pretty.

Shaded for most of the way with a very long incline for the first half. Nice little snack by the river that flows next to bakers tank. Good spot for lunch.

Great hike in October...I did not make it all the way to the tank because the altitude got to me at about 11,500 and I turned back. Will do again this summer.

rails trails

Great trail. Snowshoed. Halfway through the trail gets a bit confusing as several tracked paths emerge. On the return down there is some fun powdery runs. Not too many overwhelming panoramic views, but beautiful forests.

Throughly enjoyable. A steady climb evens out on the tops of a ridge with great views to the south. Trail is packed down, used snowshoes, icy in some spots.

Views are amazing