Baker's Tank

Baker's Tank is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until February. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Great trail. Snowshoed. Halfway through the trail gets a bit confusing as several tracked paths emerge. On the return down there is some fun powdery runs. Not too many overwhelming panoramic views, but beautiful forests.

Throughly enjoyable. A steady climb evens out on the tops of a ridge with great views to the south. Trail is packed down, used snowshoes, icy in some spots.

Views are amazing

Lots of uphill!

I would not rate this trail as hard. There were many flat spots with gradual climb. There were some pretty scenic views but not one of my favorites. Mainly hiking in the forest. Didn't see any wildlife and no lakes or falls. I would say it is a pretty easy hike.

Hiked this on June 17, 2016. This is not a difficult trail but rather an intermediate one. The trail was mostly dry with a few muddy spots that were easily avoided. Dappled shade from the pine trees throughout made it a very pleasant hike. It took us one hour and twenty minutes to hike to the tank and about one hour ten minutes to return. I recommend it to all.

I do this trail at least once a year if not more. It's a good one to test your acclimation to altitude and also goes through great Aspen forests. It's easy to moderate. Be warned - walk back is narrow and dusty. The dust has already ruined one camera so I always do the trail back and drive the pass later to see more Aspen.

We started at Bakers Tank off Boreas Pass. The trail head is at a giant red tank you cant miss it. This trail is great for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. We split off on to Mtn Pride trail and passed old mining sites. Past that we continued up for awesome view of Breckenridge. I would not rate this a difficult hike. There are not many obstacles for bikers either, just some gradual hills.