Baker's Tank

Baker's Tank is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We took the advice from Tom Moore a few reviews ago. Agreed, hike really isn't a "hard" hike. We took the forest trail up through the woods all the way to Bakers Tank, then returned down Boreas Pass. The road isn't very exciting (and was a bit dusty when we went) but the views were spectacular! It took us much longer to get down because we were stopping to taking photos everywhere. If you get lucky and the aspens are changing, the road hike is quite stunning.

A little steep at first but a nice hike to the Baker Tank

Baker's is not "hard" as the rating implies. My wife and I are 53 and 54. We've done Gray's, Mohawk, McCullough Gulch, and Burro in the past 2 weeks and Baker's is the easiest of the bunch. Nice gradual incline. 900 feet of elevation gain. GPS recorded it as 6 miles round trip. Baker's is basically a pretty forest hike (similar to Burro). Couple of decent views. We went on Thursday and saw a total of 1 trail runner and 1 mountain biker. If we do it again, we'll hike up the trail and back on Boreas Pass Rd (which has far better vista views than the trail)

My sons and I have done this Trail several times on mountain bikes. Boreas Pass Road is a moderate but steady climb and the trail through the woods down is moderately technical but a lot of fun. Round trip takes about 3 hours. views of Breckenridge and the reservoir are incredible.

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery. Plenty of bikers and even cars!

Great hike. look out for moose. Very pretty.

Shaded for most of the way with a very long incline for the first half. Nice little snack by the river that flows next to bakers tank. Good spot for lunch.

Great hike in October...I did not make it all the way to the tank because the altitude got to me at about 11,500 and I turned back. Will do again this summer.

rails trails

Great trail. Snowshoed. Halfway through the trail gets a bit confusing as several tracked paths emerge. On the return down there is some fun powdery runs. Not too many overwhelming panoramic views, but beautiful forests.

Throughly enjoyable. A steady climb evens out on the tops of a ridge with great views to the south. Trail is packed down, used snowshoes, icy in some spots.

Views are amazing