Baker Pass via Baker Gulch

Baker Pass via Baker Gulch is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Walden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November.

Directions from Granby: Follow Highway 40 west to Highway 34. Go north on Hwy 34 to Rocky Mountain National Park's West Entrance. From the park entrance, follow Trail Ridge Road for 6.4 miles to the Bowen/Baker Trailhead parking area. Follow the Baker Gulch Trail to one of two access points.

NO DOGS ALLOWED! You have to go through Rocky Mountain National Park gates to get to the trail. The ranger told me no dogs allowed and then explained that the parking lot for this trail is on RMNP property and so is 1 mike if the trail. It wasn’t worth $25 to see if I would get stopped by a ranger, so I turned around and had to find another trail. Lesson: don’t bring your dog on this or plan to go elsewhere with your pup! That’s why I gave it one star cuz the description is wrong. I’m sure the trail is lovely - but I never got to see it.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Dave^^ why did you rate it a 4 star? I'm curious.

Saturday, July 01, 2017