Arthur's Rock Trail

Arthur's Rock Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The rapid elevation increase is immediately apparent. The change in trail, foliage and scenery was enjoyable. The last 10th of a mile will kick your butt, be prepared! The view of Horsetooth Reservoir and Fort Collins is breathtaking! I would not recommend this trail to those out of shape or new to hiking.

Awesome hike

Great trail! Love the view!

Challenging climb but well-constructed trail and excellent views from the summit!

Easy climb and beautiful views.

We found this trail to be much easier than described in other reviews. I took my 7 and 9 year old boys and they had no problem getting to the top. Nice and cool still in July at 6 am. Windy at the top. We saw lots of deer. Amazing views at the top.

Hard on a hot day but worth it

Partially shaded nice trail. Not that hard. Scramble at the end is steep, but short with lots of sculpted steps + plenty of hand holds. Wild flowers are past their prime this time of year. Beautiful view is your payoff at the summit.

Did with all 7 kids ages 6-16. Was a challenge for a few of them, but not too bad!

Loved this hike! Just when you think you can't do anymore you start the boulder climbing and it opens up to an awesome view! Totally worth the climb. Did it with a 14, 10, and 5 year old.

Great hike! Done this one with my dogs, kids, girl scouts multiple times. Great views! Be sure to have water with you!

Pretty dang challenging... but great views!

Beautiful and rewarding hike but challenging! If you don't get an early start, it gets pretty hot. It's very steep, and we rested in each shady spot because we got a late start and were in summer heat the whole way. Final part is steep and you have to climb to get the top, but it's worth it for the views. Lots of very cool rocks and minerals on the way, it makes the whole trail shimmery! Be very careful in sunny spots. We encountered a rattlesnake and had to wait for it to move off the trail. Check under rocks and don't step over or agitate a snake!

This is my favorite hike close to home. My grandkids ages 4 and 7 love it too.

Beautiful, hard enough for me for a workout the last mile. Combo of open fields, and trees. Great views from the top. I wouldn’t bring my older dog.

The altitude gain was really hard with my asthma, but with plenty of rest stops we made it to the top. The view was worth every single huff, puff, and pant it took to get up, and the trip down is nice and easy.

last stretch was difficult with a dog on the leash but great hike

I love this hike. It is my go to hike(every birthday) when I am looking for a workout and few people, in the morning.

Thanks to the person below who suggested bringing a hammock to hang out on top - I did and it was fantastic! Don't get caught up in the AllTrails rating, this hike is really not too difficult aside from a couple hundred feet up to the top. Lory State Park even rates it as moderate. The view from the top is stunning on both sides, and the wildflowers all the way up blew my mind - took timber trail to make a loop headed west and saw spotted coralroot orchids, irises, columbine, and more all along the backside of the hill. Gorgeous, peaceful hike, will definitely have to come back!

Spectacular today! The summit had the most splendid views. I am an average hiker and it was about 1-1.15hr to the top with a few rest stops. The trails are wonderfully maintained and trails are very clearly marked. Dogs on leashes and a couple of families but pretty quiet for a Colorado trail!

Incredible view at the top. Great place to bring a hammock and spend some time with a picnic. I definitely wouldn’t rate this as “Hard.” Short hike in and only a little steeper at the top switchbacks.

Had so much fun! Not many people and challenging but not exhausting

Great hike! Went yesterday and its very muddy but still a great hike. Beautiful views from the top.

did this trail with the kids and they all made it. light scrambling towards the end with great views. would deff do this one again.

A great quick workout with amazing views atop Arthur’s rock of Fort Collins, forests, and beyond. A beautiful open valley to start, forest hike detours, and many switch backs lead up to Arthur’s on the final ascent up.

Best hike near Fort Collins in terms of bang for your buck. The length and gain are perfect for a day hike and will challenge you without beating you down.

Starting exploring Foco nearby trails. Started at West Valley Trail and from there to Arthur's Rock Trail. I'd say easy to moderate, very busy families with small kids. The view from the top is great.

Great hike! Awesome views at the top. I would not say this is difficult, more moderate. We saw lots of kids. No ice up there today!!

Hiked this trail today. No ice and the trail is very well groomed and marked. Went early in the morning. Saw deer and a few other hikers. The view at the top is so amazing. Good cardio workout! Please note that the trailhead is at the end of the gravel road into the park. Also, bring $7 per car. Had to do self-pay as there was no one around.

I wouldn't call this hike hard, I would call it moderate. the views at the top are incredible. Burned about 700 calories at an average heart rate of 126. No ice at all, just a little muddy. March 24th.