Arthur's Rock Trail

Arthur's Rock Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

38 minutes ago

Great hike! Went yesterday and its very muddy but still a great hike. Beautiful views from the top.

did this trail with the kids and they all made it. light scrambling towards the end with great views. would deff do this one again.

A great quick workout with amazing views atop Arthur’s rock of Fort Collins, forests, and beyond. A beautiful open valley to start, forest hike detours, and many switch backs lead up to Arthur’s on the final ascent up.

Best hike near Fort Collins in terms of bang for your buck. The length and gain are perfect for a day hike and will challenge you without beating you down.

Starting exploring Foco nearby trails. Started at West Valley Trail and from there to Arthur's Rock Trail. I'd say easy to moderate, very busy families with small kids. The view from the top is great.

Great hike! Awesome views at the top. I would not say this is difficult, more moderate. We saw lots of kids. No ice up there today!!

Hiked this trail today. No ice and the trail is very well groomed and marked. Went early in the morning. Saw deer and a few other hikers. The view at the top is so amazing. Good cardio workout! Please note that the trailhead is at the end of the gravel road into the park. Also, bring $7 per car. Had to do self-pay as there was no one around.

I wouldn't call this hike hard, I would call it moderate. the views at the top are incredible. Burned about 700 calories at an average heart rate of 126. No ice at all, just a little muddy. March 24th.

Did this hike yesterday 3/17 early morning. No ice issues to report. It’s an amazing hike that gets your heart rate up for sure! The view at the top is %100 worth it! It says hard, but I wouldn’t go that far, though there are some steep spots.

Amazing hike on a usual day.
However hiked yesterday 3/4 and the lower portion of the trail (about half mile) is a complete sheet of ice. Very dangerous to hike if you don't have trackers. Saw many people fall hard, a majority turned around before it got too bad. Stay safe spring hikers!

So much fun! Great views and bouldering.

Amazing views great cardio

Very icy for the first half of the trail, spikes highly recommended.

This was the perfect trail to introduce my fiancee to backpacking. It is close to home just in case we needed to turn around and just past Arthur's Rock is a great campsite you can book that overlooks Ft. Collins.

Amazing hike! First .25 mi is packed snow. Next .5 mi is slightly icy/muddy (nothing crazy, made it in running shoes) then clear to the top.

Great trails and beautiful views at the top! Short distance but elevation changes make it harder.

This is one of my favorite trails in this area. I expected some snow this time of year but there really was not too much. Some mud. The trail closest to the trailhead was a bit icy though. Be careful! Especially when coming back down.

I would not rate this hike has Hard. It's challenging sure but not has hard (length way nor incline wise) as Horsetooth Rock. Pretty views, moderately busy foot traffic, and easy to accomplish in an afternoon

Beautiful, definitely a push but so worth it!

Perfect for a quick hike. View is a great pay off.

Great for our small pup

Would rate as moderate not hard..... I did the hike in about 4 hrs with plenty of time to chill and take in the full sunset at the top before coming down and making it out of the park 6pm (when the gate closes).....

Will be doing this one again and again until I'm in better shape.

Went with three peers, my mom, and three big dogs. We all made it to the top! Felt more like a moderate trail to me personally, but the last stretch to the summit was the steepest. Nice workout and nice views!

Worth the Short hike to the top for the view over Fort Collins.

One of my favorite hikes in Fort Collins. Some steep parts- definitely a great trail to get your heart pumping. The views from the top never disappoint!

Loads of fun early morning for exercise. Great views.

Fantastic hike. Very steep in parts. I would rate it medium to hard.
Fantastic views of Horsetooth Reservoir and Ft Collins.

Sunrise was spectacular at the top.

Most awesome trail in Fort Collins. The rewards include incredible views of horsetooth resevoir and the city of FOCO

Beautiful views! I'm not very into shape (cardio wise) so it was kind of difficult for me (hardest hike I have done so far) but with a couple of rests and resting at the overlook for a bit longer (it's about 1.1 mi up the trail / 1.7 mi trail to the top if I remember correctly), I finished the trail! So worth it...the views are great. We went a Friday afternoon and it wasn't crowded at all. Saw enough people to feel safe but was alone most of the time so I got my quiet time. Like others said, yes it's mostly up hill the entire trail! Be prepared.