Apex Trail to Enchanted Forest Trail Loop is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden Heights, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail is just ok. Parking situation is off the side of a busy road. If you want to get in a hike or a run, it's a good spot, but don't come here expecting spectacular views. One thing that made this trail less enjoyable is the amount of mountain bikers that just will NOT yield to hikers. The day I went I saw about 30 bikers, only 2 moved out of the way. Others quite dangerously sped by us. Maybe one day people will figure out trail rules or choose to follow them.

Trail was nice, gradual incline with lengths of exposed and shade. Lots of creek spots for the pup to get a drink and cool her paws. The mountain bikers kind of ruin this trail though. I usually went on odd days but made the mistake of going on an even day with more bikers and was told multiple times that I, as a hiker, must have a death wish being there on an even day and had no business being out hiking. I always step out of bikers ways plenty in advance and think we should be able to share but apparently the bikers here think they own the place and aren’t afraid to say so. I wish they would make the odd/even days to be bikes and no bikes instead of always bikes and bikes with a directional rule.

So this trail is only 2.6 miles in total instead of 5.2miles. It took us only an hour to do this loop.

Average at best. It’s more a biking trail than hiking trail. So you have to step aside for bikers a lot. Also not ideal for dogs for the same reason. The enchanted forest part of the hike was very pleasant and peaceful. But apex trial is completely exposed to the elements. Also definitely not 5miles. The trail shown is around 3miles

When it is windy, this is the best place to hike. My favorite go to hike. There is also a trail head a Pocco Calle and better parking than on the busy road!

Very snowy and scenic! We managed with walking shoes poles but if there was much more snow would have needed snow shoes. It’s deceptively downhill at the start, so quite a work out coming back up! ( we decided to double back rather then go through the woods as they were in the shade and likely cold ). Overall a great work out for a few hours, saw deer and enjoyed the gorgeous space!

Nice hike, not bad even with snow covered trail...slushy and muddy in certain areas so wear appropriate foot wear if you are hiking any time soon.

Lots of mountain bikers on a Saturday, so we just had to step off to the side with our dog, but it was a beautiful hike! Saw lots of deer.

It was a challenging hike. Lots of ice, mud and rocky terrain. Also, lots of bikers and runners and it’s a narrow trail.

Great trail. But super iced over today.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

My only gripe is that this trail is primarily used for mountain biking. There were signs posted throughout that it be used by bikers on odd days only: Sun, Tues, Thurs- an important detail missing from the description. Being from out of town, we had no idea & decided to hike it on a Thurs. We had to move out of the way at least half a dozen times. So hikers be aware! Other than that, I loved it. It's terrain is hilly with a few steep areas mixed in and absolutely gorgeous. No views per say, but wildflowers and many species of trees throughout.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Beautiful loop covered in wildflowers and wild raspberries right now! Narrow path shared with lots of mountain bikers. The trailhead only has a tiny marker, it looks like it's in a residential area, the trail starts right by a bunch of mailboxes but quickly drops off into a nature setting.