Ampitheatre Trail

Ampitheatre Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Ampitheater trail is short but is rated as moderate due to the sharp incline and is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Reaching the top is not enough, one should explore the east face of the mountain for a great scene of beautiful Boulder, CO.

I have used this as a connecting trail, and it's just a lot of steps.

Wowza! Beautiful hike but a tough one on my knees & feet. The incline was steep & steady most of the way up 1.5 miles. Much of the trail is shaded by the Forrest & the scenery is great. Once at the top (according to All Trails map) the turn around point was nothing special. The hike down was more difficult for me than the quad burning ascent. The steps down were big, the hoping down step after step seemed endless and my knees & feet paid the price. Glad I did it but this one is checked off my list.

really pretty trail, coming down just after sunset we saw lots of deer and bats.

Great trail, but be on the lookout for rattlesnakes. On our way down today we had to wait for a very large rattler to cross the trail.

Awesome hike with beautiful views and definitely a work out

It's a beautiful trail, but a bit crowded over the weekend, as I've come to expect of most Boulder trails.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016