Ampitheatre Trail

Ampitheatre Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Ampitheater trail is short but is rated as moderate due to the sharp incline and is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail. Reaching the top is not enough, one should explore the east face of the mountain for a great scene of beautiful Boulder, CO.

Great trail, but be on the lookout for rattlesnakes. On our way down today we had to wait for a very large rattler to cross the trail.

Awesome hike with beautiful views and definitely a work out

It's a beautiful trail, but a bit crowded over the weekend, as I've come to expect of most Boulder trails.

Good short trail to do if you want to see Boulder from above.

The whole Chautauqua Park area is full of trails and loops to hike. The Amphitheater spur is a bit of a quad burner due to the steepness and all the steps to climb. This little hike is fairly close to my house and I'll use it as my workout hike. Personally for me Chautauqua Park is too crowded to really enjoy the hikes and that's why I only give it 3 stars. But there are trails there for just about any level and distance as a part of the whole interconnected Front Range in the Boulder and Golden area.

We walked this one a few times. The scenery is great and not that long but it is steep so its not the best for younger kids.

Enjoyable hike with excellent views; great for kids 8-year+