Alluvial Fan Trail

Alluvial Fan Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until September.

I explored the west side of the debris field and falls. It was a lot of fun scrambling over the rocks and boulders of all sizes. This was the first stop during my visit to RMNP back in July. I knew immediately that I was in for a treat when a coyote wandered very close by just as I was getting out of the car. And in an update, I recently read that construction of a new trail and bridge has just begun, replacing what was destroyed in a 2013 flood.

Nice easy trail with an explanation of what occurred years earlier that formed the area.

7-30-2017
Very pretty waterfall, and a very good place to take a visitor from out of town to see some beautiful views. Not a hike at all. Chaotic crowd and limited parking, as to be expected.

We parked at the West Alluvial Fan parking lot and were able to cross over to the east side. Nice short hike with sounds of rushing water. Nice water fall and great picture opportunity.

Nice Waterfall. Hard to find trail.

The walk to the falls is too short and the little climbing there is it is dangerous

We parked on the east side and went off the trail and climbed up the hills. We took off our shoes and crossed the falls stream and that was possibly the highlight of this hike. We hiked up the west side hills. Amazing views!!!