Alderfer Three Sisters Trail

Alderfer Three Sisters Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

East Trailhead: Turn west on Buffalo Park Road from County Highway 73, just south of downtown Evergreen, and travel approximately one mile. You can also reach this trailhead by foot or bike from the Dedissee Trail, originating at the Evergreen Lakehouse. West Trailhead: This larger lot is a 1/2 mile west of the east trailhead.

Very enjoyable! Plenty of trails to pick from. There’s about a foot of snow right off the trail but much more if you go too far off. You see elk and wildlife here and there. Woods but if you go to perimeter trails then you see meadows. I used my basic spikes (smaller less heavy duty) over my hiking boots and it was a great hike!

trail in great shape for this time of year, no ice!

Good hiking trail. Beautiful view of Mt Evans from the Brothers Outlook. Trail had some snow pack on it but didn’t need micro-spikes to hike it today.

Fun "wander around" trails. Worth the trip.

A bunch of Powdery snow fell the night before so it was a A wonderful trail for a snow hike. Early morning hike. The temp was -1 so we bundled up a bit more than normal. We loved the quiet serenity and the elevation gain/drops were easy. Lots of animal tracks and some deer spottings. We wore crampons to navigate the snow but no ice.

trails dust covered with snow, but no ice. nice hike very few people on trail. eager to try other trails in the area. was cold started flurrying at the end. dress in layers

Pretty little dusting of snow on the trail today. Option to mix and match with all of the other intersecting trails along the way. As long or as short as you like.

(12/9) Pretty easy hike, my guy is not much into hiking or great shape but was able to do this pretty easily. Not much snow on the trail, only in shaded spots. Still a good hike and nice views

Free climbing on this hike (top of Sisters trail) was killer! Loved the view.

Nice hike on a clear day. Not too many people.

Great hike, definitely didnt feel like a 6 miler. Easy and fun, plus we saw birds and deer and climbed on the rocks for a while.

The trail was great yesterday! Partly snow covered but not difficult to manage at all. Views are killer. Wasn’t too busy either.

Today the view was spectacular. The trail to the summit was 1/2 dry and 1/2 covered with a light dusting of dry snow that was crunchy but not sloppy or icy at all. The snow was less than 1/2” deep.

This is a great hike to do in the winter. The trail is easy to follow even with fresh snow and it may be the only time of year you don't have to fight for a parking spot. Nice steady climb to Evergreen Mountain through very thick forest. Some nice views from the top of Evergreen. Currently a lot of snow and some icy spots. Although we did not break out the Yak Trax they would have come in handy. This is a nice hike close to Denver,l Just keep in mind it gets very crowded when the weather is nice.

I did this hike yesterday (11/11) and the trail was snow covered. It was very pretty with all the snow. We didn’t do the entire trail but enjoyed the portion we did do. I did it fine with nice snow boots but it was a little slippery at times. My friend had crampons on her shoes and they seemed to work well. Snow shoes would have been overkill

There is very minimal snow on the sides of the trail and some of the standing water is starting to ice over, but no issues for walking through the trails. This hike met my craving for getting out and about, but the trails are definitely on the east side. It’s more like a walk that a hike that gets your heart pumping. Similar to other reviews, it is easy to take another unintended path and end up back at your car sooner than expected. I did enjoy the views of the mountains and overlooking evergreen high school. Overall the hike was enjoyable, but I probably wouldn’t do it again.

Initially intended to do the entire loop but accidentally cut across halfway thru and didn’t want to back track (again). Beautiful scenery, and it’s best to get there early. Heavier traffic begins around 9am. Overall, highly recommend!

Great groomed trail and wonderful views

I went her at the recommendation of my local bike shop and I had a great time. Was just by myself but decided to not look at the trail map and just go where I thought looked more interesting. Ended up staying and going up and down again and again for almost four hours. Next time I will have to bring my climbing shoes though as I found some nice bouldering spots just off the trails. Was fairly crowded and a fairly easy but pleasant downhill ride. The times I was going uphill wasn’t bad and I would say with some of the rocks and logs in the trail could be considered a medium.

Great hike!

easy, with some nice views

This was a pretty and fun ride but it is definitely rated wrong. I got here thinking this would be a green level ride and the exact trail shown is mostly blue with some black, we walked our bikes for a good portion of the up hill and some of the down hill because it was way too steep! Overall a good ride but I wouldn’t bike it again.

Awesome trail! I would recommend doing this backwards from what is shown on here, as the “back half” is much more fun and up and down. The “front half” on this map is very much the same, sloping downhill the entire time. The lookout point is also great. Great trail for running, biking, the lot! Should be rated more difficult than it is - the evergreen mountain trail is shorter and follows nearly the same route but is shorter, and it is rated as “hard.” This, however, is longer and somehow rated “easy.”

The trails are well marked and beautiful scenery. This is one of my favorite trails to go on. However, I would suggest to get there early as the parking lot gets full & it’s a very popular hike.

Easy hike up Mount Muhly and recommend for everyone!

This hike was beautiful and easy. I plan to take some visitors here in a few months! I agree with an earlier review about taking a picture of the map before starting, or taking a paper map with you on the trail to make sure you’re going in the right direction.

Very easy but heavily trafficked trail. I recommend taking a picture of the map at the trailhead. This is not really one solid loop but a combination of multiple trails. It can be a short 1 mike hike or a long 10 mike hike depending on the combination of trails chosen. Lots of bikes and trails can get quit congested. This is a great trail for families with young children.

A really sweet decent after a pretty techincal uphill. For the initial hour of climbing I had to hop off of my bike 3 times. It was a pretty hard climb but the drop is awesome and steep. Some sweet switchbacks and rock lines make this trail a good option.

Great for a hike with kids. Lots of different trails to make it longer or shorter. Very busy on a Sunday morning.

Nice way to get away from the city and have an enjoyably lazy walk on some pretty trails to get back to center.
However “lightly trafficked” is not the way to describe these trails... but I’ll definitely be back.