Adams Falls Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is best used from June until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

Easy in March without special winter equipment

Awesome trail - As the trail is quite popular, the snow fall is packed down and can be traversed with any hiking shoe. If you want to continue to venture along the east inlet, micro spikes are beneficial. IMPORTANT: There was a female moose basking in the sun along the Adams falls loop. Just past the falls overlook

very good hike..little steep

Perfect 1 mile hike with a coffee and sit at the top and relax. Easy. For anyone!

Great hike that actually ties into some awesome other trails. A quick hike turned into an awesome day hike!

Fun little warmup hike for us before we started a five day backpacking trip on the CDT loop. Great little falls!

It’s not that hard of a hike and has beautiful views. Would definitely recommend. And if you want better views if you go past the falls and hike for a little you will see the best views I have seen in a long time.

I would do it again. Easy hike to the falls. But make sure you at least continue to the meadow! It was stunning!! Well worth it.

Easy trail, I did it in Teva sandals with a coffee haha. Great hike for kids and also awesome place to see fall colors! Just went this week and the water is still flowing pretty strong!

Nice short walk to the falls...but don’t stop there! Continue on for some of the most beautiful winding stream views through tall grass. You can easily turn this into as long a hike as you’d like.

We hiked this trail with our young children and enjoyed it. There were some parts that were slightly steep that we managed just fine but some older people who were nearby seemed to have a tough time with the grade. The falls were nice but about 150 yards further there was a beautiful calm stream and open meadow with gorgeous mountain views. Would hike this again!

Recommend doing east inlet trail along with the falls. Otherwise, I'd spend your time elsewhere in the park.

Amazing. On the upper side of the falls there is a spot to walk out and sit on the rocks in the river. We could have just sat there all day.

awesome trail for kids and beginners

Loved the beautiful river and views! Also Adams Falls are soo beautiful.

great little hike for kids.

I would not rate this hike easy. The incline was difficult for me. I had to stop several times. The view of the river was ok. I chose not to continue on the loop trail past that because I was too tired.

I took my four boys, 12, 4, 2, 1 year old. This is a steep incline to get to the falls. It was a bit hard in the younger too. We took our time stopped a few times. The path forks, if you go left you can see the falls first and then hike up a little ways to the swallow river and play in the water a bit. My kids made the loop, took 2 hours with all the stops.

Great trail, very short with a great view!

Nice little loop with pretty views

I wish someone would have mentioned that the entire trail to the waterfall is uphill over rocks with lots of steps cut into the rocks. It is 100 feet elevation gain in that first .3 miles. I would have never taken my 75 year old mom on this trail had I known it was uphill through rocks. It was also not that shady. After she made it to the falls it levels out and runs along the creek, where my kids took off their shoes and played in the water. it is a beautiful short hike, but I would not rate it as easy unless you are in shape and hiking all of the time. We are also from Indiana so the elevation and thinner air was part of the problem. Again, great hike, just wish people had mentioned up hill over rocks.

Family friendly. Easy little trail. With a beautiful waterfall.

Good easy trail. Kid friendly. About 20-30 minutes round trip

Kid friendly. Has some up hill areas but scenic views for a short distance hike.

Love the scenic view of the falls. Short scenic hike to a magnificent view. Then beyond the falls, along the river even more amazing scenery. Wildlife includes: mule deer, moose, chipmunks, and many types of birds. One other type of wildlife that you are guaranteed to encounter are mosquitoes. So take a bug repellent of some sort.