Adams Falls Trail

Adams Falls Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is best used from June until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

Large parking area with restrooms.

Nice short walk to the falls...but don’t stop there! Continue on for some of the most beautiful winding stream views through tall grass. You can easily turn this into as long a hike as you’d like.

We hiked this trail with our young children and enjoyed it. There were some parts that were slightly steep that we managed just fine but some older people who were nearby seemed to have a tough time with the grade. The falls were nice but about 150 yards further there was a beautiful calm stream and open meadow with gorgeous mountain views. Would hike this again!

Recommend doing east inlet trail along with the falls. Otherwise, I'd spend your time elsewhere in the park.

Amazing. On the upper side of the falls there is a spot to walk out and sit on the rocks in the river. We could have just sat there all day.

awesome trail for kids and beginners

Loved the beautiful river and views! Also Adams Falls are soo beautiful.

great little hike for kids.

I would not rate this hike easy. The incline was difficult for me. I had to stop several times. The view of the river was ok. I chose not to continue on the loop trail past that because I was too tired.

I took my four boys, 12, 4, 2, 1 year old. This is a steep incline to get to the falls. It was a bit hard in the younger too. We took our time stopped a few times. The path forks, if you go left you can see the falls first and then hike up a little ways to the swallow river and play in the water a bit. My kids made the loop, took 2 hours with all the stops.

Great trail, very short with a great view!

Nice little loop with pretty views

I wish someone would have mentioned that the entire trail to the waterfall is uphill over rocks with lots of steps cut into the rocks. It is 100 feet elevation gain in that first .3 miles. I would have never taken my 75 year old mom on this trail had I known it was uphill through rocks. It was also not that shady. After she made it to the falls it levels out and runs along the creek, where my kids took off their shoes and played in the water. it is a beautiful short hike, but I would not rate it as easy unless you are in shape and hiking all of the time. We are also from Indiana so the elevation and thinner air was part of the problem. Again, great hike, just wish people had mentioned up hill over rocks.

Family friendly. Easy little trail. With a beautiful waterfall.

Good easy trail. Kid friendly. About 20-30 minutes round trip

Kid friendly. Has some up hill areas but scenic views for a short distance hike.

Love the scenic view of the falls. Short scenic hike to a magnificent view. Then beyond the falls, along the river even more amazing scenery. Wildlife includes: mule deer, moose, chipmunks, and many types of birds. One other type of wildlife that you are guaranteed to encounter are mosquitoes. So take a bug repellent of some sort.

Great trail. Took my 75 yr old mom to see the falls and the gorgeous meadow beyond. Great views. Hike is getting more traffic.

A great short hike in to see some beautiful falls. Quite busy with people . But worth the short walk back to the falls!

Easy trail! Beautiful waterfall area. Hiked fairly quickly with several stops. Great acclimation hike if you’ve traveled in town! Definitely more of a hike than a trail.

We did this hike the evening of 7/14. We ventured farther up the trail to the second meadow. the first meadow is only about 5-10 minutes beyond the falls, The second is about 20 minutes. I highly recommend continuing to the Meadows, especially in the evening. Overall, this is a great hike if you're in Grand Lake. We liked it better than Shadow Mountain.

Great easier hike for the family. Fun rocks to climb and a little river area to climb on downed trees. Waterfall is worth it! Would have loved to go on to the meadows but we didn’t have time.

Awesome quick hike. It was a lot rockier than I expected for a trail rated as easy. Don’t get me wrong...it’s an easy hike, but unexpected. It was such a treat to see a volunteer ranger out and about. Lots of families of all ages on the trail. The best was the option to keep going where it connects with Lower East Inlet Trail.

Beautiful views and photo ops. Breathtaking.

Super easy trail with nice view of falls and rolling creek. Opens up to a pretty meadow with nice flat water

Short hike to the falls is great for families and people who want to hike but can not go far. Because of that, it is very crowded. There are a few spots around the falls to explore to get away from the crowds on the viewing platform. Hike up another 200 yards to an area that is above the falls, shaded and a good area for kids to put their feet in the water.

This is a short hike, good for kids. The water fall is beautiful and has some opportunities to climb down to enjoy the water closer.